Oh dear...

• 183 Replies
Oh dear...
« on: July 20, 2014, 05:22:32 AM »
You guys don't believe the World is a sphere?

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

The man jumping from this space craft is 128,000 foot above the earths surface, besides the tonnes of pictures and other videos from it, you can see the curvature of the Earth.. That's no light trick, not the camera angle; that's simply the earth's shape. Your argument rules out the law of gravity and its affect, Varying Star Constellations, the degree of shadows measured off other planets which lay out as if they were on a sphere based surface, the existence of time zones, the center of gravity and the fact that you can SEE other planets/stars such as Jupiter, Mars, mercury with a telescope and you can see the sun and the moon with the naked eye (which are clearly sphere shapes) which all point to the answer that the planet we also live on, is probably the same.

Also don't tell me space isn't real.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:24:42 AM by n1rvana »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Oh dear...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 06:21:54 AM »
You guys don't believe the World is a sphere?

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

The man jumping from this space craft is 128,000 foot above the earths surface, besides the tonnes of pictures and other videos from it, you can see the curvature of the Earth.. That's no light trick, not the camera angle; that's simply the earth's shape. Your argument rules out the law of gravity and its affect, Varying Star Constellations, the degree of shadows measured off other planets which lay out as if they were on a sphere based surface, the existence of time zones, the center of gravity and the fact that you can SEE other planets/stars such as Jupiter, Mars, mercury with a telescope and you can see the sun and the moon with the naked eye (which are clearly sphere shapes) which all point to the answer that the planet we also live on, is probably the same.

Also don't tell me space isn't real.
The video is a fake and... "I am telling you that space isn't real."

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 06:49:04 AM »
Why do you think this was faked?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 07:24:40 AM »
Oh, I could go on forever about why it was fake. Should we start at one point at a time?

I won't go with the obvious first, I'll simply put this to you.
At 128,000 feet, he jumps. He free falls through a near vacuum as we are told. He feels no resistance because, as we have been already told, he's in a vacuum. He goes into a massive tumble, spinning out of control...in this vacuum...this vacuum that has bno resistance on his body. Would you care to tell me what constitutes making someone spin uncontrollably in this vacuum?

Just for clarity, let me cite a few things to help you along.
In air, if you are on a plane and you move the flaps, the plane changes course. It does this because you have upset the balance you were in and created a "resistance" against the flow. Ok?

In a vacuum chamber, the penny and feather fall at roughtly the same rate. They do this because there is no air resistance to alter their state of fall, meaning the feather that is built for air resistance, is now nullified.

Ok, we get that, right?

So Baumgartner falls out of his capsule and down he goes. He can flap his arms... bend his back...kick his legs, or even pull a surf board out. He's going nowhere other than how his body first fell.

Bear that in mind, then tell me how he spun out of control and as to how this was achieved. Once we deal with this, I'll get to the many other things.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 08:04:16 AM »
" He goes into a massive tumble, spinning out of control...in this vacuum.."

I see where you are going wrong here. The density of the atmosphere at the top of the jump was so low(not a vacuum) that he just fell nice and straight. If you watch the land based video you can see his initial free fall is without any tumble.

Very quickly the atmosphere became more dense and his suit caused him to tumble.

Please continue. This is very interesting to me.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:32:16 AM »
Oh, I could go on forever about why it was fake. Should we start at one point at a time?

I won't go with the obvious first, I'll simply put this to you.
At 128,000 feet, he jumps. He free falls through a near vacuum as we are told. He feels no resistance because, as we have been already told, he's in a vacuum. He goes into a massive tumble, spinning out of control...in this vacuum...this vacuum that has bno resistance on his body. Would you care to tell me what constitutes making someone spin uncontrollably in this vacuum?

Just for clarity, let me cite a few things to help you along.
In air, if you are on a plane and you move the flaps, the plane changes course. It does this because you have upset the balance you were in and created a "resistance" against the flow. Ok?

In a vacuum chamber, the penny and feather fall at roughtly the same rate. They do this because there is no air resistance to alter their state of fall, meaning the feather that is built for air resistance, is now nullified.

