This site's a joke, right?

• 41 Replies
This site's a joke, right?
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:57:02 PM »
I don't really believe for a minute that anyone who is part of the human species in the 21st century seriously believes the Earth is NOT spherical, but it does make for some good entertainment.  But just in case there are some doubters out there (perhaps children under 7 or adults with IQs lower than their age) here are the simplest observations, experiments, and questions I can think of to put your mind at rest.

If these don't convince you or at least make you doubt the FET, I believe all hope is lost for you.

1. Observe the shadow of the earth on the moon during a lunar eclipse (this occurrence is rare so mark your calendars).
2. Head east in an airplane and go as far as you can, only stopping to refuel (hire a pilot you trust or fly co-pilot). 
3. Launch a high altitude balloon with a camera attached (then you know the pics aren't doctored).
4. Read a science book (any published after say... circa 1600+ AD written by academia)
5. Explain what motive the "RET conspirators" would have in hiding the truth?
6. Explain how all other planets and our sun are spherical but somehow Earth escaped this fate?
7. Finally, take an expedition to the so-called ice wall at the edge of the world, climb it and see what's on the other side.  If it's too high to climb, get to the edge, then see #3 above.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: This site's a joke, right?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »
Welcome to FES!  :)  Please read the FAQ.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
Ahh.. I see.. so you are all serious (or so your FAQ section claims)!

It also appears you have an answer to most questions that could be asked (no doubt you've heard most of the common ones).  So then... I'll just add one more to my list above..

8.  You have many ideas and explanations on how the earth is flat and not round, but lacking is any scientific experimentation or actual evidence.  With this in mind, have you considered the likely possibility that the reality is the RET while the conspiracy is the FET?  Or, to make a slight variation to my question, without evidence, what makes your theory any more credible than the one you claim to debunk?

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »
Please read the FAQ.

I don't know all of the rules, so forgive me if I'm wrong here, but couldn't you just answer an individuals questions by adding a link to one of the discussions in the FAQ instead of just pointing someone in it's direction? Personally, I feel like if someone asks a question that has been answered, it is not necessary to answer it again, but I feel like pointing them in the right direction is better than telling them that the answer can be found somewhere on this website

I made a point to say "I feel" because like I said, there may be a rule that I am not aware of

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »
Please read the FAQ.

I don't know all of the rules, so forgive me if I'm wrong here, but couldn't you just answer an individuals questions by adding a link to one of the discussions in the FAQ instead of just pointing someone in it's direction? Personally, I feel like if someone asks a question that has been answered, it is not necessary to answer it again, but I feel like pointing them in the right direction is better than telling them that the answer can be found somewhere on this website

I made a point to say "I feel" because like I said, there may be a rule that I am not aware of
This isn't so much a rule as a matter of internet etiquette. Many sites have a FAQ for (here's the kicker) Frequently Asked Questions and it is a good idea to read those to see if the questions or thoughts you have are already addressed. More to the point, but we have people coming many times a week and posting the same questions/issues again and again that are already addressed. Put simply it gets boring and monotonous continually answering the same questions again and again when a perfectly good system is there to deal with it. Even linking the topics together gets boring.
I'll grant it isn't that much a problem but when people have 7 issues they are raising in one thread, like this one, you can see how redundant the whole thing becomes. It also makes the thread difficult to follow with so many points trying to be debated.

Nonetheless, said link, with menu links too for easy navigation.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,1324.0.html
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
This isn't so much a rule as a matter of internet etiquette. Many sites have a FAQ for (here's the kicker) Frequently Asked Questions and it is a good idea to read those to see if the questions or thoughts you have are already addressed. More to the point, but we have people coming many times a week and posting the same questions/issues again and again that are already addressed. Put simply it gets boring and monotonous continually answering the same questions again and again when a perfectly good system is there to deal with it. Even linking the topics together gets boring.
I'll grant it isn't that much a problem but when people have 7 issues they are raising in one thread, like this one, you can see how redundant the whole thing becomes. It also makes the thread difficult to follow with so many points trying to be debated.

Nonetheless, said link, with menu links too for easy navigation.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,1324.0.html

I really haven't been on the site as long as you have, and considering it's usually the people who believe in FE that get all of the skepticism, I don't really know what it's like to have to deal with it. I retract my previous statement then.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »
I don't really believe for a minute that anyone who is part of the human species in the 21st century seriously believes the Earth is NOT spherical, but it does make for some good entertainment.  But just in case there are some doubters out there (perhaps children under 7 or adults with IQs lower than their age) here are the simplest observations, experiments, and questions I can think of to put your mind at rest.

