Yes, the ISS is REAL...hard to believe isn't it

• 124 Replies
Yes, the ISS is REAL...hard to believe isn't it
« on: March 01, 2016, 09:56:02 AM »
In the demented world of a Flatearther, the entire world is one giant conspiracy with the hidden flat earth at the cusp...yes, it just all makes so much sense, NOT.  Well, I won't really spend too much time explaining why I think flat earthers are absolute nutters and paranoid, so instead I thought I'd share a fantastic short documentary on the ISS, which is narrated by Sunita Williams, a NASA astronaut.  She basically takes you around on an un-edited tour of the ISS with very long scenes, which should even convince the staunchest nut that this is for real.  Loved it...and loved the shots of the ROUND EARTH from the windows. 

I hope you'll all enjoy it and just maybe this is help at least a few lost souls snap back to reality:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Re: Yes, the ISS is REAL...hard to believe isn't it
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 12:32:42 PM »
FE101: Everything NASA claims is a lie. All photos and videos produced by NASA are fraudulent, regardless of how difficult or impossible they might be to fake. There is no need to examine them or even attempt to prove their veracity, regardless of how easy it actually is to do that in the modern era.

Yendor

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »
I don't want to be too critical about your ISS, so I only spent a few minutes to check out this video. I had actually watched it before. I thought I'd document a few things that looked a little funny to me and list them below. I'm not looking for a fight. If you want to discuss them, be my guest.

1. Her neckless is going all over the place, yet all the wires are not moving much if any.
2. Her hair seems to stay straight up above her head even when she tilts it down.
It looks very unsafe to me to have all those dangling wires and cables around. Some could pull the wires out of the actual connectors. One minute into the video we see kind of large white cables just hanging there in mid air, yet her hair is standing straight up. Do you think this is a proper way cables should be secured?
3. 1:13 minutes into the video she is on the ceiling stretched straight out, yet her hair is not pointing up now, it is still standing straight up above her head.
4. 1:23 minutes in the video she has no problem kicking the coiled cable out of her way. Like it isn't important anyway. Why would they leave cable laying around like that anyway? Who does that?
5. At 0:50 minutes into the video I noticed a loud noise could suddenly be heard that sounded much like an engine of some sort. What could that sound be?
6. 2:38 minutes into the video, just above her right arm, there looks to be a printed circuit board that what looks to have green lit LEDs just hanging there by the cables. Is that safe leaving a powered printed circuit board hanging around? Who would do that?
7. 3:04 minutes into the video the noise I mentioned in 5. suddenly got louder. I swear it sounded like a jet engine to me.

I could go on but no point in that.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 02:49:55 PM »
I agree with Yendor.   Even when they released all those images from one of the Apollo missions not long ago, I noticed all kinds of funny business.  It makes sense to me they will always have trouble creating a realistic environment, and pictures of the earth, space etc, if it is ultimately not real.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 03:18:47 PM »
I don't want to be too critical about your ISS, so I only spent a few minutes to check out this video. I had actually watched it before. I thought I'd document a few things that looked a little funny to me and list them below. I'm not looking for a fight. If you want to discuss them, be my guest.
I don't see anything in your comments that suggests she is not in the ISS and lots that suggests that she is - especially how she can move around equally well in three dimensions and the behavior of her hair, jewelry, and the cable bundles. All of these are exactly as would be expected in a free-fall (a.k.a. "weightless") environment.

1. Her neckless necklace is going all over the place, yet all the wires are not moving much if any.

She's moving around and the equipment the wires are attached to is not.

2. Her hair seems to stay straight up above her head even when she tilts it down.

Yep. It sure does. That's because she's in free fall. There's no force pulling her hair any particular way, it has some rigidity but little mass, so it doesn't move (much) wrt to her scalp. If you've ever seen an electrostatic generator to make someone's hair stand on end, you'd know that even a small electrostatic charge would make hair do that when it isn't being pulled down.

It looks very unsafe to me to have all those dangling wires and cables around. Some could pull the wires out of the actual connectors.

Yeah... we know that's your thing.

In working labs cables are often not tied securely to the equipment they're used with. If you've ever been in a working lab you might know this. The ISS is a working lab.

One minute into the video we see kind of large white cables just hanging there in mid air, yet her hair is standing straight up.

Yeah, OK. Remember, the whole station is in free fall, so that would be expected. What did you expect these things to look like? Hanging down? Which way is "down"?

Do you think this is a proper way cables should be secured?

The builders didn't ask my opinion about it, but what they're doing is probably a compromise between utility and neatness and appears to work, so my opinion of cable stowage isn't particularly germane.

3. 1:13 minutes into the video she is on the ceiling stretched straight out, yet her hair is not pointing up now, it is still standing straight up above her head.

Yep. It's because she's in free-fall. That's because she's in orbit inside the ISS. Pretty cool and looks like fun, doesn't it?

4. 1:23 minutes in the video she has no problem kicking the coiled cable out of her way. Like it isn't important anyway.

She touches it with her foot, anyway. Have you ever touched a cable bundle with your foot? Did doing so cause some particular problem?

Why would they leave cable laying around like that anyway?

You will have to ask the designers or occupants of the ISS the reason why that's done if you want a definitive answer. It's probably for reasons of practicality, but that's just a guess.

Who does that?

Lots of people do.

5. At 0:50 minutes into the video I noticed a loud noise could suddenly be heard that sounded much like an engine of some sort. What could that sound be?

Machinery of some kind?

6. 2:38 minutes into the video, just above her right arm, there looks to be a printed circuit board that what looks to have green lit LEDs just hanging there by the cables. Is that safe leaving a powered printed circuit board hanging around? Who would do that?

Maybe we're not looking at the same thing, but some equipment attached to the wall in the upper right part of the frame has green lights on it. It looks fully enclosed to me. Is that what you're commenting on? At  least the lights are green. If they were flashing red, that might indicate a problem of some kind.

7. 3:04 minutes into the video the noise I mentioned in 5. suddenly got louder. I swear it sounded like a jet engine to me.

OK. It's nice to know what you swear it sounds like to you. I guess...

You're right!!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Yendor

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »
I don't see anything in your comments that suggests she is not in the ISS and lots that suggests that she is - especially how she can move around equally well in three dimensions and the behavior of her hair, jewelry, and the cable bundles. All of these are exactly as would be expected in a free-fall (a.k.a. "weightless") environment.

1. Her neckless necklace is going all over the place, yet all the wires are not moving much if any.

She's moving around and the equipment the wires are attached to is not.

Yep. It sure does. That's because she's in free fall. There's no force pulling her hair any particular way, it has some rigidity but little mass, so it doesn't move (much) wrt to her scalp. If you've ever seen an electrostatic generator to make someone's hair stand on end, you'd know that even a small electrostatic charge would make hair do that when it isn't being pulled down.

It looks very unsafe to me to have all those dangling wires and cables around. Some could pull the wires out of the actual connectors.

Yeah... we know that's your thing.

In working labs cables are often not tied securely to the equipment they're used with. If you've ever been in a working lab you might know this. The ISS is a working lab.

One minute into the video we see kind of large white cables just hanging there in mid air, yet her hair is standing straight up.

Yeah, OK. Remember, the whole station is in free fall, so that would be expected. What did you expect these things to look like? Hanging down? Which way is "down"?

Do you think this is a proper way cables should be secured?

The builders didn't ask my opinion about it, but what they're doing is probably a compromise between utility and neatness and appears to work, so my opinion of cable stowage isn't particularly germane.

Yep. It's because she's in free-fall. That's because she's in orbit inside the ISS. Pretty cool and looks like fun, doesn't it?

4. 1:23 minutes in the video she has no problem kicking the coiled cable out of her way. Like it isn't important anyway.

She touches it with her foot, anyway. Have you ever touched a cable bundle with your foot? Did doing so cause some particular problem?

Why would they leave cable laying around like that anyway?

You will have to ask the designers or occupants of the ISS the reason why that's done if you want a definitive answer. It's probably for reasons of practicality, but that's just a guess.

Who does that?

Lots of people do.

Machinery of some kind?

Maybe we're not looking at the same thing, but some equipment attached to the wall in the upper right part of the frame has green lights on it. It looks fully enclosed to me. Is that what you're commenting on? At  least the lights are green. If they were flashing red, that might indicate a problem of some kind.

OK. It's nice to know what you swear it sounds like to you. I guess...

You're right!!

One thing about you Alpha, is you never see the obvious. I've gone on about this stuff many times before with you and I'm so surprised that, even though you have worked in the electronic industry the same as me, you don't seem to recognize things out of the norm. I don't know, maybe the kind of work environment you are used to is different then what I'm used to. I just don't understand how you can downgrade yourself like you do. Just to prove to others you are part of the gang. If you don't see the circuit board hanging in the air, I'll point it out to you if you want. What difference does it make if the LEDs are red or green. It takes power to light them any color.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 04:52:32 PM »
One thing about you Alpha, is you never see the obvious. I've gone on about this stuff many times before with you and I'm so surprised that, even though you have worked in the electronic industry the same as me, you don't seem to recognize things out of the norm.

Well, a free-fall environment is hardly the norm, which is why things look different on the ISS than they do on earth.

I don't know, maybe the kind of work environment you are used to is different then what I'm used to.

Apparently it is. I worked in an environment where we hired people who were competent. Because of this, the equipment we designed and built was actually used by our customers, not discarded without being used as you said yours was.

I am technical and i have spent many months developing products for the government that I know ended up on the scrap heap.

I can see why this happened.

I just don't understand how you can downgrade yourself like you do. Just to prove to others you are part of the gang.

I don't quite follow this. I get along fine with normal, functioning, productive people by interacting with them as a rational person. If you consider rational thought as a "downgrade" it would certainly explain your posts here.

If you don't see the circuit board hanging in the air, I'll point it out to you if you want.

Yes, please do. Like I said, I may not be talking about the same thing you were. It's entirely possible I missed seeing what you're talking about.

What difference does it make if the LEDs are red or green. It takes power to light them any color.

None, really... I was just trying to introduce a little levity into the discussion.

Apparently you have no further comments about your other "findings" and you're satisfied with my explanations. Good!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 05:23:52 PM »
Hopefully this thread can become entertaining like some of the ISS discussions (I use that word lightly) in the past where, when asked to explain how this 0g 'fakeness' is achieved, FE'ers had to resort to secret anti-gravity machines and magic.

I also love how FE'ers, like Yendor, love to point out irrelevant minor details in videos like these (background noise, cables, hair) but refrain from explaining how they're filming these extended (+2 minutes) 0g cuts. Perhaps it's an attempt to derail, I don't know, but could very well be an attempt to avoid the really hard questions.

Some objections in the past about these videos has been that they don't show the earth from the ISS windows. Well, many videos do, including the one in the OP, but no doubt it's all still fake... somehow.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 06:08:31 PM »
Overall they are pretty good at making fake ISS scenes. Yendor is just pointing out some of the obvious flaws. You can ignore the points. Or maybe explain why we can hear the jet engines.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 06:17:42 PM »
Sounded like the air system.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »
Yendor is just pointing out some of the obvious flaws.

What Yendor points out are things he just doesn't understand and thinks (or claims, without really believing it himself) are flaws.

You can ignore the points.

Did I miss any? If so, apologies. What are they?

I'm still waiting for his clarification on the one part of my reply that he commented on.

Or maybe explain why we can hear the jet engines.

First, you need to establish that what Yendor thinks sound like jet engines actually, y'know, are jet engines.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 06:24:18 PM »

What Yendor points out are things he just doesn't understand and thinks (or claims, without really believing it himself) are flaws.

I'm still waiting for his clarification on the one part of my reply that he commented on.

First, you need to establish that what Yendor thinks sound like jet engines actually, y'know, are jet engines.
Ok, no real answers. Got it.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 06:24:55 PM »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »

Ok, so no real objections to video(s). Earth is round, case is closed. Got it.

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 06:29:22 PM »
Some objections in the past about these videos has been that they don't show the earth from the ISS windows. Well, many videos do, including the one in the OP, but no doubt it's all still fake... somehow.

Go to 12:16. The windows distort the earth.  It shows a curve but that curve is never continued from window to window which means they are looking through curved windows.  So Even in 'space' the horizon is flat because guess what, the earth is flat.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 06:33:41 PM »

Go to 12:16. The windows distort the earth.  It shows a curve but that curve is never continued from window to window which means they are looking through curved windows.  So Even in 'space' the horizon is flat because guess what, the earth is flat.

Uh,  no, there are several cameras outside the ISS,  the outside live video stream is not distorted by windows.    Does that live video feed look flat to you?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 06:57:41 PM »

Uh,  no, there are several cameras outside the ISS,  the outside live video stream is not distorted by windows.    Does that live video feed look flat to you?

