Flight Time of Chile-Australia and Hong Kong-Canada Based on Flat Earth map

• 23 Replies
Hello! I am new to this forum and I recently saw the conference in Raleigh and I want to learn more about it!

I have read some articles and watched some videos relating to the Flat Earth Theory.

This idea came up into my mind as I have recently flew to Australia from Chile and I need an explanation for this.

According to the Flat Earth Map, the distance between Hong Kong and Toronto, Canada is significantly closer if it was to be compared with Santiago, Chile and Melbourne, Australia.

However, Flight time between Santiago, Chile and Melbourne, Australia is approximately 14 hours (based on LATAM Airlines LA805). On the other side, flight time between Hong Kong and Toronto, Canada is approximately 15 hours (based on Air Canada AC016).

I don't think the aircraft type and the cruising speed can make such a huge difference for large distances.

If the Earth is actually round, then airplanes can fly south from Australia and end up in South America.

If the Earth is Flat, its most direct route has to go a long distance across Asia, North Pole, and North America before reaching South America. (According to Flat Earth Map)

So how come Canada-Hong Kong flight Time is longer than Chile-Australia flight time? according to Flat Earth Map

Can somebody please give an explanation to this?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:50:47 AM by leeliu14 »

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
Those distances are possible in RFE map, and I guess the flight from Santiago to Melbourne goes circular. Is that right?
Your flight didn't go through Antartica, do you?
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

JackBlack

Those distances are possible in RFE map, and I guess the flight from Santiago to Melbourne goes circular. Is that right?
We have been over this, your RFE map just moves the problem.
It makes the many more flights around the NP impossible.

Danang

We have been over this, your RFE map just moves the problem.
It makes the many more flights around the NP impossible.

Let see this: From Norway goes to France for a transit, and then goes to Greenland for a transit and then goes to Canada as a final destination.

This very long journey is real. The map isn't applied by the pilots. They use emphyrical reference in reality. Real positions of Norway, Greenland n Canada cannot be manipulated as in (fake) globe map.

Have you tried drawing RFE map for your research? You'll see that its flight distance is not only huge, but also ineffective.
The trajectory through Russia-Iran-Somalia-South Africa-Argentine-Bolivia-Mexico-USA-Canada is the shortest way to go compared to the usual trajectory through Greenland.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:05:43 PM by Danang »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
But, just face the facts, 
your RFE map makes, the distance between Hong Kong and Toronto, Canada totally impossible to fly non-stop.

Then your ask, "Your flight didn't go through Antartica, do you?" What a silly question!
I know Santiago to Sydney better, so
look up details of say QANTAS QFA28 yourself and found that it does not fly over Antarctica and rarely flies further south than 70°S.

These two flights, Hong Kong to Toronto (or Tokyo to Los Angeles) and Santiago to Melbourne (or Santiago to Sydney), taken together prove that neither the usual "Ice-Wall map" nor your "Reverse Flat Earth map" is acceptable.

So, try again.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot

I don't think the aircraft type and the cruising speed can make such a huge difference for large distances.

Why not?

Danang

your RFE map makes, the distance between Hong Kong and Toronto, Canada totally impossible to fly non-stop.

Then your ask, "Your flight didn't go through Antartica, do you?" What a silly question!
look up details of say QANTAS QFA28 yourself and found that it does not fly over Antarctica and rarely flies further south than 70°S.

These two flights, Hong Kong to Toronto (or Tokyo to Los Angeles) and Santiago to Melbourne (or Santiago to Sydney), taken together prove that neither the usual "Ice-Wall map" nor your "Reverse Flat Earth map" is acceptable.

So, try again.

Of course for Santiago - Melbourne, by going curve, the distance n flight time will become making sense.

For flight Hongkong-Toronto,  there is Hawaii between both towns for transit, isn't it?

OR

Who says direct flight within such distance is impossible?

Wanna know the clue?
Please doing some jogging first before I come back.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Hello! I am new to this forum and I recently saw the conference in Raleigh and I want to learn more about it!

I have read some articles and watched some videos relating to the Flat Earth Theory.

This idea came up into my mind as I have recently flew to Australia from Chile and I need an explanation for this.

