Plate Tectonics?

• 90 Replies
?

doyh

Plate Tectonics?
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »
According to RET, a massive asteroid hit Earth and caused Plate Tectonics. That asteroid later became the Moon. This is impossible for several reasons in FET, such as the fact that nothing can leave the atmosphere. What is the FE explanation?
If we would all stop deflecting questions, maybe we could get somewhere.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52:39 PM »
Plate tectonics is quite simply a myth. The continents have always been much as they are today, they certainly didn't split apart from one giant continent like globularists claim!
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

doyh

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:54:57 AM »
Plate tectonics is quite simply a myth. The continents have always been much as they are today, they certainly didn't split apart from one giant continent like globularists claim!

Then how do you explain earthquakes? And the whole "the Earth is still changing" thing?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:57:18 AM by doyh »

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »

seriously? flat earht is one thing but denying this is just dumb. they can be observed all over the planet. i would like you to explain the events that happen along the faults acording to FET

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 04:45:02 PM »
An Earthquake is caused by a great rumbling of the subterranean chambers of the Earth. The Earth is not "still changing". Can you think of no other evidence that the continents are constantly floating about and split up from one giant one? What a preposterous notion.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

IOA

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »
An Earthquake is caused by a great rumbling of the subterranean chambers of the Earth.

Where did you go to find those?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 05:34:45 PM »
then why are the himalayas still growing? and how would you explain folding rock formations? you cant deny these basic facts. the earths movement is observed and can been seen all over. how would you explain the fosilised sea life in the middle of a continent? i sopose nasa planted them there  ???

IOA

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 05:37:41 PM »
Squevil, you're missing the point. They can explain anything, given time. What they cannot do is give you proof of any explanations. For them, that would require actually going there and observing the explanation firsthand, meaning anyone can go there and observe the effect. Unfortunately, none of the mechanisms postulated by the Flat Earth society are directly observable, so the whole hypothesis falls apart from that.

?

FakeLiar

• Kelly Clarkson - Now THAT is round!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »
Unfortunately, none of the mechanisms postulated by the Flat Earth society are directly observable, so the whole hypothesis falls apart from that.
Poor, poor pitiful us - the flat earthers.

Oh, wait - none of YOUR postulated mechanisms are verifiable!   ;D
The Earth is flat, like my hairy (and rather sexy) chest.

IOA

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
...Except they have been verified, time and time again. You just choose to invalidate them to preserve your age-old hypothesis.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
i just cant believe FE dont believe in plate techtonics too. there are explanations for all of my questions. why cant a flat earth develope anyway? argh you guys can be so stubborn

?

Thork

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »
This continent drifting story is ridiculous as James says. Think about it.

>Where do all the continents start?
>>Erm as one big continent. Its called Pangea.
>Ok, so then what?
>> Erm, they all split up
> Right, so what happens next?
>> Erm, they all become one big continent again.
> Then what?
>> Nothing. That's the end.
> What so the land just split itself into loads of bits, and then reformed again?
>> That's the top and bottom of it yes.
> Just once?
>> Yes
> How very convenient. And what is the new continent called?
>> Pangea Proxima
> Is there any chance you are making this up?
>> No, I swear on the Conspiracy.
> Are you sure you aren't using this elaborate earth reformation to explain things you don't understand?
>> Can someone remove this guy? He is making me uncomfortable.
> Don't shoot!

C'mon guys, you buying this rubbish? We just happen to be in the golden age of earthly separation right now. It just gets more silly.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:08:40 PM by Thork »

IOA

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »
Are you implying that Rodinia is the end result of Plate movement? Because that happened 750 million years ago.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 05:57:48 PM »
nobody knows exactly where they started or how they will ultimately settle. its just a theory. what can be observed though is the movement of the plates. this can be seen this is the main point, not only that it can be PROVEN. why dont some FET guys answer some of my basic questions then?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 06:08:44 PM »
again thats just a THEORY, just like flat earth THEORY. so it isnt actual fact but and educated guess so to speak. but movement in the earths crust is fact. there are solid facts too, i have seen this myself and im not a scientist

?

doyh

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 06:33:37 PM »
again thats just a THEORY, just like flat earth THEORY. so it isnt actual fact but and educated guess so to speak. but movement in the earths crust is fact. there are solid facts too, i have seen this myself and im not a scientist

No, it's a theory like the theory of evolution.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 07:36:06 PM »
then why are the himalayas still growing? and how would you explain folding rock formations? you cant deny these basic facts. the earths movement is observed and can been seen all over. how would you explain the fosilised sea life in the middle of a continent? i sopose nasa planted them there  ???

