Oh dear...

• 183 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Oh dear...
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2014, 09:33:07 AM »

I don't think you understand how a pressure suit works. When he is on the ground his suit is the same pressure inside and out. He has to travel up to the top of his accent and back down without changing his inside pressure.
When he's on the ground, his external pressure is around 15psi, against his suit and body. His suit is not pressurised at this time. If it was, he would be in some discomfort.
You do not understand how it all works, at all.
How you can tell it is or isn't pressurized seems to be a misunderstanding of what the suit is made of. Take a look at some pictures on the web and you will see where your going wrong there.
It's easy to tell. His suit is flapping and creased. His suit would be bulked out with air pressure, not looking like a formula one drivers suit.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2014, 09:42:19 AM »
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Red Bull Stratos FULL POV - Multi-Angle + Mission Data

This one is great. It shows all the effects on the skydiver as he's falling into thicker atmosphere.
It's scary to think you people actually believe this stuff. A kid can see this crap for what it is.
What's with the air sound at 128,000 feet?
What's with the same sized Earth from 128,000 feet down to about 40,000?
You people don't believe this at all. You're holding onto a sack of garbage and you know it.

Please try not to be insulting.
There is air at 128,000 feet. He was traveling through it at a high rate of speed. That makes noise.
Not according to the bull crap meters on Baumgartners mission control dials.  ;D

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »
]It's easy to tell. His suit is flapping and creased. His suit would be bulked out with air pressure, not looking like a formula one drivers suit.
What are basing this statement on?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2014, 09:58:30 AM »
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Red Bull Stratos FULL POV - Multi-Angle + Mission Data

This one is great. It shows all the effects on the skydiver as he's falling into thicker atmosphere.
It's scary to think you people actually believe this stuff. A kid can see this crap for what it is.
What's with the air sound at 128,000 feet?
What's with the same sized Earth from 128,000 feet down to about 40,000?
You people don't believe this at all. You're holding onto a sack of garbage and you know it.

Please try not to be insulting.
There is air at 128,000 feet. He was traveling through it at a high rate of speed. That makes noise.
Not according to the bull crap meters on Baumgartners mission control dials.  ;D
He rode a helium or hydrogen balloon.  Those float in air.  Key word being air.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2014, 10:20:46 AM »
Ok, let's move on. I'm sure there's plenty of people who Know I'm right on the pressure stuff.

At 3.35 in the video, Baumgartner allegedly fall out. At 0:06 seconds on the mission control timer, it switches to a side view and blackness of Baumgartner seen from the side.
As a conseervative calculation using the gravity ruse...Baumgartner should have descended around 180 feet from the capsule. This horizontal visual of him falling lasts for about 27 seconds as his speed builds up to over 500 mph.
My question is this: who took the video of this. We can safely assume that it's not from his balloon. We can rule out a helicopter at 128,000 feet.
So what could have taken this picture and how did it manage to track the speed of his descent.

Can anyone give me a logical answer to this?

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2014, 10:34:29 AM »
I'm sure there's plenty of people who Know I'm right on the pressure stuff.

I will give you $100 for every person you can find that will post on this forum that you're right on this.

The stipulation is earthisaspaceship can't be one of them and they can't be newly registered users.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
I'm sure there's plenty of people who Know I'm right on the pressure stuff.

I will give you $100 for every person you can find that will post on this forum that you're right on this.

The stipulation is earthisaspaceship can't be one of them and they can't be newly registered users.
Ok that sounds good. Let's just sit back and wait on it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »
Is there a way that you can tell if the suit is pressurized that I cannot?
Yeah, the creases give it away quite easily.
Oh, so you think that the outermost layer of his suit is what keeps him pressurized?  That's so cute.
Suit: It has four layers. The outer layer is made of Nomex, a fire-retardant material that will also act as an insulator. Under the Nomex is a mesh restraint, which holds a gas-filled bladder. The innermost layer is a breathable liner. Once pressurized, the suit will become rigid. Its vertical orientation will help Baumgartner maintain delta position (head down, feet up) throughout his free fall—crucial if he is to avoid a flat spin.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »
Oh, so you think that the outermost layer of his suit is what keeps him pressurized?  That's so cute.
Suit: It has four layers. The outer layer is made of Nomex, a fire-retardant material that will also act as an insulator. Under the Nomex is a mesh restraint, which holds a gas-filled bladder. The innermost layer is a breathable liner. Once pressurized, the suit will become rigid. Its vertical orientation will help Baumgartner maintain delta position (head down, feet up) throughout his free fall—crucial if he is to avoid a flat spin.
I don't think I ever made that assumption.
Let me clarify.
I don't care how many layers of cloth there is. There is a bladder that is pressurised and the material will stop that pressure from over-expanding the suit.

Here's a copy and paste from how it works.
The space suit provides air pressure to keep the fluids in your body in a liquid state -- in other words, to prevent your bodily fluids from boiling. Like a tire, a space suit is essentially an inflated balloon that is restricted by some rubberized fabric, in this case, Neoprene-coated fibers. The restriction placed on the "balloon" portion of the suit supplies air pressure on the astronaut inside, like blowing up a balloon inside a cardboard tube.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »
Let me clarify.
I don't care how many layers of cloth there is. There is a bladder that is pressurised and the material will stop that pressure from over-expanding the suit.

The space suit provides air pressure to keep the fluids in your body in a liquid state -- in other words, to prevent your bodily fluids from boiling. Like a tire, a space suit is essentially an inflated balloon that is restricted by some rubberized fabric, in this case, Neoprene-coated fibers. The restriction placed on the "balloon" portion of the suit supplies air pressure on the astronaut inside, like blowing up a balloon inside a cardboard tube.
Then why did you say that his pressure suit was not pressurized if you knew that the outermost layer was not the pressure bladder or mesh restraint?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2014, 11:50:43 AM »
Let me clarify.

Then why did you say that his pressure suit was not pressurized if you knew that the outermost layer was not the pressure bladder or mesh restraint?
Because his suit isn't pressurised, You can blatantly see that it isn't. The clue is it flapping about as he is supposedly falling.
Are you trying to say that a bladder would not push out the fabric?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »
Are you saying it's impossible for the suit to have a loose layer with creases overtop a skintight layer?
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »
Because his suit isn't pressurised, You can blatantly see that it isn't. The clue is it flapping about as he is supposedly falling.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to say.  The mesh restraint layer is what keeps the pressurized badder from pressing against the loose Nomex outer layer.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:50 PM »
Are you saying it's impossible for the suit to have a loose layer with creases overtop a skintight layer?
No. I'm saying it's impossible to have a loose layer  with flapping creases ovr a INFLATED/PRESSURISED inner bladder.

Pressurise a suit and you force that bladder against your body. For it to force against your body and not simply bloat out like a big ball, the outer fabric is there to stop that. the result is a stretched or taut fabric.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2014, 12:40:17 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to say.  The mesh restraint layer is what keeps the pressurized badder from pressing against the loose Nomex outer layer.
Markjo, you are not as clueless as that. Go and look up pressurised suits and come back to me.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2014, 12:45:38 PM »
No. I'm saying it's impossible to have a loose layer  with flapping creases ovr a INFLATED/PRESSURISED inner bladder.

Pressurise a suit and you force that bladder against your body. For it to force against your body and not simply bloat out like a big ball, the outer fabric is there to stop that. the result is a stretched or taut fabric.

What if the mesh is keeping the bladder from expanding past a crertain point? It sounds like that's the function of the mesh, not the outer layer.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »
Markjo, you are not as clueless as that. Go and look up pressurised suits and come back to me.
Better yet, why don't you look up pressurized suits and tell me where I'm wrong?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2014, 01:21:54 PM »

Blow up a party balloon. Put said balloon in a sweatshirt. Did the sweatshirt instantly become tight? No, it didn't. A loose layer over a rigid layer is impossible how?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »

What if the mesh is keeping the bladder from expanding past a crertain point? It sounds like that's the function of the mesh, not the outer layer.
What mesh. Define this mesh. You appear to be talking about some kind of fencing mesh. Clarify what you are saying.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2014, 03:37:10 PM »
Better yet, why don't you look up pressurized suits and tell me where I'm wrong?
I wouldn't be arguing the point if I hadn't done muy homework...now try and look at it with a clear mind and look up pressursied space suits.
If for some reason the internet refuses to allow you, I'll be more than happy to show you some. Let me know, Markjo.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2014, 03:40:26 PM »

Blow up a party balloon. Put said balloon in a sweatshirt. Did the sweatshirt instantly become tight? No, it didn't. A loose layer over a rigid layer is impossible how?
One thing I gathered from your posts...the few you dared to take part in.  You are no scientist in any form but the basic. I'm insulting you because you attempt that with others.