According to the Flat Earth Map, the distance between Hong Kong and Toronto, Canada is significantly closer if it was to be compared with Santiago, Chile and Melbourne, Australia.

However, Flight time between Santiago, Chile and Melbourne, Australia is approximately 14 hours (based on LATAM Airlines LA805). On the other side, flight time between Hong Kong and Toronto, Canada is approximately 15 hours (based on Air Canada AC016).

If the Earth is actually round, then airplanes can fly south from Australia and end up in South America.

If the Earth is Flat, its most direct route has to go a long distance across Asia, North Pole, and North America before reaching South America. (According to Flat Earth Map)

So how come Canada-Hong Kong flight Time is longer than Chile-Australia flight time? according to Flat Earth Map

Hello, wellcome.

Different types of airplanes have different speeds. It changes your mind about the distances. Actually a type of airplane should have about same speeds in every routes. But they have not. For example;

This is an A333 airplane has 575 kmh average speed. But it flights from Hong Kong to China with the speed of 414 kmh. But same airplane flights between Singapore to China may has 690kmh average speed about %50 more speed than the first path.

Links for those two path: Hong Kong-China
Singapore to China

What changed? Nothing has changed except path. The situation of same airplane has about %50 more speed in some directions and has about %50 less speed in some direction is logically meaningless. This is because, actually the distances are wrong.

Your question Hong Kong to Canada. Canada but Canada has no city in the northern side and most of them near to USA. Lets examine one of the routes:

Lets go with Air Canada from Toronto to Hong Kong:

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA15/history/20171215/1500Z/CYYZ/VHHH

Direct distance is 12.562 kms.

Average flight time: 15:30 hours. (You can find them in the chart in the page)

Average speed from Toronto to Hong Kong: 810 kms. This speed is practically impossible for a B77.

If we see the average speed of B77 types, its about 530 kms. So actually this path is shorter. This means:

Direct distance from Toronto to Hong Kong: 12.562 kms.
Real distance from Toronto to Hong Kong: 12.562*530/810 = 8219 kms.

The other route Qantas using good airplanes generally has 4 motors. The average time is 13 hours, but The estimated distance from Sydney to Santiago may be 11.353 true. Because B744 is a better aircraft has higher speed than a B737.

Link for this path: https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA28/history/20171215/1635Z/SCEL/YSSY

Even so I think the path between Sydney to Santiago may be a bit shorter. But this event doesn't change the result.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

So, try again.

Of course for Santiago - Melbourne, by going curve, the distance n flight time will become making sense.

For flight Hongkong-Toronto,  there is Hawaii between both towns for transit, isn't it?
No, the non-stop Toronto to Hong Kong flight goes nowhere near Hawaii. It flies far up towards the North Pole.
Have a look at this Air Canada flight,

Toronto Pearson Int'l - YYZ to Hong Kong Int'l - HKG, THURSDAY 14/12/2017
Quote from: Danang
OR
Wanna know the clue?
I'll leave it to you to fit that onto your RFE map.

JackBlack

Let see this: From Norway goes to France for a transit, and then goes to Greenland for a transit and then goes to Canada as a final destination.
You mean you can find a flight from Norway to France, then France to Greenland, then Greenland to Canada?
Guess what? That isn't the fastest journey.
Similarly, I can find a flight from Sydeny to Canada, then Canada to Canada, then Canada to Europe, Europe to Europe, then Europe to Africa.
Boy that sure seems long.

Stop ignoring the fact that there are short, direct flights that make no sense on your BS model.

Have you tried drawing RFE map for your research? You'll see that its flight distance is not only huge, but also ineffective.
I have. The flight distance on your RFE map makes no sense for many northern flights. Yet they still fly.
That sure makes it seem like your map is BS.

The trajectory through Russia-Iran-Somalia-South Africa-Argentine-Bolivia-Mexico-USA-Canada is the shortest way to go compared to the usual trajectory through Greenland.
Yet a flight that did that would take so much longer, and real flights don't follow your insane path.
Again, this indicates your map is BS.

Meanwhile, it makes perfect sense on a globe.

You can take flights to Hawaii, but not all flights between the 2 locations go over Hawaii.

