How will the world accept the truth?

• 47 Replies
How will the world accept the truth?
« on: January 25, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »
I've believed in the earth being flat ever since I can remember. I was ridiculed in school for it, and later in life, co-workers and friends have tormented me over it. Now with the musical artist B.o.B announcing his support in our fight against tyrannical oppression and repression of the truth, how do you think the world will react? Will they still fight the facts staring in their faces? And why is it so hard for the majority of so called "intelligent life" to accept that we've been lied to? It's certainly not the first lie we were told, nor is it the biggest.

Please share your thoughts on how the general populace will handle this revelation.

And also, hi everyone. This is my first post (not sure if I got the right section), but it's great to see a community of free minds, and not just the normal mundane sheep.

Re: How will the world accept the truth?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »
So, you believe in a flat earth just because the majority do not?

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 02:34:06 AM »
I've believed in the earth being flat ever since I can remember. I was ridiculed in school for it, and later in life, co-workers and friends have tormented me over it. Now with the musical artist B.o.B announcing his support in our fight against tyrannical oppression and repression of the truth, how do you think the world will react? Will they still fight the facts staring in their faces? And why is it so hard for the majority of so called "intelligent life" to accept that we've been lied to? It's certainly not the first lie we were told, nor is it the biggest.

Please share your thoughts on how the general populace will handle this revelation.

And also, hi everyone. This is my first post (not sure if I got the right section), but it's great to see a community of free minds, and not just the normal mundane sheep.

Some rapper I never heard of is not going to change my mind, I think that will be the same for most rational minds.

I'm curious, if this isn't the so called biggest lie what is?

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:26:30 AM »

I suspect most people will either ignore it or laugh at it due to it's absurdity.

Round earth is proven beyond any possible doubt and the vast majority of the population know this.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 03:44:31 PM »
Who's B.o.B?
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:10:25 AM »
Who's B.o.B?

The cause of one of the most spectacular headlines I've seen. Claimed to be an FEer, more likely just wants publicity.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Xenos2112

• Heaven cannot brook two suns nor earth two masters
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 03:53:36 AM »
I don't think that you have to worry about how people will handle this "Truth."  I think most of them will point to the Scientific Method, the works of astronomers and scientists going back to ANTIQUITY, and laugh in the face of this Bob fella.

Who is he?  Why should I care?  Not only does he not understand science, he also wouldn't stand five seconds against Ghostface Killah or anyone else from the Wu-Tang Clan.

Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' ta F*** Wit',
~Xenos, "DJ, Spin That Wu-Tang Joint--Ah yeah, AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN"
There is nothing impossible to him who will try.

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Alexander III of Macedon, Emperor of the Known World, 336-323 BC

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 04:18:43 AM »
I've believed in the earth being flat ever since I can remember. I was ridiculed in school for it, and later in life, co-workers and friends have tormented me over it.
And now you have come to a new place to be ridiculed.  Idiot.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Xenos2112

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 04:38:56 AM »
I've believed in the earth being flat ever since I can remember. I was ridiculed in school for it, and later in life, co-workers and friends have tormented me over it.

Come now, do not sink to their levels!  Ad Hominem should be avoided whenever possible.  I understand, there are some instances in which trolls get to you--but rather than ridicule this individual, let's welcome them and find out WHY they believe that, and see if we can't work to change it.

If you drive them away before that opportunity...  That's sad.

The Light Must Shine.  You Can't Stop the Signal. 

Keep flying,
~Xenos, Stranger in a Strange Land

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 03:33:21 PM »

I do hope that by "a community of free minds" you mean minds open to see both sides, not just what you believe.

Firstly, you need to ask just why you believe the earth to be flat. 
For so many the basic reason seems to be "the earth looks flat, so it must be!"  Then they have to find some way to explain the numerous things that do not fit that idea.

Then "gravity" seems a stumbling block for many.  They can't understand how it can work, but do they really understand how the other "forces at a distance" work?  While there are four fundamental forces of nature recognised, only two are familiar to most people:
Quote from: Dept. Physics & Astronomy University of Tennessee
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/cosmology/forces.html
  • The electromagnetic force causes electric and magnetic effects such as the repulsion between like electrical charges or the interaction of bar magnets. It is long-ranged    . . . . . . . . It can be attractive or repulsive, and acts only between pieces of matter carrying electrical charge.
  • The gravitational force is weak, but very long ranged. Furthermore, it is always attractive, and acts between any two pieces of matter in the Universe since mass is its source.
The reasons that gravity seems so "magic" seem to be:
  • Since it so weak we cannot easily see its effects or demonstrate it as we can magnetic or electrostatic forces.
  • Since if depends on mass a speck of dust or a water droplet (mist) can float on the tiniest upcurrent of air, yet it can hold the oceans and atmosphere against forces that "fling" then away.

