James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #450 on: December 10, 2009, 09:15:47 AM »
Yes. First off, if we had to do this to your expectations, we'd need a time machine to finally make this science.
Second off, we're using this data, combined with other data of fossilized animals and plants, landforms, rocks as someone else pointed out, and we extrapolated back and found that that would make sense if the continents have been moving and fit at one point. Continental Drift is not evidence, the fossils and the landforms and the shape of continents and numerous other otherwise unexplained sets of data is the evidence. Continental Drift fits all of this to provide a theory, without disregarding sets of data, and that is science.

If it is science to believe in extrapolation then why is it not acceptable to believe that a dinosaur can make a floating nest or clump with other dinosaurs as lesser developed species do. If you accept extrapolation as science you must also accept this. You cannot have it both ways.

As for the land masses appearing to "fit". I hardly believe your one example of South America and Africa almost fitting with significant manipulation is concrete enough. You are playing with a jigsaw puzzle.

Using your same "evidence" I find the fossil record supports dinosaurs migrating to the different continents over the ocean.

You are simply stating that your theory is the only explanation for the evidence. I, and many others, disagree.

Your definition of science is flawed.
I can have it my way, because, as I said, CD doesn't disregard sets of data.
Yes, but you are also disregarding other evidence. Cherry-picking, the reason why I'm even talking to you in the first place.
I'm not saying it's the only explanation for the evidence, I'm saying it explains all of the evidence without leaving stuff out.

Also, we could extrapolate that they could have built planes or spaceships according to you. Where is the evidence for them building boats, though? You're extrapolating without all the evidence, meanwhile we won't cherry-pick.
Poor grammar is the internet equivalent of body odor.
My site.

« Reply #451 on: December 10, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »
1) Excellent observation.
2) Why don't you ask one.
3) See 2) above.
4) Is is common knowledge that dinosaur fossils are highly concentrated in sub-oceanic waters.
5)
6) I speak for myself. I am not a parrot.
7) Dinosaurs were not prey, their meat was not preferred.

1) 2) and 3) you can't support.
4) Still inferring sans fact.
5) Your image is of a coot.  The coot's nest is anchored to a foundation which touches the ground.
6) Ca-Caw
7) See 4 and below.

Fish did not eat dinosaurs.
See above picture.

You and your "alts" are the only ones stating that dinosaurs used galleons and sailed the oceans. That is ridiculous.

So you are implying that someone who would proclaim that dinosaurs used any type of sophisticated ship and sailed the oceans is idiotic and has no perception of what could and couldn't happen?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:24:36 AM by Its a Sphere »
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

« Reply #452 on: December 10, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »
Yes. First off, if we had to do this to your expectations, we'd need a time machine to finally make this science.
Second off, we're using this data, combined with other data of fossilized animals and plants, landforms, rocks as someone else pointed out, and we extrapolated back and found that that would make sense if the continents have been moving and fit at one point. Continental Drift is not evidence, the fossils and the landforms and the shape of continents and numerous other otherwise unexplained sets of data is the evidence. Continental Drift fits all of this to provide a theory, without disregarding sets of data, and that is science.

If it is science to believe in extrapolation then why is it not acceptable to believe that a dinosaur can make a floating nest or clump with other dinosaurs as lesser developed species do. If you accept extrapolation as science you must also accept this. You cannot have it both ways.

As for the land masses appearing to "fit". I hardly believe your one example of South America and Africa almost fitting with significant manipulation is concrete enough. You are playing with a jigsaw puzzle.

Using your same "evidence" I find the fossil record supports dinosaurs migrating to the different continents over the ocean.

You are simply stating that your theory is the only explanation for the evidence. I, and many others, disagree.

Your definition of science is flawed.
Yes, but you are also disregarding other evidence. Cherry-picking, the reason why I'm even talking to you in the first place.
I'm not saying it's the only explanation for the evidence, I'm saying it explains all of the evidence without leaving stuff out.

