inverted moon

• 4 Replies
inverted moon
« on: February 09, 2016, 08:30:34 AM »
Hello friends

what about the fact that the moon looks inverted from north and south hemisphere.The top i the bottom and the bottom is the top? Is there answer for this?

Thank you very much

Re: inverted moon
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »
Hello friends

what about the fact that the moon looks inverted from north and south hemisphere.The top i the bottom and the bottom is the top? Is there answer for this?

Thank you very much

That's one of the (few) things that can be explained if the Moon were a disk a few thousand miles above the flat earth. If you're looking at it from south of its location above the Earth, its southern limb (edge) appears higher than the northern limb, and vice-versa from north of its location, as already explained in the wiki link in the previous post.

What this doesn't explain, however, is just about everything else we observe about the Moon, such as why it doesn't appear as an oval when it's not straight above you, or why it doesn't change apparent size as it moves toward or away from you. Nor does it explain why the visible portion changes by up to about 2 degrees of lunar longitude between moonrise and moonset due to parallax, nor librations; these are, of course, due to the Moon being spherical. It provides no plausible reason for the existence of lunar phase which, despite what the wiki says, is the same (within about 2°) everywhere on Earth it's visible at any given time.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 02:48:19 AM »
I am glad to see that some roundies are starting to actually use a tiny bit of logic.  Of course the moon would look inverted when see from the opposite side of a flat Earth. 

?

ER22

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:37:49 PM »
I am glad to see that some roundies are starting to actually use a tiny bit of logic.  Of course the moon would look inverted when see from the opposite side of a flat Earth.

How very gracious of you to say that someone who disagrees with you is using "a tiny bit of logic"
A compliment and putdown in one phrase.
Well done.
As for your comment about the moon looking inverted from the opposite side of a flat Earth.
Two people stand side by side, left shoulder to left shoulder and look up at the moon directly over head.
They would disagree on the top and bottom of the moon.
One person turns around and now they are standing left should to right shoulder.
Now they agree on top and bottom of the moon.
Put 5000 miles between them and do the same, results should be the same.
Not saying it proves round or flat earth, just that the of course it's inverted statement was flawed.
Show me a Flat Earth map that works.