All these constants...

• 8 Replies
All these constants...
« on: December 06, 2014, 07:02:17 AM »
Kepler's laws, Theory of gravitation, Basic trigonometry, GPS, Visible orbits of the other planets of the solar system, or even stuff as simple as Compasses, which always points to the North and consequently also to a UNIQUE point in the south... You're really ignoring all these facts... fine.

My Uncle Has worked for a French governmental agency (CNRS if you wanna know). His job as a climatologist required him to spend one year (of deep boredom...) in the french scientific base in Antartica, Dumont d'Urville, which is located in a very short range of the magnetic south pole. He went from that base to the US Amundsen-Scott research base located on the exact spot of geographical south pole. No magic wall containing our oceans (which are on average 4000 meters deep, so I strongly doubt an ice wall could stand this insane amount of pressure). Just some american and european flags showing the geographical South pole. He went from Dumont D'Urville, in the antartican shore to Amundsen-Scott, in the core of the continent, in a military airplane, Therefore simply invalidating your whole theory.

...But I don't expect you to believe me, Bande de crétins têtus comme des mules.  ;)

Re: All these constants...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:17:48 AM »
"But I don't expect you to believe me"

No, they won't, but welcome and enjoy the show. Maybe your countryman Heiwa will show up again. He's usually good for some jaw-dropping nonsense.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 07:44:19 AM »
How did your uncle know for sure where he was?  He could have been on any piece of ice?

Also, Antarctica, the Rim Continent, is land with ice on top.  Nobody has claimed that the "ice wall" is only made of ice. 

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 08:25:47 AM »
How did your uncle know for sure where he was?  He could have been on any piece of ice?

"But I don't expect you to believe me"

No, they won't

Thanks for proving my point, jroa. That didn't even take very long.

If Galilée's uncle is any smarter than sceptimatic (quite a low bar, I know), and had any curiosity whatsoever, he could easily tell what his latitude was in general (and which hemisphere), needing no equipment beyond his own eyes. Provide a reasonably accurate time source, and he could determine his longitude, too.  Since he was there for a year, a star chart could nail these down much more precisely. You might want to review the thread where sceptimatic claimed to have been in Antarctica for six months. It's not that hard (or even mysterious) to tell if you're in Antarctica or not; you just have to think a little.

Also, Antarctica, the Rim Continent, is land with ice on top.  Nobody has claimed that the "ice wall" is only made of ice.

"Rim Continent." Maybe Galilée can ask his uncle how long it took to travel to and from "The Ice" from wherever the staging area is, and how long from Dumont D'Urville to and from Amundsen-Scott, and any other places he might have gone.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 08:28:45 AM »
Haha thanks Alpha2Omega I already have had lot of fun discovering how blivious humans can be...

And Jroa, Yes he could have been on any piece of Ice but I don't know tha many continents where you can fly for 4 hours straight seeing nothing but Ice (Groenland maybe, but since he first went to Dumont D'Urville from Australia by ship that would be a long trip) ;)

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 01:46:27 PM »
Put on a snow coat.  Walk outside at night.  Look straight up.  Are the stars moving clockwise centered around a point directly overheard?  Are you having trouble finding the big dipper?

Congratulations you have determined where you are.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 05:18:41 PM »
Put on a snow coat.  Walk outside at night.  Look straight up.  Are the stars moving clockwise centered around a point directly overheard?  Are you having trouble finding the big dipper?

Congratulations you have determined where you are.

That's pretty much all it takes.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 06:41:29 PM »
If you can call in air strikes to within a few meters in a desert, then what makes you think that a climatologist can't figure out what chunk of ice they're on?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 08:47:25 AM »
You might want to review the thread where sceptimatic claimed to have been in Antarctica for six months. It's not that hard (or even mysterious) to tell if you're in Antarctica or not; you just have to think a little.

And isn't it interesting that when sceptimatic claimed to have been in Antarctica (which was just another of his lies as it turned out) for six months, jroa never suggested that he didn't know where he was, or could've been on "any piece of ice".  This is typical of the hypocrisy of many flat earthers;  insult the intelligence of the round earthers whilst ignoring the idiocy of your own flat earth peers.

At any rate, no round earther has ever attempted to define this imaginary "ice wall".  As far as we're concerned, it just doesn't exist.  So it must be the flat earthers who are confused by its physical composition jroa.  You're the ones telling the story.

And your own Flat earth Wiki doesn't even clarify it LOL.  One entry describes it as being "150 feet above sea level" and another as being "40,000 to 50,000 feet high".  Which would be like a round earther saying the sun is 149,600,000km distant from earth or maybe only 499,000km.