Just a quick thought

• 13 Replies
Just a quick thought
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »
What if someone who knew the secret wrote a book explaining the whole truth to the world, how they did it, why they're doing it, and what the actual shape of the earth is. Wouldn't they be able to benefit by making lots of money on the book, instead of hiding the secret and just being paid by the government? Don't you think that by now someone would've thought of this already?

Re: Just a quick thought
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 10:09:36 PM »
Are you kidding? They'd be ridiculed, called a phoney, taken in for questioning, laughed out into the streets, then screamed at from all four corners of the earth that they were full of crap and keep walking MORON!

... or something like that. Besides, do you really think the government would LET this person reveal their secret after so many years of a deal like that?

I mean just think man, they torture you for tax refunds - what would they do to you for spilling the beans?!?!?!? ;D

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:13:50 PM »
Are you kidding? They'd be ridiculed, called a phoney, taken in for questioning, laughed out into the streets, then screamed at from all four corners of the earth that they were full of crap and keep walking MORON!

No, your discounting peer review and the scrutiny of intelligent and learned people.

... or something like that. Besides, do you really think the government would LET this person reveal their secret after so many years of a deal like that?

I mean just think man, they torture you for tax refunds - what would they do to you for spilling the beans?!?!?!? ;D

If the information was in the public domain the "Governments" actions would be transparent.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:19:02 PM »

Honestly? 

I don't think any of that would happen.

I mean, have you seen some of the shit people write?!

Seriously.

You can write ANYthing nowadays, and no one looks at you cross-eyed.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 10:21:17 PM »

Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't want to read the book?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 10:22:43 PM »
What if someone who knew the secret wrote a book explaining the whole truth to the world, how they did it, why they're doing it, and what the actual shape of the earth is. Wouldn't they be able to benefit by making lots of money on the book, instead of hiding the secret and just being paid by the government? Don't you think that by now someone would've thought of this already?

It's possible, but there are quite a few factors to deal with.

First, they'd have to be in a position to know of everything.

Next, they'd have to work out that they would actually make more money with this book. Given that they get an annual paycheck of a large sum of money, I can't see a book like that working out to be more profitable (depending on their age). After that, they'd have to compile all the evidence (assuming there even is any) without letting others near the top find out.

Not to mention that even if the book did come out, they'd have essentially the entire world against them. Experts and such would be brought in and it would essentially be this forum (with Gulliver and sokarul-type people) multiplied by 100.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure if they considered writing the book they would not be concerned about how much they will make off of it compared to how much they were already being paid. If the book were to be published it would probably make more then enough money to last a lifetime, and he/she would be credited as courageous for speaking out against the government.
You can't deny the fact that it is probable to happen if in fact the conspiracy were true.
Not to mention the amount of people that the government would have to pay off...money doesn't grow on tree's.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:43:17 PM »
The government wouldn't knowingly be paying anyone off.

I don't doubt that they perhaps, wouldn't be concerned about the money. It's just the aspect of actually releasing the book that gives rise to lots of things.

Can they write well enough to publish a book?
Is there even any evidence to utilize other than a story?
Has he (or she) collected enough evidence that would be sufficient to sway people?

Releasing this book (assuming they don't do it anonymously), would bring tons of media attention. You'd also have to deal with whether or not they want to deal with that.

Are they just going to release the book and not comment ever?
Will they be content with letting people think they are a whack-job?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 10:45:07 PM »

Honestly? 

I don't think any of that would happen.

I mean, have you seen some of the shit people write?!

Seriously.

You can write ANYthing nowadays, and no one looks at you cross-eyed.

It would have trouble finding a place in the mainstream press, because it wouldn't be taken seriously.  Shuffled under to some ramshackle independent publisher, well, it wouldn't be taken seriously anyway.  If it was in fact able to get published at all.  The conspiracy would probably put a stop to it.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 10:45:31 PM »
Read my Conspiracy Compendium, which is still linked in the FAQ. It'll explain most of why it hasn't been leaked yet. All-in-all, it just wouldn't go anywhere.

~D-Draw

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 10:50:05 PM »
The government wouldn't knowingly be paying anyone off.

I don't doubt that they perhaps, wouldn't be concerned about the money. It's just the aspect of actually releasing the book that gives rise to lots of things.

Can they write well enough to publish a book?
Is there even any evidence to utilize other than a story?
Has he (or she) collected enough evidence that would be sufficient to sway people?

Releasing this book (assuming they don't do it anonymously), would bring tons of media attention. You'd also have to deal with whether or not they want to deal with that.

Are they just going to release the book and not comment ever?
Will they be content with letting people think they are a whack-job?

Anyone can write a book.  Even Paris Hilton.  (eww)

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 10:55:52 PM »
It's pretty much guaranteed that she got assistance with that book, not to mention that a Paris book would sell a large quantity alone.

If you have a poor writer trying to write something about the Earth really being flat, with the space agencies of the world in a vast conspiracy, I can't see many publishers jumping at the opportunity. If they could write well, and had their evidence, that would drastically alter that view of them though.
objectively good

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 10:58:37 PM »
Oh, I agree with you.

I wasn't arguing that a book written by someone "on the inside" of the conspiracy would sell well.  No, quite the contrary.  However, I do not agree with what Mystified believes would happen "on the street" to someone who would write such a book.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 11:36:14 PM »
Actually.. I agree with you as well, because the latter part of my post got chunked off for some reason... either that or I just imagined typing it (could be I guess. I need more coffee and I'm tired of waiting for my plane).

My ending tag line was..............

[Or, it might start a huge backlash unseen since Hubbard!]

C-Me!

P.S. My post, including this one, is in it's entirety a joke people. I only jest because I care. ;)