Atmosphere On Flat Earth

• 32 Replies
Re: Atmosphere On Flat Earth
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2024, 06:27:28 AM »
Sorry Sandhokan but you're a poser.
You claim a lot of stuff, but you can't back anything.
So how does the atmosphere behave on the flat earth model?
No answer....So much for "debate" Or perhaps you're looking for an obscure note from a scientist written in 1847 to back up your silly claims?
Like holding the sun up with Tesla's death ray. That was a good one.

Why would one expect the atmospheric pressure profile to be different from the globe earth model?  If it is different, it can be chalked up to "perspective".

You do realize I have not received one coherent answer to my original post?

Is that unusual for a flat earth discussion?  I've seen little evidence that the flat earthers have much of an idea of how a flat earth can operate. 

I don't know why, but I expected there to actually be a description of a flat earth model, but I think I've been educated on just how poorly the flat earthers are at developing a workable model.  It's more of a thin bit of rigor, and people standing around saying, "I don't know how it actually works." 

Oh, let's not forget the ones who can weave some equations together, which have nothing to do with a flat earth model, but like to impress others here with their math skills.  Yeah, sure, we need a way to calculate natural logarithms, other than pressing the natural logarithm button on our calculators. 

Here's my take on the atmosphere issue.  With the earth being flat, and not spinning, there does need to be something to keep the atmosphere from sliding off the earth.  So, either there has to be, not a few hundred feet high wall at the periphery of the of the flat earth, but miles high, enough to keep the atmosphere from sliding over it. 

Or, a dome would do the same thing.  But how would such a dome or such high walls have come into being?  This is just such a strange design for an earth.  Maybe the flying spaghetti monster built it? 

For a flat earther, the snow globe earth is the entire universe. There is nothing outside it. There are no "other" planets. Thete is no outer space. There are just pretty lights on the dome everybody else calls stars or moons, or galaxies, or planets.

As for Sandykhunt, he is just an old school flat earther. His entire purpose in life, is to make academics like Jack Black, run around like a chook with it's head cut off, checking obscure lengthy scientific and mathematical sounding formulas and wasting as much of other's time as humanly possible. He is literally peddling the formula for wasted time disguised as literal formulas.

Haven't you noticed when you get a splinter, it's always the little pricks that are the most painful?

Atmosphere in a dome would not be denser at earth surface and thinner as you get higher. It would be pressurised and equal everywhere under the dome - which it simply is not. Remember - flat earthers do not accept the concept of gravity either. Flat earth scholars (dunce hat wearers) cannot adequately explain anything for their flat earth model, which is why no to-scale physical flat earth model exists.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 06:38:13 AM by Smoke Machine »

EarthIsRotund

• Earth is round. Yes.
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2024, 07:05:03 AM »
No answer....So much for "debate" Or perhaps you're looking for an obscure note from a scientist written in 1847 to back up your silly claims?

Why would one expect the atmospheric pressure profile to be different from the globe earth model?  If it is different, it can be chalked up to "perspective".

Is that unusual for a flat earth discussion?  I've seen little evidence that the flat earthers have much of an idea of how a flat earth can operate. 

I don't know why, but I expected there to actually be a description of a flat earth model, but I think I've been educated on just how poorly the flat earthers are at developing a workable model.  It's more of a thin bit of rigor, and people standing around saying, "I don't know how it actually works." 

Oh, let's not forget the ones who can weave some equations together, which have nothing to do with a flat earth model, but like to impress others here with their math skills.  Yeah, sure, we need a way to calculate natural logarithms, other than pressing the natural logarithm button on our calculators. 

Here's my take on the atmosphere issue.  With the earth being flat, and not spinning, there does need to be something to keep the atmosphere from sliding off the earth.  So, either there has to be, not a few hundred feet high wall at the periphery of the of the flat earth, but miles high, enough to keep the atmosphere from sliding over it. 

Or, a dome would do the same thing.  But how would such a dome or such high walls have come into being?  This is just such a strange design for an earth.  Maybe the flying spaghetti monster built it? 

Yes, no. Look, if the dome is the reason why atmosphere is kept above the earth, you have to tell why there is a pressure gradient? In a round earth, gravity causes the pressure gradient, but what reason would a flat earth have? Of course, gravity is not a reason, because gravity would inevitably imply a round earth, so what other reason?

Also what in the cursed fuck is that abomination?
I love Mairimashita Iruma Kun

gnuarm

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2024, 03:11:54 PM »

Yes, no. Look, if the dome is the reason why atmosphere is kept above the earth, you have to tell why there is a pressure gradient? In a round earth, gravity causes the pressure gradient, but what reason would a flat earth have? Of course, gravity is not a reason, because gravity would inevitably imply a round earth, so what other reason?

Also what in the cursed fuck is that abomination?

You should not speak of the Flying Spaghetti Monster this way.  You really don't want to piss him off. 

I rather expected this web site to be very popular among the Pastafarians.  I'm surprised I haven't met any yet.