Also, we could extrapolate that they could have built planes or spaceships according to you. Where is the evidence for them building boats, though? You're extrapolating without all the evidence, meanwhile we won't cherry-pick.

And what data and I ignoring?

You stated, "I'm not saying it's the only explanation for the evidence". Then I would invite you to keep an open mind and objectively review the evidence.

I am not the fan of extrapolation, you are.

« Reply #453 on: December 10, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »
No

Way to address none of the post there doc!

Have you ever attempted to hang a clock in the batroom, but slip on the toilet seat, fall, hit your head and wake up with this image stuck in your mind?

"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

« Reply #454 on: December 10, 2009, 09:54:15 AM »
No

Way to address none of the post there doc!

Have you ever attempted to hang a clock in the batroom, but slip on the toilet seat, fall, hit your head and wake up with this image stuck in your mind?

I simply answered your question. What is a "batroom"? I do not understand the picture you provided. Would you please stay on topic?

« Reply #455 on: December 10, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »
I simply answered your question. What is a "batroom"? I do not understand the picture you provided. Would you please stay on topic?

Sorry, doctor Spelling. I meant bathroom.  Maybe one day you will see the potential of the item in the picture.

For S's and G's we'll go around again then.

3) See 2) above.
4) Is is common knowledge that dinosaur fossils are highly concentrated in sub-oceanic waters.
5)

5) Your image is of a coot.  The coot's nest is anchored to a foundation which touches the ground.  It would not sail an ocean.
6) Ca-Caw
7) See 4 and below.

See above picture.

You and your "alts" are the only ones stating that dinosaurs used galleons and sailed the oceans. That is ridiculous.

In what way is the belief that dinosaurs used galleons and sailed the oceans ridiculous? How would you describe someone who would proclaim that dinosaurs used any type of sophisticated ship and sailed the oceans?  What would your opinion of their logic be?

TD's post just reminded me.  Why does a German speaking doctor have a Spanish speaking interpreter?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:29:09 AM by Its a Sphere »

« Reply #456 on: December 10, 2009, 11:14:32 AM »
What you know as "James theory" here has been discussed for decades as the "Transoceanic Migration Theory".

No it hasn't.

"No you weren't" - this is an excellent response. Keep up the good work LiceFarm [interpreters note - he is being sarcastic.]

I quoted you in the reply. You weren't talking about flat earth but dinosaurs.

Also, given that you're just a weak alt do you think you could quit the "Interpreters note" thing?

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #457 on: December 10, 2009, 11:22:40 AM »
I do think it a little odd that a German can spell English words like "denigrate" yet is unable to spell the word "thankyou" in his own language.
[interpreter's note - I'm not being sarcastic]
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2009, 11:48:53 AM »

Sorry, doctor Spelling. I meant bathroom.  Maybe one day you will see the potential of the item in the picture.

For S's and G's we'll go around again then.

3) See 2) above.
5)

5) Your image is of a coot.  The coot's nest is anchored to a foundation which touches the ground.  It would not sail an ocean.
6) Ca-Caw
7) See 4 and below.

See above picture.

In what way is the belief that dinosaurs used galleons and sailed the oceans ridiculous? How would you describe someone who would proclaim that dinosaurs used any type of sophisticated ship and sailed the oceans?  What would your opinion of their logic be?

TD's post just reminded me.  Why does a German speaking doctor have a Spanish speaking interpreter?

This was already addressed in a previous post. Please stay on topic.

« Reply #459 on: December 10, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »
What you know as "James theory" here has been discussed for decades as the "Transoceanic Migration Theory".

No it hasn't.

"No you weren't" - this is an excellent response. Keep up the good work LiceFarm [interpreters note - he is being sarcastic.]

I quoted you in the reply. You weren't talking about flat earth but dinosaurs.

Also, given that you're just a weak alt do you think you could quit the "Interpreters note" thing?

