The Conspiracy

• 42 Replies
?

eric bloedow

Re: The Conspiracy
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 04:41:47 PM »
Earth is simply too big for a backyard experiment to have any meaningful results!

Tom, you claim to live near the seashore. how many times have you seen a ship sail over the horizon? watch it through your telescope, and see if it simply fades into the distance or disappears from the bottom up!

in other words, try it yourself, instead of mindlessly repeating "robotham" over and over!

oh, one more thing: you claim "the conspiracy" makes the earth seem round by making every ship navigator fake his results. tell that to those people who sail across the ocean alone that they did not do what they actually did!

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 05:13:14 PM »

No, i mean this formula would work if G was caused by mass distorting space. Instead the Earth is hurtling through space, causing us to feel it's acceleration. Its gravity is independent of its mass. Therefore density cannot be found.
Sorry, I understand what you meant now.  It actually clicked when I was eating lunch and then I came and saw this post.

Yeah, it is based on a different model and not the UA model.
Lol, it's cool. I tend to assume the dumbest answers too when dealing with people on this site.

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 05:31:33 PM »
Now how do you explain the discrepancies (asked several times lately)  and what causes and allows these orbits?

I've already explained more than enough. The planets are revolving around the sun, which is itself revolving around the hub of the earth. That causes the retrograde motion of the planets as seen by observers on earth.

No that does not describe what we observe.That is the Ptolemaic Model and its predictions are NOT what we observe.

As for what allows the planets to orbit around the sun? The Columb force fits perfectly here. The Columb law states that the electrostatic force between two charged bodies is proportional to the product of the amount of charge on the bodies divided by the square of the distance between them, just as the increasingly discredited theory of gravity. If the bodies are oppositely charged, one positive and one negative they are attracted toward one another; if the bodies are similarly charged, both positive or both negative, the force between them is repulsive.

Now who and when measured the Charge of the Earth and The Sun and Planets?
What were the findings?
A charge on an infinite body?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 05:49:39 PM »
No that does not describe what we observe.That is the Ptolemaic Model and its predictions are NOT what we observe.

I didn't describe the Ptolmic model. I actually described the Copernicus' Heliocentric model with the only difference of the Earth being outside of the solar system. I agree that the retrograde motion of the planets is much more elegant when the planets are moving around the sun, rather than in a series of epicycles.

Are you saying that you disbelieve the Copernican model now?

What were the findings?

No one has measured the charge of the sun and planets.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 05:52:55 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

jdoe

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
I agree that the retrograde motion of the planets is much more elegant when the planets are moving around the sun, rather than in a series of epicycles.

Retrograde motion of planets is only observed for Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, not coincidentally the planets outside of Earth's orbit in the RE model.  Retrograde motion is not observed for the inner planets Mercury and Venus.

How does the FE model account for this?
Mars or Bust

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 06:39:44 PM »

I didn't describe the Ptolmic model. I actually described the Copernicus' Heliocentric model with the only difference of the Earth being outside of the solar system. I agree that the retrograde motion of the planets is much more elegant when the planets are moving around the sun, rather than in a series of epicycles.

Tom the Copernican model has the Earth orbiting the Sun.
"The planets are revolving around the sun, which is itself revolving around the hub of the earth." is the Ptolmic model

Are you saying that you disbelieve the Copernican model now?

No.

What were the findings?

But people have measured the mass.

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 09:26:39 AM »
oh, yes, i remember: astronomers discovered Neptune by observing the effects of it's gravity on Uranus! and Pluto was discovered similarly. but some FErs claim gravity doesn't exist!

some people believe there is a 10th planet bigger than jupiter somewhere past pluto, but it hasn't been officially discovered!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 09:33:10 AM »
I agree that the retrograde motion of the planets is much more elegant when the planets are moving around the sun, rather than in a series of epicycles.

Retrograde motion of planets is only observed for Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, not coincidentally the planets outside of Earth's orbit in the RE model.  Retrograde motion is not observed for the inner planets Mercury and Venus.

How does the FE model account for this?

That is incorrect. retrograde motion is observed for all planets.

The inferior planets such as Mercury and Venus undergo retrograde motion around inferior conjunction. The superior planets such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn undergo retrograde motion at around opposition.

Tom the Copernican model has the Earth orbiting the Sun.
"The planets are revolving around the sun, which is itself revolving around the hub of the earth." is the Ptolmic model

No. The Ptolemaic model uses deferents and epicycles to describe the movements of the planets. The planets do not revolve around the sun in the Ptolemaic model.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocentric_model
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 09:36:29 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 10:00:49 AM »
Tom is correct that retrograde motion is observed in all the planets, not just those outside of Earths orbit.  But no geocentric model (even those that have allowed the other planets to orbit the sun) is able to explain retrograde motion as perfectly as heliocentrism.

Actually, that's not correct.  We can and have measured the charge of the sun and planets.  I'll give you a full account of the methodology if you want, but suffice it to say that while the sun and many of the planets do have magnetic fields, they are all electrically neutral.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:17:45 PM by Max Fagin »
"The earth looks flat; therefore it is flat."
-Flat Earthers

"Triangle ABC looks isosceles; therefore . . ."
-3rd grade geometry student

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2007, 06:15:04 PM »
 i think that all you nut cases, should be carted off to the looney bin, the earth is round,, it is insane that you think otherwise, it is a conspiracy, when i was told about the fes i couldent belive it, i had to see for myself, and i am shocked, flat earth sounds like mud huts and hunting with spears to me! what a weird world we live in!

respectfully yours,
caroline from uk 

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »
i think that all you nut cases, should be carted off to the looney bin, the earth is round,, it is insane that you think otherwise, it is a conspiracy, when i was told about the fes i couldent belive it, i had to see for myself, and i am shocked, flat earth sounds like mud huts and hunting with spears to me! what a weird world we live in!

I "couldent belive it" either.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2007, 07:08:37 PM »
are we the only sane people on this site? thease people should be living in caves sticking berries up there noses and pokeing eachother with sticks, sorry for my spelling

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 09:45:42 AM »

respectfully yours,
caroline from uk 

That might actually be worthy of my sig.

BTW, the Earth is Flat.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness