Houston We Have a Problem. There’s No Heliocentric System

• 159 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: Houston We Have a Problem. There’s No Heliocentric System
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
OPPS, Houston has another problem.

If Earth were a ball, spinning and hurling through space we would sense the motion because of constant rotation and constant direction working together. Someone caught up in constant direction by its self could not sense motion, but when a constant rotation is added to the equation it’s measurable and noticeable. Checkmate again RE’S.

The following video explains this in detail.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:43:00 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 07:20:03 PM »
Since I have answered your questions despite you not answering mine, I think it's only fair that I add one more question:

Why does Halley's Comet's tail always point away from the Sun?

What do you mean? If the tail always pointed away from the Sun it would crash into it.

Nevertheless, even when the comet is moving away from the Sun, the tail remains pointing away from the Sun.

Why do you suppose that is?

Do you mean an Ice Comet that doesn't melt even being that close to the sun?

Oh, Halley's Comet is worse than melting. It's sublimating directly to gas. Fortunately, it only spends a few years at a time in the danger zone. But with every pass, a little more of it vaporizes. It only has a maximum of a couple hundred passes left before it's gone.
Nullius in Verba

?

frenat

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 07:31:52 PM »

If Earth were a ball, spinning and hurling through space we would sense the motion because of constant rotation and constant direction working together. Someone caught up in constant rotation by its self could not sense motion, but when a constant direction is added to the equation it’s measurable and noticeable . Checkmate again RE’S.

moving on with the gish gallop already?

The video is full of ignorance. the Earth as it travels around the Sun, is in orbit around the Sun. Anyone on the Earth is also in orbit around the Sun. Those on the ISS are in orbit around the Earth as it orbits the Sun. The Moon is in orbit around the Earth and the Sun. All in free fall. You don't feel acceleration in free fall. The video is wrong and so are you. Again. Time for you next gish gallop.

Plat Terra

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2019, 07:41:59 PM »

If Earth were a ball, spinning and hurling through space we would sense the motion because of constant rotation and constant direction working together. Someone caught up in constant rotation by its self could not sense motion, but when a constant direction is added to the equation it’s measurable and noticeable . Checkmate again RE’S.

The video is full of ignorance. the Earth as it travels around the Sun, is in orbit around the Sun. Anyone on the Earth is also in orbit around the Sun. Those on the ISS are in orbit around the Earth as it orbits the Sun. The Moon is in orbit around the Earth and the Sun. All in free fall. You don't feel acceleration in free fall. The video is wrong and so are you. Again. Time for you next gish gallop.

You are so wrong again! The Globe theory is full of ignorance. Remeber, it was allegly created in and through ignorance with no intelligent design what so ever?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

?

frenat

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2019, 07:51:20 PM »

You are so wrong again! The Globe theory is full of ignorance. Remeber, it was allegly created in and through ignorance with no intelligent design what so ever?
Only according to some. I believe in a creator smart enough to guide his creation through billions of years and smart enough to create a globe Earth that fits all observations. I'm sorry yours is so limited. There are also plenty of flat Earthers that are atheists. Didn't your research uncover that?

But couldn't you actually address what was said instead of immediately going on a tangent? How disappointing, but expected. Yet another fail from Plat Terra.

Plat Terra

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2019, 07:57:56 PM »

Only according to some. I believe in a creator smart enough to guide his creation through billions of years and smart enough to create a globe Earth that fits all observations. I'm sorry yours is so limited. There are also plenty of flat Earthers that are atheists. Didn't your research uncover that?

But couldn't you actually address what was said instead of immediately going on a tangent? How disappointing, but expected. Yet another fail from Plat Terra.

Your welcome to deny that there wouldn't be constant acceleration and deceleration. The math is there. But we know why you have to deny. That’s OK. Have a nice night!

?

frenat

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2019, 08:02:29 PM »

Your welcome to deny that there wouldn't be constant acceleration and deceleration. The math is there. But we know why you have to deny. That’s OK. Have a nice night!
So you can't address that anything in orbit is in free fall and you don't feel forces while in free fall. I don't deny that there is acceleration and deceleration. I clearly said that you don't feel it because you and the Earth you are standing on are in free fall. I'm not surprised that you didn't bother to actually read what was written. We DO feel the rotation of the Earth but that is at most about 1/2 of 1% of that of gravity. Measurable but not something you'd notice. Yet another fail from Plat Terra.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 08:07:07 PM by frenat »

Plat Terra

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2019, 08:05:34 PM »

So you can't address that anything in orbit is in free fall and you don't feel forces while in free fall. Yet another fail from Plat Terra. How surprising that this is yet another subject that you don't understand.  ::)

It won't change the math.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2019, 08:08:10 PM »
Since I have answered your questions despite you not answering mine, I think it's only fair that I add one more question:

Why does Halley's Comet's tail always point away from the Sun?

What do you mean? If the tail always pointed away from the Sun it would crash into it.
???  Tom, are you under the impression that the tail has anything to do with the direction in which the comet is traveling?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

frenat

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2019, 08:10:30 PM »

So you can't address that anything in orbit is in free fall and you don't feel forces while in free fall. Yet another fail from Plat Terra. How surprising that this is yet another subject that you don't understand.  ::)

You're still unable to read. If the acceleration and deceleration is from being in orbit and the objects accelerating are in free fall, they won't feel it. It doesn't matter what the math says is how much they are accelerating. It is YOUR misunderstanding. Still another fail from Plat Terra. Thanks for the humor!

Plat Terra

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2019, 08:21:13 PM »

You're still unable to read. If the acceleration and deceleration is from being in orbit and the objects accelerating are in free fall, they won't feel it. It doesn't matter what the math says is how much they are accelerating. It is YOUR misunderstanding. Still another fail from Plat Terra. Thanks for the humor!

You still fail to understand it would be measurable and noticeable and especially here on Earth where there is nothing in a free fall.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2019, 08:21:39 PM »

Wow, that's a whole lotta 30 minutes of video no one should ever pay attention to. Let's just dispense with this one right quick so we can move on to the next one in your queue. So far there are like 30 Plat Terra dead bodies of failures behind you. Let's push for 31.

?

frenat

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »

You still fail to understand it would be measurable and noticeable and especially here on Earth where there is nothing in a free fall.
Nope. You and the Earth are in free fall around the Sun.

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2019, 08:32:14 PM »

What math? You have offered only words and unsubstantiated claims.

How big are these accelerations and decelerations? How do they compare with the acceleration of gravity? Show your work. If you can't explain your claims why should anyone believe that you understand what you're talking about?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2019, 10:39:50 PM »
Plat tera, shouldn't you be hard at work on your flat earth conference costume and diorama, instead of trying to prove the earth is flat? It would be nice to see you win at something! The Boston conference is only 6 weeks away.

The way you don't feel the earth's rotation and orbit around the sun, is like the way you don't feel debate failure. But both are very real.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2019, 07:19:13 AM »

What math? You have offered only words and unsubstantiated claims.

How big are these accelerations and decelerations? How do they compare with the acceleration of gravity? Show your work. If you can't explain your claims why should anyone believe that you understand what you're talking about?
Once the guy in the video got around to doing the math, he came up with a difference of about .02 m/s2.  That's a about .2% from the standard 9.8 m/s2.  There are greater gravitational changes attributed to oblateness of the earth than that.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:53:45 AM by markjo »

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2019, 09:12:11 AM »
Excellent work PlatTerra👍. Just more FE proof.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2019, 09:27:25 AM »

Which one?

The video which didn’t question what “yo-yo de-spin” meant when it flashed up just as the rocket “hit the dome”?

Or the guy who can’t differentiate between acceleration on a train or fairground ride and an object in free fall?

Plat Terra

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2019, 09:43:17 AM »

Which one?

The video which didn’t question what “yo-yo de-spin” meant when it flashed up just as the rocket “hit the dome”?

Or the guy who can’t differentiate between acceleration on a train or fairground ride and an object in free fall?

Which one are you in the pictures? Or are you one of the sent ones? I bet you are both!

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2207947#msg2207947

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2019, 10:02:09 AM »

Which one?

Which one are you in the pictures? Or are you one of the sent ones? I bet you are both!

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2207947#msg2207947

I’m just a regular guy wondering if flat earthers can really do this whole  “do your own research thing” they bang on about.

You see if were me, I’d probably be curious about what the words “yo-yo de-spin” might mean as they flash up on screen just as the rocket stops spinning.

Maybe worth looking up before declaring to the world that the rocket hit the dome.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2019, 10:14:12 AM »
You see if were me, I’d probably be curious about what the words “yo-yo de-spin” might mean as they flash up on screen just as the rocket stops spinning.
Or ask yourself why the camera keeps going up after it "hits the dome".