What does the outside camera have to do with the inside of the ISS video from the OP.  The inside camera can be just a regular camera they use to film their talks, which sometimes looks through curved windows and the outside camera can be setup to take a feed and have it auto manipulated.  Look I'm growing tired of completely destroying ISS, NASA, and all this fake nonsense they put out.  It doesn't make me happy anymore.  They have all kinds of tricks and if you're interested, you can figure out what they're doing.  They should just tell people the truth.

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 07:12:24 PM »

The answers are right there in my response to Yendor.

Anything more on the "jet engines"? No? OK. Got it.

Did I miss anything? No? Got it.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »
What does the outside camera have to do with the inside of the ISS video from the OP.  The inside camera can be just a regular camera they use to film their talks, which sometimes looks through curved windows and the outside camera can be setup to take a feed and have it auto manipulated.  Look I'm growing tired of completely destroying ISS, NASA, and all this fake nonsense they put out.  It doesn't make me happy anymore.  They have all kinds of tricks and if you're interested, you can figure out what they're doing.  They should just tell people the truth.

The thing you seem to be missing, is that it's real,  ( no I'm not just saying that as a debating tactic ).    You can see it through a telescope,  plenty of people have.  You can watch live video feed from inside and outside and nothing is faked.   As far as it being NASA,  no it's not, it's the INTERNATIONAL space station,  not the NASA space station.   NASA,  can't even send supplies up anymore, they have to use the Russians, and private contractors to send people and supplies.

You are seeing through a some kind of paranoid mental fog.   If you want to have your own version of reality that's fine,  you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

PS.  The point about the outside camera's is that they show clearly the earth is curved, not flat,  so your point about interior windows is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:46:58 PM by Rayzor »

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 08:15:44 PM »

The thing you seem to be missing, is that it's real,  ( no I'm not just saying that as a debating tactic ).    You can see it through a telescope,  plenty of people have.  You can watch live video feed from inside and outside and nothing is faked.   As far as it being NASA,  no it's not, it's the INTERNATIONAL space station,  not the NASA space station.   NASA,  can't even send supplies up anymore, they have to use the Russians, and private contractors to send people and supplies.

You are seeing through a some kind of paranoid mental fog.   If you want to have your own version of reality that's fine,  you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

PS.  The point about the outside camera's is that they show clearly the earth is curved, not flat,  so your point about interior windows is irrelevant.

Half of that message was meant for an IM.  Oh well. I could continue to drill on this but it will just not end well for the ISS.  But whats the point?

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 09:14:45 PM »

Half of that message was meant for an IM.  Oh well. I could continue to drill on this but it will just not end well for the ISS.  But whats the point?

There's a laugh. What could anything you say "not end well for the ISS."

By all means, show me everyone I'm wrong. Carry on!

[Edit] as noted.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:22:11 PM by Alpha2Omega »

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 09:30:16 PM »

What does the outside camera have to do with the inside of the ISS video from the OP. 
 The inside camera can be just a regular camera they use to film their talks,
It is a regular camera as far as i can tell.
which sometimes looks through curved windows
curved windows? Ido not see the distortion you speak of
and the outside camera can be setup to take a feed and have it auto manipulated. 
then means it has to be in orbit
 Look I'm growing tired of completely destroying ISS, NASA, and all this fake nonsense they put out.
you have not destroyed a thing.
  It doesn't make me happy anymore. 
That is just  too bad for you.
 They have all kinds of tricks and if you're interested, you can figure out what they're doing. 
The faking of weightlessness it is harder to do that actually being in a weightless State.
 They should just tell people the truth.
As the truth is being presented to you, you can't see it, you don't want to see it, because of your blindness to the truth, I don't know what to say to you to have you take off your blinders.

The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 09:34:33 PM »
The stupidity and moronic views of some flat earthers never ceases to amaze me.  The depth of their self deception beggars belief,  it's up there with "does Australia exist" in terms of the logic being applied. 

