James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #360 on: December 08, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
"I don't have a video of plate moving" current post.

[interpreters note - he will not respond but has instructed me to provide the following]

From your previous post "we have phsicaly seen the movements of tectonic plates"

[interpreters note - he also said you misspelled physically. You have lost all credibility with him. You should not have lied about the video.]
I understand that he may not have worded his argument perfectly, but he never said there was a video.

I also understand that we cannot prove to you that tectonic plates move unless we somehow strap you to a chair at a fault line with a couple of markers either side and some sort of way to show their distance, and leave you there for a year until you can see the difference (probably around 1-5 cm). I know you would probably never agree to this  ;D

So no, we can't prove it to you, with your irrationally high standards of evidence which seem to be "It does not happen if I don't see it directly before me".

I wish to clarify something. I do believe tectonic plates move. I just do not believe they walk across the Earth, twisting and turning. I believe the Earth "settles" much like the concrete foundation of a house.

Let me ask you this. You have data that measures movement of continental plates. This data covers a period of less than 100 years. Is it logical to extrapolate that movement to a period in excess of three billion years? Is it possible that you are only seeing one aspect of the Earth settling? You cannot know this with the data currently available. I think the standard of evidence I have set is quite reasonable. Perhaps your standard is too low.

« Reply #361 on: December 08, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »

1) The objection, speculation was in reference to your baseless speculation on the dinosaurs "devouring their fallen comrades", whilst your attempt at the same is to discredit a theory which has supporting evidence.  I sincerely hope you are not trying to equate the two.

We have discussed this before. Redundant.

2) I don't understand your comment of "redundant-see previous responses".  What exactly is redundant about my objection?  There is clearly no evidence to prove a mercantile, ship-building, high seas sailing, farmer society of dinosaurs.

See above comment. Some bird species build vessels that float yet you do not assign them a market place, tool using, sailing, agrarian society. Why do you propose this is true for dinosaurs?

...It seems far more likely that an egg or a nest floated across an ocean than your hypothesis. At least the fossil record supports our claim. Nice try...  

is a combination of James, Wilmore and John Davis.
[/quote]

So says you... My ideas are rooted in facts and evidence, not the opinions of others. I noticed you said they were a combination of ..... but you failed to quote any of them. You cannot argue with facts.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #362 on: December 08, 2009, 02:33:39 PM »
This data covers a period of less than 100 years. Is it logical to extrapolate that movement to a period in excess of three billion years?
That's a reasonable point, actually. But continental drift is our only rational way of explaining how certain parts of the evolutionary tree split at certain points in history, with some animals being isolated from their ancestors in Australia for example. Its also our only way to explain the extremely similar geology of coasts which would have been connected if our backward extrapolation of continental drift is correct.

I'm happy to believe in this theory until a better one arises. As far as I am concerned, continental drift is fact. Maybe my standards are too low, but then if most of the geological community has standards this low it doesn't affect me much.

« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »

Well yes, of course it's tilted and twisted - that's continental drift - it moves continents. They all shift about. How am I supposed to show you an approximation of what the continents would have looked like before drifting without manipulating the picture? I never questioned your intelligence before, merely your absence of geology knowledge, but if you can't see why I had to manipulate a picture to make that image, you are lacking in intelligence. I notice you don't refute the astonishingly close fit of the coastlines.

So it is acceptable for you to manipulate a picture and call it evidence. Interesting science. I will use this as an object lesson.

To all:

Be it known that RE'rs favor the manipulation of evidence to support their theory.

How can anyone take you seriously from this point forward. You have failed as a scientist.

« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »
This data covers a period of less than 100 years. Is it logical to extrapolate that movement to a period in excess of three billion years?
But continental drift is our only rational way of explaining how certain parts of the evolutionary tree split at certain points in history

To all:

It has been stated here that RE'rs have accepted the theory of "continental drift" because it supports their assumption of evolution.

This does not appear to be science, it appears to be a religion.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »

Well yes, of course it's tilted and twisted - that's continental drift - it moves continents. They all shift about. How am I supposed to show you an approximation of what the continents would have looked like before drifting without manipulating the picture? I never questioned your intelligence before, merely your absence of geology knowledge, but if you can't see why I had to manipulate a picture to make that image, you are lacking in intelligence. I notice you don't refute the astonishingly close fit of the coastlines.