Then you should look at just why the globe (sometime a few centuries BC) and finally rotating globe (around 1,600 AD) came to be generally accepted. 
These were not just some rash ideas that popped into someone's head, but a gradual development based of earth bound and astronomical observations over many hundreds of years.

The globe and finally the heliocentric globe became accepted because they best fitted the apparent motions of the sun, moon, planets and stars.

I will leave it there, but could go into much more detail of how the ideas were developed and how the early "Church" and to a lesser extent (because I don't know so much on it) early Islamic astronomers view these matters.  On the latter point the work of many Islamic  leaders during the western "Dark Ages" is often ignored, but some of the earliest quite accurate estimates of the earth's diameter come from the Middle East.  Have a look at the work of "Al-Biruni" (Sep 973 – Dec 1048).  He is regarded as "is regarded as the father of geodesy for his important contributions to that field". From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Biruni.

In the "Church", both Roman Catholic and Protestant, the globe earth has long been accepted, but until sometime in the period 1,650 - 1,800 AD the stationary earth still had a lot of support.
(Sorry, my "leave it there" did not quite work.)

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »
Don't listen to this blind sheep. You are welcome here even though there are a lot trolls and paid shills here to torment us true believers. Welcome to TheGhost.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »
I still don't see any point for someone to be paid to post here. U

Xenos2112

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »
Don't listen to this blind sheep. You are welcome here even though there are a lot trolls and paid shills here to torment us true believers. Welcome to TheGhost.

Wait, I can get PAID to do this stuff?  Holy crap, I'm in the wrong business, slaving away at a living historical facility for peanuts that barely pay my bills!

Who do I contact to get in on this?

Seriously, I want to know,
~Xenos, So Poor it HURTS

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 05:50:22 PM »
Subscribed.

There are going to be so many new people now that do what I did:

1. "How anyone possibly believe the earth is flat in this era? I wonder why they think this"

Research

2. "This can't be. What is the official scientific reasons for this!?!"

Research

3. "Their Science is really a just theory, and their theory is full of holes"

Stages of grief for the globe

Xenos2112

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
Subscribed.

There are going to be so many new people now that do what I did:

1. "How anyone possibly believe the earth is flat in this era? I wonder why they think this"

Research

2. "This can't be. What is the official scientific reasons for this!?!"

Research

3. "Their Science is really a just theory, and their theory is full of holes"

Stages of grief for the globe

So scientific laws are theory now?  How's that work?  I've looked at the Flat Earth model EXTENSIVELY over the past few days, and I keep coming to the same conclusion--there is absolutely NOTHING substantial about it.  It's not even worth calling a HYPOTHESIS because it is so patently false.

Although if you have some deeper understanding of it, and WHY the Law of Gravity is wrong, why the Laws of Motion are wrong, why the Laws of Planetary Orbits are wrong, why you don't have a functioning map, how far up the "conspiracy" goes, all of that, I'd LOVE to see it.

So far, all I get is deflect and dodge.

So, to that end, how do you get that science is a theory?  Do you understand what a Scientific Law is?  What replaces those Laws in your model?  Why don't you have an accurate, non-skewed map of the world (since if the world IS in fact flat, producing a 2D map would be VERY easy since we know the distances of virtually everywhere on the face of the planet)?  Do you HONESTLY think that NASA, their subcontractors, thousands of pilots, merchants, sailors, scientists, teachers, professors, hobby rocketeers, etcetera and so forth are ALL IN ON THE SCAM?

How do you explain the sun setting, rising, and 24 hour days in Antarctica?  How do you explain retrograde planetary motion?  Why are all the other planets spherical, but the EARTH so special?

I'm waiting,
~Xenos, Not Like I've Got Anywhere BETTER to Be   

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »
How do you explain the sun setting, rising, and 24 hour days in Antarctica? 

24 hour days - There maybe 2 suns. What if we are on a flat earth, and there is another flat earth next to us.  Overlap of sunlight.  How can we know for sure?

How do you explain retrograde planetary motion?

That actually explains flat earth.  I posted this video sometime ago.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Why are all the other planets spherical, but the EARTH so special?

Who knows?

Do you understand what a Scientific Law is?

Apparently not and neither do all of the scientists around the world that still continue to study things like gravity.  Why do that?  I think you should call them all and tell them to stop immediately because laws are established. We've got it all figured out.

Do you HONESTLY think that NASA, their subcontractors, thousands of pilots, merchants, sailors, scientists, teachers, professors, hobby rocketeers, etcetera and so forth are ALL IN ON THE SCAM?