Your map, which has the distance be far too great.
Meanwhile reality says your map is full of shit.

JackBlack

Re: Flight Time of Chile-Australia and Hong Kong-Canada Based on Flat Earth map
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 03:16:33 AM »
Different types of airplanes have different speeds. It changes your mind about the distances. Actually a type of airplane should have about same speeds in every routes. But they have not. For example;
No it shouldn't.
See, planes aren't made of magic.
They take time to accelerate and slow down, and fly and can fly faster the higher they are.
They also typically go slow on the final approach.

This means they won't magically start going at cruising speed at the start of the flight as they take-off and stop instantly from cruising speed as they land.

But this has the most significant effect on short flights making them appear quite slow. The longer the flight, the less significant the effect.

This is an A333 airplane has 575 kmh average speed. But it flights from Hong Kong to China with the speed of 414 kmh. But same airplane flights between Singapore to China may has 690kmh average speed about %50 more speed than the first path.
And notice how there are roughly 3 stages for both?
Take-off and ascent.
Cruise.
Landing.

Notice how each stage is basically the same for both aircraft?

Notice how the difference is how much time is spent in the cruise stage?

What changed? Nothing has changed except path.
What changed? The distance between the locations and thus the time spent in cruise.

Average speed from Toronto to Hong Kong: 810 kms. This speed is practically impossible for a B77.
If we see the average speed of B77 types, its about 530 kms.
You sure do love mixing up your units.
Its average speed is closer to 530 MILES per hour, not km per hour.
So, in kph, that works out to be ~850 km/hr.

So that sure seems to be fine.

In fact, the cruise speed for a 777 is 892 km/hr, with a max speed of 945 km/hr

So that means the path is fine, there is no reason to think it is magically shorter.

The other route Qantas using good airplanes generally has 4 motors. The average time is 13 hours
Really? It sure seems closer to 15 hours.

Because B744 is a better aircraft has higher speed than a B737.
You had a 777 before.
But yes, the 747 is slightly faster, with a cruise speed of 907 km/hr instead of 892....
So not much difference.
Over the course of 15 hours that would be 225 km.

Even so I think the path between Sydney to Santiago may be a bit shorter. But this event doesn't change the result.
Which just screws over the common FE map even more.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 03:39:36 PM »
No it shouldn't.
See, planes aren't made of magic.
They take time to accelerate and slow down, and fly and can fly faster the higher they are.
They also typically go slow on the final approach.

This means they won't magically start going at cruising speed at the start of the flight as they take-off and stop instantly from cruising speed as they land.

But this has the most significant effect on short flights making them appear quite slow. The longer the flight, the less significant the effect.

And notice how there are roughly 3 stages for both?
Take-off and ascent.
Cruise.
Landing.

Notice how each stage is basically the same for both aircraft?

Notice how the difference is how much time is spent in the cruise stage?

What changed? Nothing has changed except path.
What changed? The distance between the locations and thus the time spent in cruise.

If we see the average speed of B77 types, its about 530 kms.
You sure do love mixing up your units.
Its average speed is closer to 530 MILES per hour, not km per hour.
So, in kph, that works out to be ~850 km/hr.

So that sure seems to be fine.

In fact, the cruise speed for a 777 is 892 km/hr, with a max speed of 945 km/hr

So that means the path is fine, there is no reason to think it is magically shorter.

The other route Qantas using good airplanes generally has 4 motors. The average time is 13 hours
Really? It sure seems closer to 15 hours.

Because B744 is a better aircraft has higher speed than a B737.
You had a 777 before.
But yes, the 747 is slightly faster, with a cruise speed of 907 km/hr instead of 892....
So not much difference.
Over the course of 15 hours that would be 225 km.

Which just screws over the common FE map even more.

Thank you for the informative explanation. I will choose to believe that the Earth is sphere based on your explanations.

The RFE Map makes totally no sense for North-Pole flights, and the one who says B777 max speed is 530 kms makes totally no sense at all.

There were no good explanations to support that the Earth is flat.

Danang

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 10:52:36 AM »

So, try again.