So it is acceptable for you to manipulate a picture and call it evidence. Interesting science. I will use this as an object lesson.

To all:

Be it known that RE'rs favor the manipulation of evidence to support their theory.

How can anyone take you seriously from this point forward. You have failed as a scientist.

Now hold on, that is a little bit unreasonable. This should be a fair discussion, why are you putting words in his mouth and insulting him for trying to illustrate a point to you? All he was doing was showing that the coasts of south america and africa tessellate well, with just rotation and translation. He did not edit the coastline at all.

To me, (and probably to many who read your posts) it just looks like you are clutching at straws, nitpicking at whatever you can just to try and gain some ground in the debate. It isn't working.

« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »
But continental drift is our only rational way of explaining how certain parts of the evolutionary tree split at certain points in history

To all:

It has been stated here that RE'rs have accepted the theory of "continental drift" because it supports their assumption of evolution.

To Robert64 and Thermal Detonator: checkmate to your "theories" I will be visiting another thread now. I consider this matter closed.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2009, 02:40:21 PM »

To all:

Are you not aware of what science is? Trying to create accurate models of the way the universe works based on evidence and experimentation. I'm not sure where "religion" came from. And shall we argue about evolution now?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:42:01 PM by Robert64 »

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #368 on: December 08, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »

To all:

To Robert64 and Thermal Detonator: checkmate to your "theories" I will be visiting another thread now. I consider this matter closed.
Thank you for admitting that you have exhausted your arguments, and admit defeat. Unless you want to continue the discussion.. Then yes, the matter is closed.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #369 on: December 08, 2009, 02:49:42 PM »

To all:

I can't believe he's so stupid. Dummkopf.
Don't let his ignorance affect you, he is just trying to defend his "reputation". Although what really does bother me is no one realises that if they just admit they are wrong, they gain a darn sight more respect than they do from being childish and saying things like "I am done arguing with you incompetent fools etc etc".

Just rise above it.

« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2009, 03:06:26 PM »

To all:

I can't believe he's so stupid. Dummkopf.
Don't let his ignorance affect you, he is just trying to defend his "reputation". Although what really does bother me is no one realises that if they just admit they are wrong, they gain a darn sight more respect than they do from being childish and saying things like "I am done arguing with you incompetent fools etc etc".

Just rise above it.

Gentlemen or ladies,

You both admitted to manipulating evidence to support your theories and I am the bad person? Then you resort to name calling? I think any objective person reading this thread would see that I am the only FE'r here taking your abuse. Your attempts to "gang-up" on me and ridicule me is far from science.

I will remain but please refrain from your abuse and hatred. It does nothing to support your views.

« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2009, 03:33:38 PM »

You state that the world is flat as fact. It is not. You claim to be good at evaluating data. EVALUATE THIS, BITCH:

1. Go outside.
2. Look at the horizon.
3. On a clear day, the only thing your sight is limited by is the horizon.
4. There are two possible explanations;
      - The world stops at that point, thus meaning there is nothing beyond the horizon. You yourself said your family originates from Germany, that would not be possible if the world                          just "stopped" at the horizon.
      - The earth is round, and 100% of all sane people are correct. I'm not stating you are insane here (although it is highly likely) but merely that the amount of delinquents on this forum in comparison to the rest of the world is not worth noting.

Now this is scientific.

"Evaluate this BITCH" my interpreter tells me this is an obscenity. How very professional of you. He tells me it refers to a female dog. Really? How does my data evaluation techniques relate to a female dog. I will dismiss this as ignorance on your part.

In your own words - "100% of all sane people are correct." Really? Then why are there disagreements? Who decides who is insane? You? This is a ridiculous statement which only embarrasses you.

"There are two possible explanations"

I would like to invite you to consider a third explanation:
 - the world extends beyond your line of sight but it is flat.

"You yourself said your family originates from Germany, that would not be possible if the world just "stopped" at the horizon." - It would be possible if the world were flat and extended beyond your sight. Obviously you have never heard of preparing for a discussion. There are many resources on this web site to assist you in doing so.

"I'm not stating you are insane here (although it is highly likely) but merely that the amount of delinquents on this forum in comparison to the rest of the world is not worth noting."

