James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies
?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #1380 on: March 17, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
By the way, why did the birds cross the ocean?

To get to the other tide::)

Anyway, my point is...how did non-therapod dinosaurs get on all of the continents? ???
Teleportation. They had the ability to teleport to any location at will.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1381 on: March 17, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
Why do birds need boats if they can fly?

Because their wings get tired, and they can hardly stop to rest when they're over water.

Why not?  Lots of birds can swim.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #1382 on: March 17, 2011, 08:35:04 PM »
Why do birds need boats if they can fly?

Because their wings get tired, and they can hardly stop to rest when they're over water.

Why not?  Lots of birds can swim.

So can I, but that doesn't mean that I can swim across an ocean.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #1383 on: March 17, 2011, 10:55:02 PM »
There are birds that migrate over the ocean. Therefore, dinosaurs could also fly over the ocean.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #1384 on: March 18, 2011, 01:42:28 AM »
So can I, but that doesn't mean that I can swim across an ocean.
Wimp.
Also, if they can swim and fly, they can just rest on water.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1385 on: March 18, 2011, 01:44:32 AM »
How about ornithopods?

"They reached their apex in the duck-bills, before they were wiped out by the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event along with all other non-avian dinosaurs. Members are known from all seven continents, although the Antarctic remains are unnamed, and they are generally rare in the Southern Hemisphere."

Oh, and this clarifies something about their Order:

"They are known as the 'bird-hipped' dinosaurs because of their bird-like hip structure, even though birds actually descended from the 'lizard-hipped' dinosaurs (the saurischians)." -Wikipedia
Interesting, however that order seemed to have either died out, or evolved into an animal that we haven't yet found the connection to. We must concentrate on theropods only.
I believe the hadrosaurs (I'm assuming that's what AA is referring to) play a part in James' theory
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1386 on: March 18, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »
It should be noted that as adept scientists, we are not in the habit of using the indistinct vulgarities of everyday language, thus we insist on stringent cladistic classification in our studies. What the layman calls a bird, therefore, we rightly call a dinosaur.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1387 on: March 18, 2011, 08:12:33 AM »
It should be noted that as adept scientists, we are not in the habit of using the indistinct vulgarities of everyday language, thus we insist on stringent cladistic classification in our studies. What the layman calls a bird, therefore, we rightly call a dinosaur.

In that case, you would do better to call them modern, avian dinosaurs in order to avoid confusion with ancient, non-avian dinosaurs.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #1388 on: March 18, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
How about ornithopods?

"They reached their apex in the duck-bills, before they were wiped out by the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event along with all other non-avian dinosaurs. Members are known from all seven continents, although the Antarctic remains are unnamed, and they are generally rare in the Southern Hemisphere."

Oh, and this clarifies something about their Order:

"They are known as the 'bird-hipped' dinosaurs because of their bird-like hip structure, even though birds actually descended from the 'lizard-hipped' dinosaurs (the saurischians)." -Wikipedia
Interesting, however that order seemed to have either died out, or evolved into an animal that we haven't yet found the connection to. We must concentrate on theropods only.
I believe the hadrosaurs (I'm assuming that's what AA is referring to) play a part in James' theory

Oh, I am interested to hear what part they play in James's theory, absolutely.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1389 on: March 18, 2011, 10:55:34 AM »
How about ornithopods?

Oh, and this clarifies something about their

Oh, I am interested to hear what part they play in James's theory, absolutely.
  Are you sure James in not talking about a Hadosaurus, as in you been had.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1390 on: March 18, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »
The joke in that cartoon doesn't make any sense, because of course dinoaurs haven't become extinct.

Brother Wilmore, this is most illuminant evidence you have presented to our Institute. I would like to put before the council Further evidence of dinosaurs grand armada would be the finches bill which is a tool adapted for certain nuts.

Such a bill might originally have been used for sanding mahogany or chiseling some of the softer woods used in ship building such as pine. We  know that birds bills are very adaptable and using their bills in such a way would leave their hands free for nails and rolled tobacco leaves which were probably smoked by site workers.

Maybe that's why dinosaurs evolved arms; so that they could hold their cigarettes.

Whatever about sincerity, the broad thrust of your speculations is intriguing. However, I must say that I doubt Dinosaurs would use tobacco, as such an athletic race would find its effects to be a serious incumbrance (not to mention the difficulties it would cause at sea).