For someone to say a soap bubble contains nothing, is all I need to know that you are nothing other than a chancer that feeds off other posters indoctrination.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2014, 03:43:59 PM »

What mesh. Define this mesh. You appear to be talking about some kind of fencing mesh. Clarify what you are saying.

Did you not read the description of the 4 layers of the suit? I don't know any more about it at this time than you do. What makes you think it sounds like "fencing mesh"? ???

Maybe you should do a little more research into the suit before you decide it can't possibly work, because it sounds like you have no idea at all about how it's constructed and what it actually does.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2014, 03:51:22 PM »

Did you not read the description of the 4 layers of the suit? I don't know any more about it at this time than you do. What makes you think it sounds like "fencing mesh"? ???

Maybe you should do a little more research into the suit before you decide it can't possibly work, because it sounds like you have no idea at all about how it's constructed and what it actually does.
How about you define the mesh that stops the suit showing inflation on the exterior before I show you the actual reality.
Oh and don't think I've forgotton about the 128,000 feet horizontal video of the supposed super mph fall of Baumgartner, either. I'd like an explanation for that which you people conveniently avoid like the plague.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2014, 03:54:22 PM »

One thing I gathered from your posts...the few you dared to take part in.  You are no scientist in any form but the basic. I'm insulting you because you attempt that with others.
Because such a simple experiment destroys everything you believe in?
For someone to say a soap bubble contains nothing, is all I need to know that you are nothing other than a chancer that feeds off other posters indoctrination.
You related molecules expanding to fill voids to soap bubbles. Care to disprove all known science about bond lengths? Covalent bonds? Ionic bonds? hydrogen bonds? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2014, 04:10:17 PM »

How about you define the mesh that stops the suit showing inflation on the exterior before I show you the actual reality.
Oh and don't think I've forgotton about the 128,000 feet horizontal video of the supposed super mph fall of Baumgartner, either. I'd like an explanation for that which you people conveniently avoid like the plague.

I don't know what you mean by "128,000 feet horizontal video".

Anyway. I don't think you have any authority to comment on this even until you have a better grasp of what the pressure suit does.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2014, 04:22:24 PM »

Why don't you do your own research for a change and show us what makes the mesh inadequate.

Now you want to change the subject away from the suit? Are you giving up on your criticism of the suit now?

« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2014, 04:35:20 PM »
At 3.35 in the video, Baumgartner allegedly fall out. At 0:06 seconds on the mission control timer, it switches to a side view and blackness of Baumgartner seen from the side.
As a conseervative calculation using the gravity ruse...Baumgartner should have descended around 180 feet from the capsule. This horizontal visual of him falling lasts for about 27 seconds as his speed builds up to over 500 mph.
My question is this: who took the video of this. We can safely assume that it's not from his balloon. We can rule out a helicopter at 128,000 feet.
So what could have taken this picture and how did it manage to track the speed of his descent.

Can anyone give me a logical answer to this?
Very easy to answer. If you actually look at the video it doesn't show him side on. It's taken from a downward angle. Presumably on the ground or from a tall structure. As for how they can track him: have you watched the video? They clearly can't track him well at all. The camera is waving all over the place. If you want a better look at what happened check out the other video posted in this thread that shows everything from the cameras mounted on his suit.
Also 6 seconds, in a near vacuum, with gravitational acceleration does not equal 180 feet.
You also really, really need to stop making ridiculous claims then requiring evidence from other people. It's just getting ridiculous, prove your own arguments.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2014, 07:11:35 PM »
I wouldn't be arguing the point if I hadn't done muy homework...now try and look at it with a clear mind and look up pressursied space suits.
If for some reason the internet refuses to allow you, I'll be more than happy to show you some. Let me know, Markjo.
I have looked up pressure suits and I don't understand why you're having such difficulty understanding how a layer of Nomex fabric can be loosely wrapped around of a rigid, pressurized suit. 

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »
Mesh or some layer over the bladder that it's tight against, and the looser exterior fabric over that.

The video shot from another angle was shot from a lower altitude. 

This is too easy Scepti, give us something harder.

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2014, 01:52:20 AM »
I'll give scepti one thing: he's really not afraid of being wrong.  He is afraid over ever admitting he was wrong however, no matter how tortuous and silly his "reasoning" gets.

This pressure suit shit is just one long, painful facepalm.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.