I have presented my arguments based on facts rooted in evidence. Your response was simply - "You are stupid." Well put Tim Priest, well put indeed. If this is your method of rebuttal then I suggest you return to the ladies study area.

Now I see where Robert64's anger comes from. Birds of a feather flock together, is that how you say it Robert64?

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2009, 03:48:49 PM »
Overall you have come across as rather obnoxious adolf, and your manner of speaking irritated me, I must admit. I realize it may have just been because english is not your first language, in which case I apologise (I praise your ability to speak so fluently - I am only fluent in english and english alone).

But the main thing that I take exception to is you calling us unscientific, by imagining that just by trying to illustrate a point we are manipulating evidence.

This is exactly analogous to your claim: I have two jigsaw puzzles separated from eachother on a surface. I make the supposition "These two pieces will fit together", so I pick one up, rotate it slightly and slot it cleanly onto the tooth of the other piece. At this point you cry, "Cheat! You rotated that jigsaw piece, just to make it fit! I could get any old piece, cut off the corners, add on bits of card and make it fit anywhere."

Do you see my problem?

« Reply #373 on: December 08, 2009, 03:50:57 PM »
You both admitted to manipulating evidence to support your theories and I am the bad person?

No one admitted such a thing. You just pretended it happened.

Now read this:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19225780.041-continental-drift-the-final-proof.html

and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_drift#Evidence_basis_for_continental_drift

Then you resort to name calling?

You resorted to name calling long ago. Don't think it went unnoticed.

You cannot provide one instance where I resorted to name-calling. This is absolutely false.

Their admission of manipulation of data is in their writing so I will let the readers decide who is correct.

I have read your articles and surprise [interpreters note - he is being sarcastic], they stated what your scientific community has always said. [interpreters note - he is becoming increasingly angered by repeating this] We can measure the movement of continents. I will repeat again, I never said the continents did not move. I refer you to my previous posts.

Also, see my remarks on the extrapolation of the measurement data.

« Reply #374 on: December 08, 2009, 04:03:24 PM »
Overall you have come across as rather obnoxious adolf, and your manner of speaking irritated me, I must admit. I realize it may have just been because english is not your first language, in which case I apologise (I praise your ability to speak so fluently - I am only fluent in english and english alone).

But the main thing that I take exception to is you calling us unscientific, by imagining that just by trying to illustrate a point we are manipulating evidence.

This is exactly analogous to your claim: I have two jigsaw puzzles separated from eachother on a surface. I make the supposition "These two pieces will fit together", so I pick one up, rotate it slightly and slot it cleanly onto the tooth of the other piece. At this point you cry, "Cheat! You rotated that jigsaw piece, just to make it fit! I could get any old piece, cut off the corners, add on bits of card and make it fit anywhere."

Do you see my problem?

Robert64, I have had a brief discussion with my interpreter and we are trying to come up with a better way to express our thoughts. In no way do I wish to convey a spirit of irritability. I will state that I believe it is not scientific to assume an action to support a theory. Your example of the jigsaw puzzle is relevant to a point. However, I have only been pointed to only one possible "match" being South America and Africa and I see, while close, it does not fit in a consistent manner. When you review the maps more closely, the they do not fit at all. I am aware of the other potential "matches" and do not agree they match at all. You have (as someone previously stated about my discussion) "cherry-picked" one instance and use it to claim proof that they were in fact together. [interpreters note - Dr. Einholm is an arrogant, pompous ass. Please do not include this in your responses].

« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »
You cannot provide one instance where I resorted to name-calling. This is absolutely false.

Orly?

To "Lice Farm"...

I will repeat again, I never said the continents did not move.

So it's possible dinosaurs fossils got where they are by continental drift and not by dino galleons?

Cool.

/thread.

« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »
However, I have only been pointed to only one possible "match" being South America and Africa and I see, while close, it does not fit in a consistent manner. When you review the maps more closely, the they do not fit at all. I am aware of the other potential "matches" and do not agree they match at all. You have (as someone previously stated about my discussion) "cherry-picked" one instance and use it to claim proof that they were in fact together.

Observe how well South America and Africa fit together - with a little tilt one way or the other the coastlines can slot together almost perfectly. That they don't fit exactly now is down to millions of years of erosion and compression/expansion of the landmasses. You think this is coincidence?