Please stay on topic.

« Reply #460 on: December 10, 2009, 11:50:32 AM »
I do think it a little odd that a German can spell English words like "denigrate" yet is unable to spell the word "thankyou" in his own language.
[interpreter's note - I'm not being sarcastic]

How does this further your "science"?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #461 on: December 10, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
Or, it is James.  I asked a mod if the IP address matched the location of Argentina given, but got stonewalled- as I expected though.

Yeah, massive surprise that I refuse to give out private, confidential information to anyone who cares to ask. ::)
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #462 on: December 10, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »
Or, it is James.  I asked a mod if the IP address matched the location of Argentina given, but got stonewalled- as I expected though.

Yeah, massive surprise that I refuse to give out private, confidential information to anyone who cares to ask. ::)

No suprise was noted, thus the as I expected.

« Reply #463 on: December 10, 2009, 12:27:45 PM »

No suprise was noted, thus the as I expected.

RE'r strategy:

1) Present illogical facts
2) when those fail, bombard the FE'r with dozens of posts stating his theory is ridiculous
3) when that fails, resort to name-calling. Unless you are the "alt" LiceFarm then simply say "no, you are"

Now that this thread has officially been derailed may we discuss this matter intelligently? Do so in Spanish, Hindi, or German if you wish me to respond personally. English if you wish to include others in the discussion.

« Reply #464 on: December 10, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »
2) when those fail, bombard the FE'r with dozens of posts stating his theory is ridiculous
3) when that fails, resort to name-calling. Unless you are the "alt" LiceFarm then simply say "no, you are"

Now that this thread has officially been derailed may we discuss this matter intelligently? Do so in Spanish, Hindi, or German if you wish me to respond personally. English if you wish to include others in the discussion.

Half of the posts on this page are your's

Try responding with something with more content than no, which does not count as addressing a post. (click below to connect)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 12:53:13 PM by Its a Sphere »

?

trig

« Reply #465 on: December 10, 2009, 12:50:25 PM »
Radioactive dating is absolutely invalid. The decay rates used as the basis for this testing uses the same logic of extrapolation as you use to validate your continental movement for three billion years.  It seems faulty extrapolation is the key to your continental drift theory.
And your arguments to say it is invalid are... what, exactly? That you do not like it?

Your argument is, in essence, that scientists are idiots that extrapolate anything they have in front of them and declare that the extrapolation is science. Your arrogance only demeans yourself, because it shows that you do not even read the articles that you criticize. I have news for you, Adolf: you are less intelligent than the people you are considering beneath you, and all those Doctors and Professors in Geology have actually understood the scientific method, something you still have not shown to have bothered to do.

Every research paper that you are criticizing refers to or describes a model of the Earth and its internal dynamics, makes predictions based on that model and compares the predictions with actual results. That comparison is the basis for the conclusions.

If you want to declare invalid a research paper you have to show that the data is invalid or that the conclusions are not supported by the data. Saying "it is absolutely invalid" is not part of the scientific method.

Which of the papers about the drilling of strata near the hotspots are you declaring invalid? Have you even read a single paper about the research on continental drift? Or have you just said "it smells like extrapolation" and never read a word?

?

trig

« Reply #466 on: December 10, 2009, 01:00:49 PM »

I am fully aware of the arguments and "evidence" for continental dancing (or drift as you call it). It is amusing when I hear "if you just move South America closer to Africa and twist it this way then move the bottom closer to Africa and tilt the continent a little more on the Northern side..." this is not science.

Where is the study that you read that declares the similarity of the coasts of America and Africa as the only reason to believe in the continental drift? I sure want to read it and I myself will help you expose him as a bum if he is a professional geologist.

If you had read anything about what you criticize you would have seen that this similarity in shapes of the coasts is only a small and not very important piece of evidence from a much larger body of evidence.