Himalayas are still growing? Oh boy same people that tell us we came from aples spew this non sense. James is right, the continents never joined together and Pangea is another lie from mainstream science. Google the map of Pangea and take a good look! The continents don't even fit together. Scientists did a very poor job of squeezing them all into one giant landmass. Shame!
JJA voted for Pedro

?

doyh

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »

Himalayas are still growing? Oh boy same people that tell us we came from aples spew this non sense. James is right, the continents never joined together and Pangea is another lie from mainstream science. Google the map of Pangea and take a good look! The continents don't even fit together. Scientists did a very poor job of squeezing them all into one giant landmass. Shame!

Then why can you put all the continents together? And yes, they are. Every time someone climbs Everest, they set a world record. I think that it increases at four inches a year or something like that.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 08:01:21 PM »
Dude, take a look at Pangea map. It's a puzzle that does not fit. Well it fits by the solo ego of the mainstream scientific community lol
JJA voted for Pedro

?

doyh

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »
Dude, take a look at Pangea map. It's a puzzle that does not fit. Well it fits by the solo ego of the mainstream scientific community lol

Look at an actual map. The East coast of America fits almost perfectly into the West coast of Europe.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »
did you not even read the fact its a theory? this means they are not saying that its fact but its speculation. nobody can really know where the contents will drift to, its just a prediction because they can estimate what COULD happen if they travel at thier current rate. you cant deny techtonic plates just because you dont believe how the earth could look. firstly nothing tends to be constant and 250 million years is a very long time. many external factors can change the landscape. but i supose the FET doesnt suport external bodies to be large enough to change the earths landscape otherwise they would be visible from the surface of the planet as they would appear the same size as the sun! i dont mean to go off on a tangent but would FE deny the creaters left on the surface of earth? perhaps GPS bosses dug them in thier spare time. you should take a trip to the coast and see how the earths crust has been contorted and twisted for yourselves or go searching for sea life fossils miles away from where any ocean could of been, it may just blow your mind

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 10:49:57 PM »
how would you explain the fosilised sea life in the middle of a continent? i sopose nasa planted them there  ???

How would you explain modern fish bones found in a garbage can in midwestern America?

Like us, the dinosaurs caught fish very often, and shellfish too, and brought the corpses inland for consumption and trade.

What sounds more plausible: that simple fact, or some contrived theory about oceans in the middle of deserts?!

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 11:50:35 PM »
That is actually not true James. For example the desert around Las Vegas was once under water. If you drive to Mount Charleston you will actually see corals in the higher desert. Also some of the rocks were eroded by sea, you can actually observe it as you drive. So yes the water was there before the desert. I don't believe in Pangea, but the continents did look different millions of years ago.
JJA voted for Pedro

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 12:02:34 AM »
No. Like humans, dinosaurs transported corals all about the place as well, since they no doubt found them as pretty as we do. I have a coral on my mantle piece.

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 12:34:48 AM »
James, the nearest coastline is Southern California, its about 270 miles from Las Vegas to the ocean. Dinosaurs traveled that far from the sea with corals in their jaws? LOL
JJA voted for Pedro

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 12:41:36 AM »
James, the nearest coastline is Southern California, its about 270 miles from Las Vegas to the ocean. Dinosaurs traveled that far from the sea with corals in their jaws? LOL

No, I would imagine the put them in baskets, which they strapped to the backs of pack animals (probably saurolophus).

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 02:12:20 AM »

No, I would imagine the put them in baskets, which they strapped to the backs of pack animals (probably saurolophus).
I'm guessing that you don't say things like this at job interviews or first dates.

?

doyh

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 07:13:47 AM »
how would you explain the fosilised sea life in the middle of a continent? i sopose nasa planted them there  ???

How would you explain modern fish bones found in a garbage can in midwestern America?

Like us, the dinosaurs caught fish very often, and shellfish too, and brought the corpses inland for consumption and trade.

What sounds more plausible: that simple fact, or some contrived theory about oceans in the middle of deserts?!

Stop using Occum's Razor. It is not proof of anything, And the second one, because 1) Dinosaurs were not civilized beings, and 2) to travel on foot from any coast to the center of America would take quite a bit longer than it would take a fish to decompose.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 08:37:32 AM »

To be honest, I find the oceans in the middle of deserts theory more plausible.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 10:25:18 AM »
Who is to say that dinosaurs were not a civilized people?