Thermal Detonator gave a reason as to why South America and Africa don't fit perfectly now, and you seemed to skip over that. Cherry-picking arguments brought up?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:04:10 PM by JBJosh »
Poor grammar is the internet equivalent of body odor.
My site.

« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2009, 04:35:28 PM »

1) The objection, speculation was in reference to your baseless speculation on the dinosaurs "devouring their fallen comrades", whilst your attempt at the same is to discredit a theory which has supporting evidence.  I sincerely hope you are not trying to equate the two.

We have discussed this before. Redundant.

2) I don't understand your comment of "redundant-see previous responses".  What exactly is redundant about my objection?  There is clearly no evidence to prove a mercantile, ship-building, high seas sailing, farmer society of dinosaurs.

See above comment. Some bird species build vessels that float yet you do not assign them a market place, tool using, sailing, agrarian society. Why do you propose this is true for dinosaurs?

...It seems far more likely that an egg or a nest floated across an ocean than your hypothesis. At least the fossil record supports our claim. Nice try...  

is a combination of James, Wilmore and John Davis.

So says you... My ideas are rooted in facts and evidence, not the opinions of others. I noticed you said they were a combination of ..... but you failed to quote any of them. You cannot argue with facts.
[/quote]

1)You provide something without backing as support for your view and you deem my criticism redundant somehow?
2)Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the proposal under consideration, that you somehow missed.  
Secondly, how many of those birds use the nests for oceanic travel?
3)I refuse to search the senseless dribble.

You keep stating your ideas are rooted in fact, though you have yet to provide them, nor your various publications, accolades and credentials in the professional community.  Keep beefing up your stance like that and Tom Bishop may let you into his college.

Stop accusing TD of "manipulating data", he was illustrating the alignment of Africa and SA, which would be difficult to do without moving them from their current position.

On the plus side you have the zetetic method nailed perfectly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:48:54 PM by Its a Sphere »
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #378 on: December 08, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
Thankyou for your support, IAS. If Adolf is too dimwitted to understand that the only way to show how Africa and South America would fit together is to cut and paste them next to each other, that tells me all I need to know about him, however hard he tries to hide behind his language excuse. I don't give a ha'penny jizz what he thinks.

Also Adolf - why are you still here? I thought you were done with this thread. Shoo.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

trig

« Reply #379 on: December 09, 2009, 04:59:35 AM »
I also think it arrogant to state we have dis-proven top scientists of the 1400's. Perhaps it is they who have found the truth. Until there is unbiased, independently verifiable evidence it is a theory.
This is either hilarious or incredibly sad: an evolutionary scientist who has published his works and has assistants does not know the Scientific Method that is taught to children like my 8 year old second grader.

For your information, the truth and proofs are the realm of philosophers and mathematicians, not scientists. The end product of modern science is the theory and that is why Einstein's models are called theories, not laws. The phrase "it is just a theory" only comes from non-scientists that never cared to learn what "theory" means in science.

Every scientific theory is only right within a given range of conditions and a given margin of error. We can find that theories and hypothesis are wrong, but in most cases we just find overwhelming evidence that another theory is better. But we can find hypothesis that are simply wrong, like the one that attributed cholera and typhus to bad smells, and fifteenth century scientists had a lot of hypothesis that were completely wrong.

If you really are a scientist, do yourself a favor and learn the scientific method.

And if you really are an Evolutionary scientist, you must have a lot of bibliography that supports your views, not just Wikipedia. For a man that does not even quote the bibliography mentioned in Wikipedia (just the Wikipedia articles), you sure make a lot of claims about your scientific credentials.

You probably also believe in a "magical" force that causes us all to be pulled towards the core of the Earth. Now who is naive?
As if you hadn't shown your illiteracy in science already, you give us another example of your poor understanding of the subject. Whether "magical" or not, every force of nature is a force exerted from a distance, towards or away from the center of something. Science is not concerned with your interpretation of "magical", it is concerned with models and theories. Do you have a theory supported by a model and the corresponding evidence, about dinosaurs, gravitation or any other subject, or are you just mad at scientists in general?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #380 on: December 09, 2009, 05:21:23 AM »
Thankyou for your support, IAS. If Adolf is too dimwitted to understand that the only way to show how Africa and South America would fit together is to cut and paste them next to each other, that tells me all I need to know about him, however hard he tries to hide behind his language excuse. I don't give a ha'penny jizz what he thinks.