No, the non-stop Toronto to Hong Kong flight goes nowhere near Hawaii. It flies far up towards the North Pole.

OR
Wanna know the clue?

There is something wrong with airplane speed. By the nature of the air, an airplane will go accelerating, not constant speed like land vehicles. Please check out this : https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=73477.0
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:29:40 AM by Danang »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 11:08:13 AM »

(Rubbish deleted...)

Thank you rabinoz/jackblack

You showed to everyone how you are a clone master.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

?

frenat

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »

Hello, wellcome.

Singapore to China

What changed? Nothing has changed except path. The situation of same airplane has about %50 more speed in some directions and has about %50 less speed in some direction is logically meaningless. This is because, actually the distances are wrong.
What changed is the shorter flight spends more time in takeoff, ascent, descent and landing  than the longer flight so it must spend much less time at cruising speed.  When a flight is at lower altitudes they have to go slower (250 mph speed limit below 10,000 feet and thicker air).  Your shorter flight was only 1 hour and likely never got to full cruising altitude.

?

frenat

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 11:45:44 AM »

So, try again.

OR
Wanna know the clue?

There is something wrong with airplane speed. By the nature of the air, an airplane will go accelerating, not constant speed like land vehicles. Please check out this : https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=73477.0
Wrong.  Air friction still exists.

Danang

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 12:29:28 PM »

So, try again.

OR
Wanna know the clue?

Air friction exists but gives mere a little resistance of airplane's acceleration/speed.
The air is not solid substance, it's different from vehicle's roads.

?

frenat

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 01:56:21 PM »

So, try again.

OR
Wanna know the clue?

Air friction exists but gives mere a little resistance of airplane's acceleration/speed.
It is more than a little resistance.  You're wrong.

JackBlack

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »
No. There is no problem.
By the nature of an aircraft, it will typically cruise at a fairly constant speed, where the thrust of the engines counters the air resistance.

Cars drive on roads, not through roads.
The main thing slowing a car down is air resistance. That is why it is so easy to keep them moving at low speeds, because air resistance is basically nothing; and why the aerodynamics of the vehicle is so important for highway fuel efficiency.

Yes, the air is much thinner where planes fly, but their speed is much greater.

Do you know what the main sound you hear from a plane often is?
The air rushing in to fill the void left by the plane.

JackBlack

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 02:10:43 PM »

You mean we showed how honest, rational arguments, with evidence to back it up, can convince people that are not too far gone?
While misrepresenting or just outright denying things doesn't help convince people?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2017, 03:33:59 PM »
(Rubbish deleted...)
Liar

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 10:16:42 AM »

Hello, wellcome.

Singapore to China

What changed is the shorter flight spends more time in takeoff, ascent, descent and landing  than the longer flight so it must spend much less time at cruising speed.  When a flight is at lower altitudes they have to go slower (250 mph speed limit below 10,000 feet and thicker air).  Your shorter flight was only 1 hour and likely never got to full cruising altitude.

First one is 436 miles and second one is more than 2800 miles. I think we should not consider the take off such as lost times.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

frenat

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »

Hello, wellcome.

Singapore to China

First one is 436 miles and second one is more than 2800 miles. I think we should not consider the take off such as lost times.
I didn't say it was lost time.  I said they are traveling SLOWER during this time.  I also said for such a short flight they likely NEVER got to cruising altitude and likely never got to cruising speed.

JackBlack

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 12:21:56 PM »
Take off and land consume considerable time and have a significantly lower average speed.

Looking at the graphs you can see just how much take off and landing took and what portion of the total flight time.
For Hong Kong -> Taiwan, the total flight time is 1 hour and 1 minute.
It took 10 to 15 minutes for takeoff until it started cruising.
Then at the end of the flight, it took roughly 25 minutes for landing.

So that is 35 to 40 minutes taken up with takeoff and landing.
That is over half the flight.
So that will have a major impact on the average speed.

For your second flight, Singapore to South Korea, the total flight time is now 6 hours and 37 minutes.
It had roughly 20 minutes for takeoff and 30 minutes for landing.
That is a total of 40 minutes.
That is now just 10% of the flight time.

Notice the massive difference?

Both were cruising at just below 600 miles per hour.