Ok, we get that, right?

So Baumgartner falls out of his capsule and down he goes. He can flap his arms... bend his back...kick his legs, or even pull a surf board out. He's going nowhere other than how his body first fell.

Bear that in mind, then tell me how he spun out of control and as to how this was achieved. Once we deal with this, I'll get to the many other things.

That's the most idiotic reply I've ever heard. You're so wrapped up in conspiracy theories that you can't tell the truth from the mental rofl. None of that answer applies to anything that happened that day, the reason he spun out in a vacuum is because a vacuum has a circular motion to it, with his parachute going out of control. You'd know this if you didn't just think everything was fake, that's a lame way to dismiss something. There's recordings of it from people on the ground, working for news channels, people watched it on their telescopes and you're saying they all saw nothing LOL I bet that guy would laugh in your face if you said that to him, as you've done nothing close to that.

Did you know you can see space yourself by getting various balloons, some holding material and a wireless camera? Lot's of people have done it and seen the earth from the outter atmosphere, and surprise - the planets round. Maybe you should try this yourself before you think the ground is going to eat you.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:45:27 AM by n1rvana »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »

Because you can see the curvature of the Earth before it even leaves the Earth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
" He goes into a massive tumble, spinning out of control...in this vacuum.."

I see where you are going wrong here. The density of the atmosphere at the top of the jump was so low(not a vacuum) that he just fell nice and straight. If you watch the land based video you can see his initial free fall is without any tumble.

Very quickly the atmosphere became more dense and his suit caused him to tumble.

Please continue. This is very interesting to me.
At what point and at what speed was he doing when he supposedly went out of control where this dense atmosphere caused him and his suit to tumble. I'd like to know the answer from you before I carry on. Let's place some serious logic to all this if you're game.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »
At what point and at what speed was he doing when he supposedly went out of control where this dense atmosphere caused him and his suit to tumble.

I'm not sure I understand when or how his uncontrolled spin began maters to the event's authority. But.. I'll try to answer this new question.

Shortly after his jump he entered an uncontrolled spin. You can watch the video and decide for your self exactly when it started. About 1:20 after his jump he corrected it without using his droug chute.

His speed was approximately 800 miles per hour

I think even in the FE theory atmosphere gets less dense the higher you go... Or am I wrong about that? Does the FE theory maintain the atmosphere is less dense at higher altitudes?

Jroa,
Please include more details for your skepticism. I am unclear why you think this is fake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
At what point and at what speed was he doing when he supposedly went out of control where this dense atmosphere caused him and his suit to tumble.

I'm not sure I understand when or how his uncontrolled spin began maters to the event's authority. But.. I'll try to answer this new question.

Shortly after his jump he entered an uncontrolled spin. You can watch the video and decide for your self exactly when it started. About 1:20 after his jump he corrected it without using his droug chute.

I think even in the FE theory atmosphere gets less dense the higher you go... Or am I wrong about that? Does the FE theory maintain the atmosphere is less dense at higher altitudes?

Jroa,
Please include more details for your skepticism. I am unclear why you think this is fake.
Try sticking your head out of a plane (with suit on) at the speed of 500 mph at about 35,000 feet.
I think we both know what would happen if you done this.

Ok, so we know the air is thin at that height but still thick enough to cause shift a massive change when something is placed into it, such as yourself.

If that plane could fly at 128,000 feet, if you stood on it (assuming magically that you could) you would be gliding along happily onto of it without having your body ripped to shreds like you would at 35,000 feet, because as we are told, it's a virtual vacuum at 128,000 feet.

Bearing that in mind, you could hold out your arms or even pull open your bat wing coat and still nothing would happen.
Nothing would happened because your body cannot change the stance it is holding as there is no air pressure to affect that stance.

Having said that. You mentioned how Baumgartner went into a spin at 800 mph despite falling from his capsule as steady as a rock.
What force put him into a spin?
If you mention that air pressure did it as he came down without the parachute, then I think you can be certain that he would have been torn to shreds. His body would have been literally pulled apart.
This is logically undeniable.

