CALLING ALL ROUND EARTHERS

• 230 Replies

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
Re: CALLING ALL ROUND EARTHERS
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2009, 09:59:25 AM »
Of course i start typed, someone has to be the first, have im right? There's no logic in your theory about mentally retarded ERs, at all, it's just an another typichal internet-troll-scum -thing you're doing because you have too much time for it.
RE'ers (generally) have worse grammar, which is an indication of being less intelligent.

« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
So you believe that over 6 milliard humans are hanging around on this forum? Gosh, you have much lower intellect that i though!

« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2009, 01:11:40 PM »
So you believe that over 6 milliard humans are hanging around on this forum? Gosh, you have much lower intellect that i though!

And you are intellignet?

Seripuss, Do me a favour and stop post.
Their are 2 large concave mirrors that have been attached to the sun which can be remotely controlled to point the rays wherever they are needed.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
Even RE'ers are yelling at RE'ers for having bad grammar. This renews my faith in humanity. Wait..not renew.....that's not the word....destroys, that's the word.

?

Skeptik

« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2009, 01:15:18 PM »

And you are intellignet?

Seripuss, Do me a favour and stop post

Speaking of grammar...

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »
Even RE'ers are yelling at RE'ers for having bad grammar. This renews my faith in humanity. Wait..not renew.....that's not the word....destroys, that's the word.

?

Skeptik

« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2009, 01:19:11 PM »
Meh, there are 6+ BILLION REers... I don't mind that some of them have bad grammar...

« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2009, 04:06:39 PM »
I only did that cause I can.  ::)
Their are 2 large concave mirrors that have been attached to the sun which can be remotely controlled to point the rays wherever they are needed.

« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »
Of course i start typed, someone has to be the first, have im right? There's no logic in your theory about mentally retarded ERs, at all, it's just an another typichal internet-troll-scum -thing you're doing because you have too much time for it.
RE'ers (generally) have worse grammar, which is an indication of being less intelligent.

You're still wrong.
Hast seen the white whale?

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »

You're still wrong.
If two people were identical in every detectable way, except one had vastly inferior grammar, who would you assume is smarter?

?

hi

• Love the debate, hate the stupidity!
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »

You're still wrong.
If two people were identical in every detectable way, except one had vastly inferior grammar, who would you assume is smarter?
You might assume, but assuming doesn't mean anything. If anything it shows your stupidity.

Just my opinion though.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2009, 08:31:54 PM »

You're still wrong.
You might assume, but assuming doesn't mean anything. If anything it shows your stupidity.

Just my opinion though.
I used the wrong term. In reality, you are making an educated guess.

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2009, 08:08:50 AM »

You're still wrong.

Well...since I'm a professional in a field that works directly with those types of issues, I know enough to understand that I couldn't assume anything about those two individuals.

However, now that I think about it, you did say that they were identical in EVERY way except grammar, so I'd say they were identical with regards to intelligence, simply by virtue of the way you set up the scenario.

I see that the question that I asked you a long time ago in this thread about defining intelligence has gone unanswered.

?

targetbuddy

« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »
To be a realist (and nobody likes a realist), you can't define intelligence, because it is an abstract idea, and every single person's perspective on the true meaning of something that cannot be defined as a physical object is bound to be at least a tiny bit different.

Answering the original question, I believe the Earth is round because I believe that I can provide supple evidence to the theory. I'm not going to quote Einstein, or use gravity, or any of that stuff. I'll simply say that I have seen the horizon. As a matter of fact, I've seen it at least a million times, as have all of you. And I ask you; why does the horizon exist? It exists for the simple reason that we cannot see the entire earth at once, and there exists a line at which you stop seeing land/water and start seeing sky. If the earth was flat, this line would not exist, as we would (assuming we can perceive light at the other "end" of the earth) see the entire earth to either side of us. Rather, we would see everything to a point where the buildings and wildlife impede our vision and prevent us from seeing any further, which we occasionally do, but not always, as anyone who has been in an open field can testify.
If you have any proof which may render this evidence to be invalid, please state it. I will be more than glad to give you a few other reasons.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »
You linked to a random site saying they had dyslexia. I guess everything on this site is true as well.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2009, 06:12:52 PM »
May I see some proof that all those people had dyslexia?

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2009, 06:31:06 PM »
May I see some proof that all those people had dyslexia?

You haven't learned the last lesson yet. When you feel adaquately ashamed from those dumb comments you made (and I'm talking about "Dyslexia is a form of mental retardation." and "grammar is an indication of being less intelligent") we can move onto more interesting stuff.

PM me your appology if you feel too ashamed to post it here.

It's a known fact that I will never learn.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2009, 07:37:27 PM »
It's a known fact that I will never learn.

No! Don't put yourself down like that! You are a special person who likes to learn at his own pace. You probably need a tactile learning environment too, which most schools can't afford to provide. :( Ask your school councillor about after school "special learner" clubs.
I know, my mommy says I have a form of mental retardation called "dyslexia".

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2009, 09:02:55 PM »
Intelligence is meant as an aptitude for learning.  What it really asks is the following question: HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU BEFORE IT SINKS INTO THAT THICK SKULL?

Naturally, the phrase "OF YOURS" is assumed at the end.

Ergo, the less time it takes one to learn something (we define "time" as "number of tries"), the more intelligent we can reasonably claim that person to be.