Also Adolf - why are you still here? I thought you were done with this thread. Shoo.

I've always thought east Asia and western Europe would slot together quite nicely, and that Australia would slot sideways into the west coast of America or upside down into the bottom of Africa without too much fuss. Greenland would probably fit into the west coast of America too.

Conclusion: playing jigsaw with the Earth proves nothing.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #381 on: December 09, 2009, 05:40:29 AM »

I've always thought east Asia and western Europe would slot together quite nicely, and that Australia would slot sideways into the west coast of America or upside down into the bottom of Africa without too much fuss. Greenland would probably fit into the west coast of America too.

Conclusion: portraying one piece of of a larger body of evidence as the entirety of the evidence by mistakenly trying to show its fallacy in instances where it would be the sole piece of evidence proves nothing.
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

?

trig

« Reply #382 on: December 09, 2009, 06:34:52 AM »

One piece of evidence, by itself, does not mean much. But the added evidence from these 40 or so years since the idea of continental drift appeared has to be seen in concert, and the scientific consensus on the existence of continental drift and the displacement of continents through thousands of kilometers is overwhelming.

You can also interpret the appearance of one species of dinosaur on two continents as evidence of an intelligent migrating being and its livestock, whether that intelligent being is a dinosaur, Atlantian, extraterrestrial, time traveler or whatever your imagination can come up with.

But the accumulated evidence of fossils and geological strata, seen as a whole, supports the theory of continental drift and the evolution of dinosaurs and other animals in every continent as scientists claim.

A small and incomplete list of the evidence found follows:
  • The borders of the tectonic plates are where the CD theory predicts, and the seismic, volcanic and mountain creation places confirm it.
  • The geological strata found near the Atlantic Rift confirms that the continental drift has occurred for many millions of years.
  • The coincidences in rocks found in different continents is not just a coincidence of individual rocks, but of whole sections of geological strata. While a few rocks could be coincidentally created with the same composition in two far away locations, the whole strata cannot.
  • The fossil record shows how populations of many species are separated by new geographic barriers and evolve in different ways, eventually becoming separate species. This is an ongoing process that has been extensively documented and explains how similar, but almost always different species of dinosaurs are found in every continent.
  • Analysis of the size of the brains of different animals has been, in general, a very good predictor of the intelligence of different living animals, so it is very reasonable to use it for dinosaurs, and according to this there have been no dinosaurs of an intelligence comparable to ours. More important, there have been no dinosaurs that lived through all the Mesozoic and were intelligent enough to make boats and carry livestock. Maybe one species that has been found had the potential to eventually become the intelligent dinosaur of James' speculation, but it only lived at the very end of the Cretaceous, not all through the Mesozoic. And it had the potential, not the demonstrated ability, to someday become James' creature.
  • There has not been one single finding of any objects made by intelligent beings apart from human beings in the whole history of paleontology. Not even one stone carved to be used as a tool, or to be used as housing, or anything else. Even dinosaur excrement has been found but no intelligently made things. If you are going to attribute the migration of all the dinosaurs, flora and fauna to them, you could reasonably expect them to have done some tools, at least.
  • The only alternate "theory" is yours, and you yourself (the four or so in this forum) start from the idea that continental drift is a myth, so the scientific validity of your speculation is nipped at the bud already.

« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »

Orly?

To "Lice Farm"...

I will repeat again, I never said the continents did not move.

So it's possible dinosaurs fossils got where they are by continental drift and not by dino galleons?

Cool.

/thread.

You failed to finish reading my post.

« Reply #384 on: December 09, 2009, 08:15:48 AM »

Do you all find it amusing to gang up on the FE'rs? Does this further validate your "science"

« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »
If you really are a scientist, do yourself a favor and learn the scientific method.

The scientific method is based on observation and repeatable results. Your "science" takes measurements of less than 100 years and extrapolates it to a period exceeding three billion years. Is this science?