No pressure = no change in body motion to affect a spin.
Pressure that affects a spin, means death at speeds like that.
There's no way around it as to how he survived...except that the whole thing was a scam from start to finish.

I'm not asking you to believe that. I don;t care if you go into 100% denial mode. I'm just simply putting logic your way. How you accept that is down to you. If you follow your own logic and think for yourself, then start questioning it. If you want to be a part of the crowd and don't feel like being set upon, then immediately go into denial and do not even read this with any rational thought.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »
"Try sticking your head out of a plane (with suit on) at the speed of 500 mph at about 35,000 feet.
I think we both know what would happen if you done this."

This guy was not traveling at any speed until he jumped out.

"Ok, so we know the air is thin at that height but still thick enough to cause shift a massive change when something is placed into it, such as yourself."

The height at which he jumped was not thick enough to effect any change in his body. He fell into the height that contained thicker atmosphere which effected his body and caused the spin.

"If that plane could fly at 128,000 feet, if you stood on it (assuming magically that you could) you would be gliding along happily onto of it without having your body ripped to shreds like you would at 35,000 feet, because as we are told, it's a virtual vacuum at 128,000 feet."

If you travel at that altitude in a plane you must move at a velocity that enables the wings to maintain lift. If you use a balloon, you don't need to move at a high velocity.

"Bearing that in mind, you could hold out your arms or even pull open your bat wing coat and still nothing would happen.
Nothing would happened because your body cannot change the stance it is holding as there is no air pressure to affect that stance."

Beaumgarter moved downward, starting at zero speed towards 800 mph. As he moved downward he fell into increasingly denser air. So at the start, he could move fast and had little resistance or turbulence which would cause an uncontrolled roll.

"Having said that. You mentioned how Baumgartner went into a spin at 800 mph despite falling from his capsule as steady as a rock.
What force put him into a spin?"

As he fell into more dense atmosphere he went into an uncontrolled spin.

"If you mention that air pressure did it as he came down without the parachute, then I think you can be certain that he would have been torn to shreds. His body would have been literally pulled apart.
This is logically undeniable."

Here is where I think your making a key mistake. He's not falling into a wall of atmosphere. It increases gradually much like diving deeper into water gradually increases pressure. He fell with almost no change to his orientation until the atmosphere became more of an influence and started tumbling.

"No pressure = no change in body motion to affect a spin.
There's no way around it as to how he survived...except that the whole thing was a scam from start to finish."

No pressure = no change in body motion to effect a spin is correct. The rest is not true because he had significant protection from his pressure suit and you might be thinking of the airplane flying fast at high altitudes thing.

"I'm not asking you to believe that. I don;t care if you go into 100% denial mode. I'm just simply putting logic your way. How you accept that is down to you. If you follow your own logic and think for yourself, then start questioning it. If you want to be a part of the crowd and don't feel like being set upon, then immediately go into denial and do not even read this with any rational thought."

This paragraph seems to be arguing something other than the facts of this jump which I'd rather not do. You're welcome to think anything you want. I have no interest in changing your mind. I simply want to understand why FEers believe these things.

In this case it seems you believe this video was faked and used your conceptions of what happens at high altitudes as a basis. You don't have to believe what I said in this thread. I'd like to think you wouldn't doubt my sincerity though.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »

Yea, the bug eyed lens is not what anyone would use to validate the reality of this event. Could you add something else that shows this event was a hoax?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »

Because sceptimatic is a genius who knows more about everything than anybody else on the earth...Which of course is flat .
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »
I did not say the jump was faked.  The leses usded were simply for dramatic effect and do not give an accurate representation of the horizon.

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 05:41:36 PM »
I'm sure they were used to gather a larger area than a regular lens could. Taking your

Well, it seemed you were using this picture to prove it was faked. Anyway if you want to see the curvature of the planet with a balloon I'm sure it's not hard to do with your own camera and balloon.