Really? Why don't you throw in some taxi drivers, some fire fighters, and maybe a tennis pro.

Xenos2112

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »

24 hour days - There maybe 2 suns. What if we are on a flat earth, and there is another flat earth next to us.  Overlap of sunlight.  How can we know for sure?

Who knows?

Apparently not and neither do all of the scientists around the world that still continue to study things like gravity.  Why do that?  I think you should call them all and tell them to stop immediately because laws are established. We've got it all figured out.

Do you HONESTLY think that NASA, their subcontractors, thousands of pilots, merchants, sailors, scientists, teachers, professors, hobby rocketeers, etcetera and so forth are ALL IN ON THE SCAM?

Really? Why don't you throw in some taxi drivers, some fire fighters, and maybe a tennis pro.

Sure is a lot of words to say "I don't know."  At least with Science, we can predict what's going to happen, show that it's going to happen this way, and then observe it happening the way the formula said it would.

All you've offered is conjecture based on...  Nothing.  There are absolutely ZERO facts to back up anything you said.

If you don't know, don't make out like you do.  Just because you don't understand the thing don't mean it's not real.  Personal Incredulity, mate.  Science gives us a model that works, what's so hard to understand about that?

Regards,
~Xenos, Who Will Take Newton, Kepler, and the Rest over Pure Conjecture Any Day

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:41 PM »

Who knows?

Sure is a lot of words to say "I don't know."  At least with Science, we can predict what's going to happen, show that it's going to happen this way, and then observe it happening the way the formula said it would.

All you've offered is conjecture based on...  Nothing.  There are absolutely ZERO facts to back up anything you said.

If you don't know, don't make out like you do.  Just because you don't understand the thing don't mean it's not real.  Personal Incredulity, mate.  Science gives us a model that works, what's so hard to understand about that?

Regards,

:P

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 09:52:00 PM »

Welcome to the forum,   you should never feel bad about questioning accepted dogma,  but, you should also know when to accept the evidence.
The world needs free thinkers,   as far a how the world would handle being told the truth.   Quite well,  I should think.   The truth is the world is not flat.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Xenos2112

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 10:12:13 PM »

Who knows?

Regards,

:P

How very mature of you.

I don't know why I was expecting more, since you'd rather blindly believe something that has no evidence to support it based in any kind of reality.  Perhaps you feel it makes you a rebel?

Just remember, the rebel is not always right, and just because it's accepted by the majority does not make it false.

Oh, I admit, the converse is also true.  However, the Round Earth Model actually explains things.  Instead of "Because," or "Reasons."  It actually gives the formula as to WHY things happen the way they do.

Perhaps you should look more into it,
~Xenos, Going to Watch Carl Sagan

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 11:00:03 PM »
... and not just the normal mundane sheep.

You know how they'll accept it? They already do, check reality, I'M A DANK MLG PRO

and the earth is round.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 11:40:55 PM »
Too many posts that I want to reply to, so I'll just summarize into one.

No, I do not believe the earth is flat to be some sort of rebel. I believe it's flat, because there's no evidence to the contrary. You can use all your alleged "facts" but when your "facts" are created around the explanations you've already created, it's a circle of explanatory scenarios you have to fulfill all your inquisitive needs. Look outside the bubble of what you were taught about how nature and the laws thereof behave. I guarantee you'll be scrambling in a tither of panic. But you'll be the better man for it.

On who B.o.B is, he's an accomplished musical artist, with such chart topping hits as "Airplanes", and other songs. He's also a free thinking man, not chained to the ideals of the general populace. Where we would need a million voices to reach the ears of one unbeliever, he's one voice that can reach a million.

And I do understand that others here will ridicule, but it's fine. If they weren't searching for answers to the questions in their hearts, they wouldn't be here. Obviously Doubt and Insecurity have a hold on them. ;)

If anyone has unquestionable evidence that the earth is round, please do share it. No doctored photographs or stories that you were told as a little tot, please. Legitimate evidence. I'll be waiting with baited breath.  :o

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 11:46:05 PM »
If anyone has unquestionable evidence that the earth is round, please do share it. No doctored photographs or stories that you were told as a little tot, please. Legitimate evidence. I'll be waiting with baited breath.  :o

Well,  you could go spend a day with a local surveyor,  and ask to help out on a geodetic survey.   They do it day in day out.   
Or you could explain why it is you can see further from a mountain top or a tall building.   

Maybe just watch a sunset, or sunrise.   

The proof of a round earth is right there,  you just need to look.