Of course, you did not invent the argument so you could have something easy enough to criticize, or did you? Do you have the study that shows this as the only evidence?

« Reply #467 on: December 10, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
Radioactive dating is absolutely invalid. The decay rates used as the basis for this testing uses the same logic of extrapolation as you use to validate your continental movement for three billion years.  It seems faulty extrapolation is the key to your continental drift theory.
And your arguments to say it is invalid are... what, exactly? That you do not like it?

Your argument is, in essence, that scientists are idiots that extrapolate anything they have in front of them and declare that the extrapolation is science. Your arrogance only demeans yourself, because it shows that you do not even read the articles that you criticize. I have news for you, Adolf: you are less intelligent than the people you are considering beneath you, and all those Doctors and Professors in Geology have actually understood the scientific method, something you still have not shown to have bothered to do.

Every research paper that you are criticizing refers to or describes a model of the Earth and its internal dynamics, makes predictions based on that model and compares the predictions with actual results. That comparison is the basis for the conclusions.

If you want to declare invalid a research paper you have to show that the data is invalid or that the conclusions are not supported by the data. Saying "it is absolutely invalid" is not part of the scientific method.

Which of the papers about the drilling of strata near the hotspots are you declaring invalid? Have you even read a single paper about the research on continental drift? Or have you just said "it smells like extrapolation" and never read a word?

Trig, you seem to be the fairest of the RE'rs in this forum. Thank you for your professionalism. I offer you the following:

An invalid argument is one that lacks evidence. I accept many theories that I do not personally favor because the evidence supports them.
My argument regarding the extrapolation of data exists only when the known data is less than 1/100,000,000,000,000 of the frame to which it is applied. I do not believe this is science. You think I am arrogant because of the fallacies in your logic? I have stated the fallacies yet you continue to accept them blindly as truth and use them to support your theory. I do know that calling me ?stupid? because I disagree with the conclusion of your data is not scientific.
I am very familiar with the regurgitation of articles and the same data being parsed in different ways. It has been the same for the last twenty five to thirty years. I know these theories and the data well.
I would like to address your points individually:
Hypothesis ?
Dinosaur fossils exist world-wide because the Earth was once a ?Pangea?
Observation ?
1) there are similar fossils located around the world.
2) South America and Africa seem to fit together.
3) Geological stratum in these ?matching? areas are similar. 
4) the polarity of the stratum indicates a precise match.
5) We can measure the movement of the continents.
6) Isotope decay proves the continental drift theory.
Conclusion ? the Earth was once a ?Pangea?
Consider the following:
1)   I agree with this.
2)   I disagree that they ?fit together?. A close review of the perceived connection demonstrates that this ?fit? is not possible. The northern portion of the continent does not fit in a manner consistent with the remainder of the continent. When you ?zoom out? to a higher level the tessellation seems more acceptable but then you must account for the twisting and tilting that has to occur for the ?fit? to take place. It is not acceptable, in my mind, to play with the continents like a jigsaw puzzle.
3)    I agree that geological stratum are consistent in some of these ?matched? areas of the world. How do you explain the consistency of geological stratum in places that do not ?match?? Also, how do you explain the lack of consistency in places where the stratum should ?match?? All areas that should ?match? must be consistent for your theory to be correct. This is not the case.
4)   This observation is true in many instances but false in others. The same issues discussed in 3) apply here as well.
5)   No, you extrapolated less than one hundred years of movement to a period in excess of three billion years.
6)   The decay tables used as a basis for the aging process use similar extrapolation methods where one short time period of decay is applied to a substantially longer time period.
In actuality your only evidence is that the same dinosaur fossils are located around the world. This can be used to prove that their migration occurred in a different manner. I think this is fair.

« Reply #468 on: December 10, 2009, 01:38:56 PM »

Half of the posts on this page are your's

Try responding with something with more content than no, which does not count as addressing a post. (click below to connect)

When you are ready to have a mature conversation I am willing.