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 06:22:31 PM »

Jroa,
Try sticking your head out of a plane (with suit on) at the speed of 500 mph at about 35,000 feet.

Ok, so we know the air is thin at that height but still thick enough to cause shift a massive change when something is placed into it, such as yourself.

If that plane could fly at 128,000 feet, if you stood on it (assuming magically that you could) you would be gliding along happily onto of it without having your body ripped to shreds like you would at 35,000 feet, because as we are told, it's a virtual vacuum at 128,000 feet.

Bearing that in mind, you could hold out your arms or even pull open your bat wing coat and still nothing would happen.
Nothing would happened because your body cannot change the stance it is holding as there is no air pressure to affect that stance.

Having said that. You mentioned how Baumgartner went into a spin at 800 mph despite falling from his capsule as steady as a rock.
If you mention that air pressure did it as he came down without the parachute, then I think you can be certain that he would have been torn to shreds. His body would have been literally pulled apart.

There's no way around it as to how he survived...except that the whole thing was a scam from start to finish.

I'm not asking you to believe that. I don;t care if you go into 100% denial mode. I'm just simply putting logic your way. How you accept that is down to you. If you follow your own logic and think for yourself, then start questioning it. If you want to be a part of the crowd and don't feel like being set upon, then immediately go into denial and do not even read this with any rational thought.

Jesus you're so thick.

Accelerated free fall coarses thought me among many other more experienced skydivers how to exit a plane. During acceleration the human body undergoes the greatest sensation of 0 control. This is what makes skydiving scary! That first 8 seconds of accelerated free fall before your body reaches terminal velocity.

They practically learn you to stay in the arch position until the velocity is reached at about 200 km/h. Felix jumped much higher than 15000 ft, meaning the air pressure is so low that he would keep on accelerating past mach 1. We however reach somewhere around 220 km/h then slowly start decelerating to 200 km/h while in control. Control meaning using air resistance in order to orientate yourself in the Arch position.

You'll learn that position if you ever to attempt to jump out of an airplane. And by far how easy it is to get into an uncontrollable spin.
My dad used to jump much more than me and because of a car accident years ago, age only affects him now, skydiver clubs pushes him out due to his one leg causing serious instability during acceleration. This is heavily threatening to other sky divers around him because of the velocities achieved in the spin.

I have less than 50 jumps, my dad more than 200, while a good friend of mine, instructor and that of my dad has more than 1000. Henk van Wyk even used his reserve after uncorrectable line over problems in Mosselbay.

Don't even think of using anything skydive related to your defense unless you have jumped before.

As for the wide angle lens. Just because of you idiots, I'm actually quite pissed that they used fish eye cameras. At more than 100,000 ft the curve is surely visible but the red bull guys had to fsck it up using a fish eye to exaggerate the drama and make the video look more vivid.

Edit: Because Afrikaans and grammar.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:45:24 PM by Moosedrool »
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »
What part of 'extremely low-pressure air at high elevation increasing in pressure at an increasing rate the lower one travels in elevation' are you incapable of comprehending?

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »
What part of 'extremely low-pressure air at high elevation increasing in pressure at an increasing rate the lower one travels in elevation' are you incapable of comprehending?

I think his issues begin at the word what.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 06:51:35 PM »

Just shows how thick you are. At what altitude do you thing Felix opened his parachute? The same one he was still traveling at mach one and being completely out of control? If you think that you're fscked stupid.

He was traveling at around 200 km/h his parachute deployed which is a safe velocity to do this at.

And if you took some sense into that little head of yours and read the comment I posted. Spinning due to accelerated free fall is way more common than you think. Imagine heights of 120000 ft giving much more acceleration times. Now go skydive and test it for yourself moron.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:54:29 PM by Moosedrool »
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 01:25:23 AM »
The jump was fake, just like Kittinger before him. I explained a few reasons, I could explain much more but there seems no point. Just believe in the fantasy. Like the saying goes. Movies are made so people can make fantasy their reality.