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 11:46:22 PM »

Thank you for the warm welcome, friend. I must say, it's surprising to see how many trolls are here. Definitely more than what I expected. As for the "paid shills" as you so delicately called them, I find them comically amusing. If the government/secret societies weren't afraid of the truth being accepted, they wouldn't need to hire these internet thugs. But alas, that's the tyranny we must endure.  ::)

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 11:53:15 PM »
Well,  you could go spend a day with a local surveyor,  and ask to help out on a geodetic survey.   They do it day in day out.   
Or you could explain why it is you can see further from a mountain top or a tall building.   

So, these surveying chaps can prove the earth is round? Do bring one here and have him share this elusive information in his grasp. I'll be most delighted to hear his tales.

It's not that you can see farther, it's the vantage point. There are no obstructions of your field of view whilst on a tranquil mountain. Go into a desert, where there is none of that pesky foliage clogging your retinas, and let your eyes wander. You'll see, (no pun intended) things are rather flat, and you can see quite a distance. Hmm, you might say, the same distance as from a mountain.  ;)

I've seen many sunsets and rises in my years, and none of them have shown me a round earth. To my apparently untrained eye, I must say the way the sun comes up lends credence to a flat earth. Much like a balloon rising over a table I believe, if you'll permit the analogy.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 11:59:52 PM »

So, these surveying chaps can prove the earth is round? Do bring one here and have him share this elusive information in his grasp. I'll be most delighted to hear his tales.

It's not that you can see farther, it's the vantage point. There are no obstructions of your field of view whilst on a tranquil mountain. Go into a desert, where there is none of that pesky foliage clogging your retinas, and let your eyes wander. You'll see, (no pun intended) things are rather flat, and you can see quite a distance. Hmm, you might say, the same distance as from a mountain.  ;)

I've seen many sunsets and rises in my years, and none of them have shown me a round earth. To my apparently untrained eye, I must say the way the sun comes up lends credence to a flat earth. Much like a balloon rising over a table I believe, if you'll permit the analogy.

How does the sun set on a flat earth?

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 12:06:47 AM »
Too many posts that I want to reply to, so I'll just summarize into one.

No, I do not believe the earth is flat to be some sort of rebel. I believe it's flat, because there's no evidence to the contrary. You can use all your alleged "facts" but when your "facts" are created around the explanations you've already created, it's a circle of explanatory scenarios you have to fulfill all your inquisitive needs. Look outside the bubble of what you were taught about how nature and the laws thereof behave. I guarantee you'll be scrambling in a tither of panic. But you'll be the better man for it.

On who B.o.B is, he's an accomplished musical artist, with such chart topping hits as "Airplanes", and other songs. He's also a free thinking man, not chained to the ideals of the general populace. Where we would need a million voices to reach the ears of one unbeliever, he's one voice that can reach a million.

And I do understand that others here will ridicule, but it's fine. If they weren't searching for answers to the questions in their hearts, they wouldn't be here. Obviously Doubt and Insecurity have a hold on them. ;)

BOOK A FLIGHT TO ANTARCTICA RIGHT NOW.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 12:08:50 AM »

It goes underneath, you silly goose.

No thanks, mate.

Xenos2112

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 12:12:26 AM »

No thanks, mate.

So...  It "Goes underneath."

Meaning the entire Earth would go dark simultaneously, as it would be BENEATH the Earth at that point.

Uh...  Nope.  That's not how that works.  See, there are these things called "Time Zones," and that dictates that when it's daylight in one place, it's night in another.  Very basic concept.  Don't have to be "Scientific" to figure that one out, just ring someone up or start a Skype chat with someone on the opposite side of the world from you.

There is no way that model works with reality.

Sorry, Them's The Breaks, Kiddo,
~Xenos, Going to Bed, Have Fun Y'all!

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 12:33:12 AM »

No thanks, mate.

So...  It "Goes underneath."

Meaning the entire Earth would go dark simultaneously, as it would be BENEATH the Earth at that point.

Uh...  Nope.  That's not how that works.  See, there are these things called "Time Zones," and that dictates that when it's daylight in one place, it's night in another.  Very basic concept.  Don't have to be "Scientific" to figure that one out, just ring someone up or start a Skype chat with someone on the opposite side of the world from you.

There is no way that model works with reality.

Sorry, Them's The Breaks, Kiddo,
~Xenos, Going to Bed, Have Fun Y'all!

Didn't think I'd need to clarify for one that perceives himself to be a great scholar, but there are at least two suns. Surely you've read about all the "theories" we FE'rs believe. Oh, what's that? You didn't bother to study before you came here with your condescending attitude? My mistake.  :-X You seem rather blissful in your ignorance, but I do suppose that is what they say... ;)