So.  Practicing grammar and punctuations, coupled with an awareness for syntax and clarity, can lead to a healthy method of communication.

« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2009, 06:44:45 AM »
To be a realist (and nobody likes a realist), you can't define intelligence, because it is an abstract idea, and every single person's perspective on the true meaning of something that cannot be defined as a physical object is bound to be at least a tiny bit different.

Don't tell that to Raymond Cattell, John Horn, or John Carroll, nor to the growing contingency of groups that develop cognitive assessment instruments based on their theory.

« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2009, 06:48:03 AM »
Intelligence is meant as an aptitude for learning.  What it really asks is the following question: HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU BEFORE IT SINKS INTO THAT THICK SKULL?

That would be an example of poor instructional technique.

By the way, aptitude is not the same as achievement. You seem to want to suggest that you can tell how intelligent someone is by measuring their achievement against how many times you had to instruct them. There are a number of problems with that, one of which is the previously mentioned poor instructional technique.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2009, 10:01:43 AM »

That would be an example of poor instructional technique.

By the way, aptitude is not the same as achievement. You seem to want to suggest that you can tell how intelligent someone is by measuring their achievement against how many times you had to instruct them. There are a number of problems with that, one of which is the previously mentioned poor instructional technique.

I assumed the vulgar language and all-caps text would have shown that I was to be taken lightly, with a spoonful of sugar well-mixed.  In conjunction with taking me seriously, I also appreciate you telling me things I already know.

?

disneynature

« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2009, 10:29:55 AM »
The earth is not a flat planet, but is in fact round.

This is proven by how one can fly from Tokyo to Vancouver and you don't fly across Russia or Germany. This also proves that both Canada and Russia have leases to the North Pole, along with Norway.

The flat earth does not exist and it couldn't exist.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2009, 10:57:35 AM »

This is proven by how one can fly from Tokyo to Vancouver and you don't fly across Russia or Germany. This also proves that both Canada and Russia have leases to the North Pole, along with Norway.

Read the FAQ
Lurk moar
Use the search function.

ozmax

• bhut seks
« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »

you'll never fit in here with posts like that
advocate of simulated commiseration

?

Abysmal

• now with more tentacles
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »
cmon gaise, dos gramer reelly mater that mutch on teh Intraweb? I meen serusly, Is justa Intrnet foorm websiet.
Former Satanic Conspirator-now i've seen the bendy light.

« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2009, 06:52:21 PM »

I have a master's degree in creative writing and a master's degree in educational psychology. I can state with some authority that you are wrong.
OOOOOO CREATIVE WRITING. YOU AM VERY SMRT. DO ME NAO? Get some real degrees, faggot.

Well, your point was that FEers are more educated, and by extension, smarter. That's clearly not the case as I am well-educated, intellectually capable, and a round earth believer.

Now, you've shown your true level of intellect by stooping to childish personal attacks because I have a terminal degree addressing the exact skill set that is being discussed here. I notice that you did not say anything about my other area of expertise (and for the record, I'm at the master's level now, but am currently about half-way through a doctoral program). Perhaps because you don't know what an educational psychologist/school psychologist does?

Basically, one very over-simplified way of looking at it is that I give IQ tests for a living. I've given the WISC-IV, the WAIS-III, the Stanford-Binet V, the KABC-2, the DAS-2, and the WJ-III on numerous occasions. I've also studied virtually every other standardized assessment of cognitive abilities on the market. I can assure you that none of those instruments have a subtest designed to measure grammatical ability.

There are many things that contribute to poor grammar, many of which have nothing to do with intelligence. Many have nothing to do with education level either. There are many people who have learning disabilities in one area that are highly gifted intellectually in other areas. Additionally, many people do not have the benefit of equal quality education. People in poor communities might attain the same level of education as those from priveleged communities, yet not acquire the same skills due to lack of money to support quality services. That doesn't even consider the factor of immigration and how acculturation affects language development. You throw around the word "smart" like it's this easily-defined concept. I'd like to see you give a comprehensive definition of "smart" that would validate your claim that intelligence and good grammar go hand-in-hand.

By the way, you get very hostile and defensive when someone challenges your uninformed opinions, don't you?

I know its random (yes, Im the O.P. round earther for this thread, and I still know that F.E., especially Waste, who himself is a waste), but what is the highest I.Q. you have ever seen?

What was that person like?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2009, 07:43:05 PM »
cmon gaise, dos gramer reelly mater that mutch on teh Intraweb?

It does if you want to be taken seriously.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »
Ergo, the less time it takes one to learn something (we define "time" as "number of tries"), the more intelligent we can reasonably claim that person to be.

So.  Practicing grammar and punctuations, coupled with an awareness for syntax and clarity, can lead to a healthy method of communication.

Non sequitur. Yes, less time to learn something can be an indicator of intelligence, no this does not mean practicing grammar and punctuation leads on from this.

I'm not sure you're getting this either. Let's try again. There's no absolute correlation between spelling and intelligence. There exist very intelligent people who cannot spell. There exist very stupid people who exhibit flawless grammar.

Are you an idiot?

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2009, 01:09:02 AM »
I know, my mommy says I have a form of mental retardation called "dyslexia".
Your mother told me you were just shit at spelling. *shrugs*