Plat Terra

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2019, 11:02:58 AM »
Houston has another problem.  Faking Outer Space.

But first, people had to be condition to believe in outer space. The conditioning first came through Disney entertainment. It was like a long-term joint investment that began long before NASA was founded.

The wonders of such an idea turned into profits and the fantasy was taken to a new level of space exploration.  The amount of profits was staggering. So NASA and others continued the ideas through media, but soon learned they had no choice but to fake it to keep the money flowing. 

Have a look at these interesting videos.

History of Fake Space | Outer Space Does Not Exist

Disney Presents: NASA on Thin Ice | Buzz Aldrin and the Masonic Moon

Follow the money.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:05:20 AM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »

But first, people had to be condition to believe in outer space. The conditioning first came through Disney entertainment. It was like a long-term joint investment that began long before NASA was founded.

The wonders of such an idea turned into profits and the fantasy was taken to a new level of space exploration.  The amount of profits was staggering. So NASA and others continued the ideas through media, but soon learned they had no choice but to fake it to keep the money flowing. 

Follow the money.

Disney, my arse. 

2001 was an MGM production.  Kubrick never worked with Disney in his life. 

In the 60s Disney was all about Princess fairytales and talking animals.  They didn’t attempt any space stuff until “The Black Hole”, which was a blatant attempt to cash in on Star Wars success.  Although it did weirdly depict hell at the end in a pretty ballsy change of direction that totally shit me up as a child. 

Dump on science and logic all you like, but when you start messing with my cherished nerd films, you cross the line my friend.

Plat Terra

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2019, 12:04:59 PM »

Follow the money.

Disney, my arse. 

2001 was an MGM production.  Kubrick never worked with Disney in his life. 

In the 60s Disney was all about Princess fairytales and talking animals.  They didn’t attempt any space stuff until “The Black Hole”, which was a blatant attempt to cash in on Star Wars success.  Although it did weirdly depict hell at the end in a pretty ballsy change of direction that totally shit me up as a child. 

Dump on science and logic all you like, but when you start messing with my cherished nerd films, you cross the line my friend.

Who said 2001 was a MGM production and Kubrick worked with Disney?

Quote and video time stamp please or we see you also use other lame arse tactics which have nothing to do with the videos in question.

You guys are always on the ropes not knowing how to respond. bleeeblabbabwbaw, arse. WOW!!

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2019, 12:10:44 PM »

Follow the money.

So, Russia and China and North Korea etc are also all working with Disney? I don't think they have Disney in North Korea. By the way, I'm just curious but why do you keep changing the subject after you have been proven wrong?

Plat Terra

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2019, 12:17:49 PM »

Follow the money.

So, Russia and China and North Korea etc are also all working with Disney? I don't think they have Disney in North Korea. By the way, I'm just curious but why do you keep changing the subject after you have been proven wrong?

Oh, look at you, you're on the ropes again by not answering to your lame arse tatics. WOW!!

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »

"1969 Apollo 11 lands on the Moon" looks correct to me , I can agree with that.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2019, 12:41:37 PM »
Is this timeline supposed to have any significance whatsoever?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2019, 12:51:13 PM »

Follow the money.

Oh, look at you, you're on the ropes again by not answering to your lame arse tatics. WOW!!

Seriously, you're hanging your FE belief on a "Disney/NASA" conspiracy? Disney? This is just downright silly and pretty much the lamest, weakest FE argument I've ever seen. But ok, if this is your best argument, great. So duly noted, Disney is at the root of all this planetary shape cover-up business. Well done. The cat is out of the bag. Now what? What would you like us to do with this astounding revelation?

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2019, 12:56:58 PM »

Who said 2001 was a MGM production and Kubrick worked with Disney?

Quote and video time stamp please or we see you also use other lame arse tactics which have nothing to do with the videos in question.

You guys are always on the ropes not knowing how to respond. bleeeblabbabwbaw, arse. WOW!!

Erm, you posted a timeline with stuff like when Disney was founded, when 2001 was shot, and when the moon landings happened.

Sorry if I gave you too much credit by assuming that was all supposed to mean something. 

Fine, so your point was “some stuff happened”?  Great.  I agree, some stuff happened.  Who cares?