Is FE actually just an attempt to prove God?

• 31 Replies
Re: Is FE actually just an attempt to prove God?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2016, 09:13:59 AM »
Throughout human history, people tried to explain natural phenomenon with gods. Science showed that no gods are necessary for rain to fall, or lightning to strike. No demons are needed to make someone sick or for floods to wash over the land.

But following the arguments in this forum, it seems to me most FEers are desperately trying to find models of the Earth that cannot possibly work... They are inherantly flawed. LIke trying to start an engine without fuel, all FE notions miss one or more vital elements to make it work.

FE seems hellbent (pardon the expression) to prove that things are in fact unprovable.

Because if a mechanic behind a model is unprovable and unknowable, there is now once again room to put the gods back in physics.

Why do things fall? Gods.
Why does there appear to be innertia? Gods.
What makes the Sun rise and set? Gods.

The need for Gods is the prime motivator to discard the known laws of physics.

in fact no, if you want aware, the flat earth theory's comeback was due to a project set to try to make a valid argument for something we know as untrue
search for Andrea Barnes, that tells you it all

also, there's a reason that the massive ice shelf at Antarctica has been renamed 'The Rockefeller Plateau'

Re: Is FE actually just an attempt to prove God?
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 11:56:32 AM »
Throughout human history, people tried to explain natural phenomenon with gods. Science showed that no gods are necessary for rain to fall, or lightning to strike. No demons are needed to make someone sick or for floods to wash over the land.

But following the arguments in this forum, it seems to me most FEers are desperately trying to find models of the Earth that cannot possibly work... They are inherantly flawed. LIke trying to start an engine without fuel, all FE notions miss one or more vital elements to make it work.

FE seems hellbent (pardon the expression) to prove that things are in fact unprovable.

Because if a mechanic behind a model is unprovable and unknowable, there is now once again room to put the gods back in physics.

Why do things fall? Gods.
Why does there appear to be innertia? Gods.
What makes the Sun rise and set? Gods.

The need for Gods is the prime motivator to discard the known laws of physics.

no i am athiest and i know the earth is flat.....