Here's an amateur view of the ISS, with details of how he took the picture.   Now, I bet that some know nothing half-wit is going to tell me it's a Gulfstream Jet.  LOL!

http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/feature/astrophotography-guide/chasing-iss

I should give some credit to rounder over at tfes.org for posting the picture and link.  Thanks Rounder.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:36:28 PM by Rayzor »

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 11:09:10 PM »
No, actually there was nothing strange about that video.  It was not in free fall and believing that this video was produced JUST TO TRY TO FOOL you would prove your insanity.  There was nothing odd about it, unless you're an astrophysicist or one of the countless engineers that built that craft, and can therefore point out anomalies.  None of you have the qualifications to question this video.  It's laughable trying to explain that what you thought were seeing was "actors" in a plane in free-fall.  Yes, "THEY" wanted to produce some sort of twisted propaganda video to fool the masses.  As if.  Open your eyes.  I have seen many ISS videos and they are show the exact same things and are filmed by different astronauts, which demonstrate the daily activities that they conduct.  The intelligent conclusion is that this is real, not because one blindly accepts what space agencies produce, but because of the mountain of evidence that already supports a round earth.  This video should only be taken as confirmation of what we already know, that the earth is round, space exists, satellites are real and in general that space agencies perform research from outer space.   

My God.  You people need to be committed...

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 12:46:24 AM »
"free fall" in "0g"  ;D

Cheers guys.
"How can I help but see what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It's not easy to become sane."

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 01:05:06 AM »
"free fall" in "0g"  ;D

Cheers guys.

Yes.  zero-g is the same as free fall. 

Your ignorance of basic physics is a testament to your moronic stupidity,  I bet you think the moon landings were faked, and the earth is flat....  oh wait....

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 01:15:56 AM »
Man, these dupes just make this stuff up as they go along...ad hoc world view... Since most didn't complete their GED I'm not surprised since they can't generally form a sentence.  Yes, "free-fall" as in "0-g"...yes, that's how "THEY" reproduce the feeling of weightlessness.  The video of the ISS is not able to be reproduced.  The people are indeed weightless and float around the ISS station at will.  How the hell else can you reproduce weightlessness unless you're weightless?  Man, and all those "props" in the videos...the zoom lenses that the Russian scientists have strapped to the walls, fake toilets, fake electronics, fake food, fake water droplets floating around the air,...geez, you folks must have been dropped on your heads once too often as babies. 

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 01:31:19 AM »

Your ignorance of basic physics is a testament to your moronic stupidity,  I bet you think the moon landings were faked, and the earth is flat....  oh wait....

" In Newtonian physics, free fall is any motion of a body where gravity is the only force acting upon it. "

" ze′ro grav′ity 
"n."the condition in which the apparent effect of gravity is zero"
 ;D

do you still think sound travels through a vacuum ?
Still can't debunk the moon hoax evidence ?
Still ignoring your scientific faux pars ?
Still running ?
Still dancing ?
Still bottling it ?
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It's not easy to become sane."

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2016, 02:21:08 AM »

" In Newtonian physics, free fall is any motion of a body where gravity is the only force acting upon it. "

" ze′ro grav′ity
"n."the condition in which the apparent effect of gravity is zero"
 ;D

do you still think sound travels through a vacuum ?
Still can't debunk the moon hoax evidence ?
Still ignoring your scientific faux pars ?
Still running ?
Still dancing ?
Still bottling it ?

So,  you think free fall and zero G are different?    You don't understand sound propagation,  we proved that already, why you keep raising you embarrassing failures is beyond me.

But then again, who understands the mind of a troll?  Only other trollish creatures I suspect.

Oh, and you illiterate educational background is showing again,  it's  faux pas,    not  "faux pars"   Oh wait that was a faux pas, ...  man that's worthy of a MONSTER FAIL!!! 

feuk

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ^ hmmmmm
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2016, 03:17:06 AM »

So,  you think free fall and zero G are different?    You don't understand sound propagation,  we proved that already, why you keep raising you embarrassing failures is beyond me.

But then again, who understands the mind of a troll?  Only other trollish creatures I suspect.

Oh, and you illiterate educational background is showing again,  it's  faux pas,    not  "faux pars"   Oh wait that was a faux pas, ...  man that's worthy of a MONSTER FAIL!!!
;D
Free fall (according to Newtonian physics ) requires gravity,
0g is what it is, zero gravity.
Can't fail to notice you ignored, ran away and decided to latch onto a typo  ;D
Why am I not surprised.

as for your sound propagation defence,
Well you got spanked and are now on a ten page ignorathon  ;D

bo.....

Wait....what's that noise ?
Sounds like Newton spinning in his grave.

oh well....

bottler  :D