« Reply #469 on: December 10, 2009, 02:40:58 PM »

[/quote]

I have been trying to do just that.
To save room I only copied the link, it is located here.

I would have thought that a doctor would have used scientific notation and included references and citations for his claims in his replies to trig.

« Reply #470 on: December 10, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »

I would have thought that a doctor would have used scientific notation and included references and citations for his claims in his replies to trig.
[/quote]

Your picture of a shark about to eat a bird is irrelevant. Your parroting is irrelevant. When you are ready to have a mature discussion, let us do that. [interpreters note - the Doctor is growing impatient with you. He says you should re-post your valid questions without your ignorant rambling. I think it is funny though. Good job.]

« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »

Your picture of a shark about to eat a bird is irrelevant. Your parroting is irrelevant. When you are ready to have a mature discussion, let us do that. [interpreters note - the Doctor is growing impatient with you. He says you should re-post your valid questions without your ignorant rambling. I think it is funny though. Good job.]
[/quote]

As birds are descended from dinosaurs it addresses your baseless claims of both dinosaur meat not being eaten and fish not eating dinosaurs.

« Reply #472 on: December 10, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »

You stated, "I'm not saying it's the only explanation for the evidence". Then I would invite you to keep an open mind and objectively review the evidence.

Continental Movements.

Yes, that's why I have another sentence to explain everything I mean. Please quit cherry-picking.

See, but here's the thing, where is the proof of these boats? You've stated that fossil record is what proves that dinosaurs migrated across the ocean (At least I think that was you), but there are no boats. Wouldn't you say that's extrapolating?
My site.

« Reply #473 on: December 10, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »

As birds are descended from dinosaurs it addresses your baseless claims of both dinosaur meat not being eaten and fish not eating dinosaurs.
[/quote]

There are significant differences between the birds of today and the Maniraptora of old. You comparison is baseless.

« Reply #474 on: December 10, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »

Continental Movements.

Yes, that's why I have another sentence to explain everything I mean. Please quit cherry-picking.

See, but here's the thing, where is the proof of these boats? You've stated that fossil record is what proves that dinosaurs migrated across the ocean (At least I think that was you), but there are no boats. Wouldn't you say that's extrapolating?

I have already discussed the evidence of these boats, please read  my previous posts. Redundancy is not productive discussion.

« Reply #475 on: December 10, 2009, 03:33:31 PM »

Continental Movements.

I have already discussed the evidence of these boats, please read  my previous posts. Redundancy is not productive discussion.
If I am unclear about something you've stated, usually giving a brief run-down is productive, especially if I'm not the only one who is confused.
My site.

« Reply #476 on: December 10, 2009, 03:34:39 PM »

Continental Movements.

If I am unclear about something you've stated, usually giving a brief run-down is productive, especially if I'm not the only one who is confused.

I think my previous posts would be valuable to you then.

« Reply #477 on: December 10, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »
There are significant differences between the birds of today and the Maniraptora of old. You comparison is baseless.
You gave me a baseless comparison earlier and tried to use that as an argument. Is it only okay when you do it?
My site.

« Reply #478 on: December 10, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »

Like the differences between ants and dinosaurs or elephants and dinosaurs which you so eagerly grasped on to earlier?  Again nice job dodging the rest of the points and continuing to not post any supporting data.

I have grown bored with your consistent deflection of points, you provide no new material, no references to anything you claim and have yet to add one piece of credible evidence, such as accounting for the sea travel.  One picture you do post is that of a bird whose nest is anchored to the bed below the water it is in, way to not research that one.
Carry on with your doctor act.  
At least Bishop will debate.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 03:40:30 PM by Its a Sphere »

« Reply #479 on: December 10, 2009, 05:56:54 PM »

Continental Movements.

I think my previous posts would be valuable to you then.
From what I've read, you've said fossils of dinosaurs found on the ocean floor is your proof, right?
My site.