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 06:12:35 AM »
The jump was fake, just like Kittinger before him. I explained a few reasons, I could explain much more but there seems no point. Just believe in the fantasy. Like the saying goes. Movies are made so people can make fantasy their reality.

Please realize calling our view on this event a fantasy is insulting. If that was your intent, fine.

I think I understand that you believe the uncontrolled spin is a reason to believe this was faked but you really haven't made a link between, he was in an uncontrolled spin and this is fake.

Unless you were suggesting he would surely die from an uncontrolled spin? Which would need some explaining also.

Or, would you like to debunk this event in some other way?

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 09:34:39 AM »

Jroa,

What the fuck? Have you ever stuck your head out a plane? It goes over 5000mph at 30,000 ft, and lets get this clear; you'll fall at a max of 100mph, which he exactly did before he pulled his chute, which then caused it to twist as he was falling fucking fast due to the height, but no where near enough for it to kill him lol! .. Also, You don't get wind in space as it's a vacuum, you get solar wind which is a complete different effect. 128,000 ft IS OUTTER SPACE, where his ship was just resting on gravity, as it makes things WEIGHTLESS. He wasn't moving at 500 mph so no he ain't gonna get ripped apart thanks to his suit.  In the video it's his parachute spinning out, and it's a very common thing cause by extreme acceleration -  his body didn't randomly start spinning out, it was his parachute as he was jumping from such a large height. You're arguments baffle me as you don't make any real sense, yet you love to argue anyway even though you're opposed to logic. Is this why you have such primitive views? because you just love to argue for the sake of it? Theres no winning with people like you because you don't listen to reason.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:39:58 AM by n1rvana »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 09:37:35 AM »
n1rvana, please watch what you say in the upper fora.  Foul language and personal attacks are not allowed here.  Consider this a warning. 

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 09:40:43 AM »
n1rvana, please watch what you say in the upper fora.  Foul language and personal attacks are not allowed here.  Consider this a warning.

Foul language is just a point of view but fine, where was the personal attack? It was a genuine question.

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »

Just shows how thick you are. At what altitude do you thing Felix opened his parachute? The same one he was still traveling at mach one and being completely out of control? If you think that you're fscked stupid.

He was traveling at around 200 km/h his parachute deployed which is a safe velocity to do this at.

And if you took some sense into that little head of yours and read the comment I posted. Spinning due to accelerated free fall is way more common than you think. Imagine heights of 120000 ft giving much more acceleration times. Now go skydive and test it for yourself moron.

First dude on this forum who speaks some damn sense! Thank you, though he won't listen.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »
n1rvana, don't further derail a topic by arguing about warnings in the thread in which they occur.  We have a Suggestions and Concerns forum for that.  Consider this another warning.  Thanks. 

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 09:51:21 AM »
n1rvana, don't further derail a topic by arguing about warnings in the thread in which they occur.  We have a Suggestions and Concerns forum for that.  Consider this another warning.  Thanks.

Aren't you further derailing it therefore you should get a warning yourself? Sorry, but being banned from a forum that consists of people who have the mind of an 15th century catholic priest isn't too much of a worry for me.

FLAT EARTH THEORY IS MORE FLAWED THAN A 96 YEAR OLD KOREAN PROSTITUTE WITH GANGRENE.

See, I bought it back on topic and made a very valid statement.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
Go ahead and take the rest of the day off.  When you decide that you will not ignore warnings, then I will welcome you back. 

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 09:58:16 AM »
Go ahead and take the rest of the day off.  When you decide that you will not ignore warnings, then I will welcome you back.

I was done on my first comment, there's no argument or discussion, but thanks anyway. Maybe you shouldn't ignore the warnings of logic?

?

Art

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 08:08:24 PM »

No they fall at precisely the same rate actually… in a perfect vacuum.

Now roll the same penny off the edge of a ramp in a vacuum and see what happens.
This isn't what happened in the case of RB Stratos though.

He didn't start spinning until there was significant air pressure to cause him to spin while his body was not symmetrical.
This would have continued had he not made the effort to stabilise himself.

RET:0 - FET:0