I think Brother Wilmore that you are forgetting the many beneficial effects of tobacco, for example its ability to steady nerves, it also helps concentrate the mind and gives restless hands something to do. Smoking is generally a sign of strength and maturity. This would be of undoubted benefit in an advanced race such as the dinosaurs.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1391 on: March 21, 2011, 04:42:12 PM »
I saw some dinosaur shipwrights hard at work the other day on the shore of a lake, and I tried to photograph their work. I was shoved and pushed away by their security guards and this was one of only two pictures I was able to take before I had to flee from the scene. I suppose we should be careful interfering with dinosaur culture, as much as we know about them, their society has conventions we are not always familiar with. Dinosaurs might believe that photographs steal part of the soul, like some human cultures do.

"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #1392 on: March 21, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »
I'm not sure what I'm looking at, I was about to report it to moderators because I'm kind of offended and I think I need an adult.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1393 on: March 21, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »

This was the first photograph I took seconds before the man assaulted me and pushed me away. I took this photo as he was swimming towards me, at which point I looked him in the eye and said in a loud and assertive voice "SIR, PLEASE LET ME PASS, SIR, I WISH TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR SHIP" at which juncture he began shouting at me very aggressively in a saurian dialect which I couldn't understand, and then he hit my camera with his mouth as I started to run backwards. That is what the first photograph is of, of him trying to take the camera off me to stop me photographing the boat which his colleagues were building. It worked, because I didn't get any shots of the ship. I ran away after the photo in the previous post was taken.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #1394 on: March 21, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »
Did James just post a nude photo of himself?
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #1395 on: March 21, 2011, 04:59:17 PM »

This was the first photograph I took seconds before the man assaulted me and pushed me away. I took this photo as he was swimming towards me, at which point I looked him in the eye and said in a loud and assertive voice "SIR, PLEASE LET ME PASS, SIR, I WISH TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR SHIP" at which juncture he began shouting at me very aggressively in a saurian dialect which I couldn't understand, and then he hit my camera with his mouth as I started to run backwards. That is what the first photograph is of, of him trying to take the camera off me to stop me photographing the boat which his colleagues were building. It worked, because I didn't get any shots of the ship. I ran away after the photo in the previous post was taken.

Thank God you survived the experience!  I always thought dinosaurwatching was an unnecessarily dangerous pastime.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1396 on: March 21, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »
Ethnographical journalism is risky. Hunter S Thompson once got beaten up when he infiltrated the Hell's Angels, to write a book, and I got beaten up when I infiltrated some dinosaur ship builders, to post in the Flat Earth Society. The lengths we will go to in order to discover the truth.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #1397 on: March 21, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »
That's a picture of a duck. I'm not really sure what this proves.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1398 on: March 21, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »
Duck is a dinosaur ethnicity. Does it not prove anything just because it's duck? Are you being racist?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #1399 on: March 21, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »
Duck is a dinosaur ethnicity. Does it not prove anything just because it's duck? Are you being racist?

So it was a duck who assaulted you?

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #1400 on: March 21, 2011, 05:21:53 PM »
I seriously LOL'd when I read this. It doesn't prove anything because it's a duck and not a boat.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1401 on: March 21, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
James, thank you for your bravery in the face of dinosaur aggression. Geese in particular are very touchy about being photographed. I have found that they are more open to communicating peacefully when I make an initial offering of food made of whole grains.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:25:49 PM by Ichimaru Gin :] »
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #1402 on: March 21, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
Well...if we're the on the subject of bird aggression, there's probably a couple of previously overlooked incidents that have been raised here before.  Observe their larcenous intentions, as cataloged by Brother Bishop and myself:

I'll admit I didn't think much of them at first, but you never really know.  It could be just a humorous coincidence...or something more sinister.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #1403 on: March 21, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »
Please be more careful in the future, James. The aggressive behavior of ducks, geese, and swans is well known.

http://quazen.com/recreation/outdoors/the-first-man-killed-by-an-angry-swan/

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1404 on: March 21, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
Your bravery is inspiring, James.  Glad you are safe after such an experience.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #1405 on: March 21, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »
Ohhh man, this thread just gets better and better.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #1406 on: March 21, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
Ohhh man, this thread just gets better and better.

I suggest you re-read this entire thread. It has been this good the entire time. Knowledge is satisfying, indeed.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1407 on: March 21, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »

Were you able to get a look at their tools?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1408 on: March 22, 2011, 01:19:33 AM »
These gentlemen were using their beaks.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1409 on: March 22, 2011, 06:18:45 AM »
These gentlemen were using their beaks.

Oh.  I suppose that they were also building their "ships" in dry dock as well.