« Reply #386 on: December 09, 2009, 08:30:31 AM »
A small and incomplete list of the evidence found follows:
    1)
    • The borders of the tectonic plates are where the CD theory predicts, and the seismic, volcanic and mountain creation places confirm it.
    2)
    • The geological strata found near the Atlantic Rift confirms that the continental drift has occurred for many millions of years.
    3)
    • The coincidences in rocks found in different continents is not just a coincidence of individual rocks, but of whole sections of geological strata. While a few rocks could be coincidentally created with the same composition in two far away locations, the whole strata cannot.
    4)
    • The fossil record shows how populations of many species are separated by new geographic barriers and evolve in different ways, eventually becoming separate species. This is an ongoing process that has been extensively documented and explains how similar, but almost always different species of dinosaurs are found in every continent.
    5)
    • Analysis of the size of the brains of different animals has been, in general, a very good predictor of the intelligence of different living animals, so it is very reasonable to use it for dinosaurs, and according to this there have been no dinosaurs of an intelligence comparable to ours. More important, there have been no dinosaurs that lived through all the Mesozoic and were intelligent enough to make boats and carry livestock. Maybe one species that has been found had the potential to eventually become the intelligent dinosaur of James' speculation, but it only lived at the very end of the Cretaceous, not all through the Mesozoic. And it had the potential, not the demonstrated ability, to someday become James' creature.
    6)
    • There has not been one single finding of any objects made by intelligent beings apart from human beings in the whole history of paleontology. Not even one stone carved to be used as a tool, or to be used as housing, or anything else. Even dinosaur excrement has been found but no intelligently made things. If you are going to attribute the migration of all the dinosaurs, flora and fauna to them, you could reasonably expect them to have done some tools, at least.
    7)
    • The only alternate "theory" is yours, and you yourself (the four or so in this forum) start from the idea that continental drift is a myth, so the scientific validity of your speculation is nipped at the bud already.
1) Activity along the plates does not confirm drifting.
2) Says who?
3) The evidence suggests otherwise. What about the strata in Iceland being almost identical to strata located in Australia?
4) I assume you observed this? [interpreters note - he is being sarcastic] There are many other theories that use the same evidence you use but reach different conclusions.
5) It is not the size that matters, but how you use it.
6) Why would you expect this?
7) The myth of continental drift is widely discredited by objective scientists around the world. Just because you cannot see them does not mean they do not exist. If you think there are only four of us, you are sadly mistaken.

I am noticing a pattern here.
1) gang up on the FE'rs
2) present one or two pieces of "evidence"
3) evidence is either based on a false conclusion, preconception or manipulation (admittedly)
4) resort to name-calling
5) repeat beginning at step 2.

Perhaps calling me names will further your "science"

« Reply #387 on: December 09, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »
However, I have only been pointed to only one possible "match" being South America and Africa and I see, while close, it does not fit in a consistent manner. When you review the maps more closely, the they do not fit at all. I am aware of the other potential "matches" and do not agree they match at all. You have (as someone previously stated about my discussion) "cherry-picked" one instance and use it to claim proof that they were in fact together.

Observe how well South America and Africa fit together - with a little tilt one way or the other the coastlines can slot together almost perfectly. That they don't fit exactly now is down to millions of years of erosion and compression/expansion of the landmasses. You think this is coincidence?

Thermal Detonator gave a reason as to why South America and Africa don't fit perfectly now, and you seemed to skip over that. Cherry-picking arguments brought up?

By manipulating the picture, I can make Australia appear to fit nicely in the Gulf of Mexico. This is not science.

« Reply #388 on: December 09, 2009, 08:48:13 AM »

By manipulating the picture, I can make Australia appear to fit nicely in the Gulf of Mexico. This is not science.
I don't think the act of messing with the picture was claimed to be science, so no argument there. I don't know why you keep bringing that up.
Also, TD stated clearly what he did with the image to give an idea of what may have happened. Again, I don't think he claimed the action of manipulating a picture to be science.
Poor grammar is the internet equivalent of body odor.
My site.

« Reply #389 on: December 09, 2009, 08:55:22 AM »

I don't think the act of messing with the picture was claimed to be science, so no argument there. I don't know why you keep bringing that up.
Also, TD stated clearly what he did with the image to give an idea of what may have happened. Again, I don't think he claimed the action of manipulating a picture to be science.

The picture was used to illustrate a preconceived notion of the existence of "Pangea"; Neverland as it is know in FET circles. You state that this was used to "give an idea of what may have happened." I am simply stating it "may" have happened another way. I could "manipulate" the continent to have bunny ears and call it a rabbit. You would dismiss this immediately as I am dismissing your argument. Consider this exercise a failure.