If these don't convince you or at least make you doubt the FET, I believe all hope is lost for you.

1. Observe the shadow of the earth on the moon during a lunar eclipse (this occurrence is rare so mark your calendars).
2. Head east in an airplane and go as far as you can, only stopping to refuel (hire a pilot you trust or fly co-pilot). 
3. Launch a high altitude balloon with a camera attached (then you know the pics aren't doctored).
4. Read a science book (any published after say... circa 1600+ AD written by academia)
6. Explain how all other planets and our sun are spherical but somehow Earth escaped this fate?
7. Finally, take an expedition to the so-called ice wall at the edge of the world, climb it and see what's on the other side.  If it's too high to climb, get to the edge, then see #3 above.

Regardless of the aim of this society, the earth is flat is a fact.

I have the answers of all your questions and more. I can show you that the earth is flat with no doubt if you are open-minded enough.
Life is a big trick.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »

Regardless of the aim of this society, the earth is flat is a fact.

I have the answers of all your questions and more. I can show you that the earth is flat with no doubt if you are open-minded enough.

Unfortunately 'Happy Forever', you cannot.  The Earth is spherical is a fact. <-- See how I did what you did?  Until you provide actually PROOF instead of just conjecture, all your discussion points are invalid.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »
So far Happy Forever is only making promises. He hasn't produced anything before us yet.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »

A shadow which manifests on the moon at a regular period does not suggest that the shadow is of the earth. Any body could be intersecting the path of light between the moon and sun.

The layout of the earth is similar of that of the United Nations logo. East and West are not straight lines. When a pilot travels Eastwards, he is traveling in a broad circle.

North is Hubwards, South is Rimwards, East is Turnwise, and West is Widdershins.

At the edge of space you are looking down at a circle, and will therefore see some slight curvature to the horizon.

The book Earth Not a Globe by Samuel Birley Rowbotham is a science book written after 1600 AD.

The purpose isn't to hide the shape of the earth, but to fake the concept of space travel.

The earth is not a planet.

The Ice Wall is at the edge of the known world. What exists beyond the Ice Wall is a tundra of ice and snow of unknown extent.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:43:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 01:53:07 AM »
1. No body has ever been detected passing between the Moon and the Sun or the Earth and the Moon. If there was such an object, it would also pass in front of the stars and make them disappear. It is no the case.

2. When a pilot travel eastwards, he is not traveling in circle, it would show, it would have been noticed since a couple of centuries, and the UN logo has nothing to do with it.

3. If you launch a camera high in the sky, you'll notice that at the same altitude the circle has always the same diameter, wherever you do the experiment, whereas in FET it would depend massively on where you do it (near the ice wall or near the Arctic).

4. ENaG is plainly wrong, as demonstrated many times (perspective matter: he mistakes horizon and vanishing point).

5. There's no conspiracy: too many people, too much money, too long time, too complicated. And space travel and Moon landings have never been properly debunked.

6. FET has never been able to explain formation of the planet Earth and why UA affects it but not what's on it.

7. If there was an icewall, it would have been detected by the time. And if it's the end of the known world, how could somebody know what's behind?

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »

A shadow which manifests on the moon at a regular period does not suggest that the shadow is of the earth. Any body could be intersecting the path of light between the moon and sun.

Tom, something would have to be in the way. Please enlighten me on what object is ever passing between the Earth and our moon. What object would be large enough to stop the light even coming from the sun and reflecting off of the moon that can be close enough to us without Earth being effected by celestial gravitation?

The layout of the earth is similar of that of the United Nations logo. East and West are not straight lines. When a pilot travels Eastwards, he is traveling in a broad circle.

North is Hubwards, South is Rimwards, East is Turnwise, and West is Widdershins.

Nice claim, to bad people don't actually travel in a broad circle.

At the edge of space you are looking down at a circle, and will therefore see some slight curvature to the horizon.

Why can high altitude photos only see certain continents if the Earth is flat? Why can high altitude photos not see the spotlight from that great of distance. How come video footage from planes that can exist the atmosphere show Earth's rotation?

The book Earth Not a Globe by Samuel Birley Rowbotham is a science book written after 1600 AD.

Robotham clearly lacked any knowledge of perception and did not know of optical illusions that occur. The vast majority of his work can be dismissed.

The purpose isn't to hide the shape of the earth, but to fake the concept of space travel.

The earth is not a planet.

Tom, I am not sure what to even say about this. I am actually speechless as to Earth not being a planet. You are starting to make me think you feel we are the special snow flake of the universe. With the 100's of trillions of galaxies out their, we are the only ones.. right.

The Ice Wall is at the edge of the known world. What exists beyond the Ice Wall is a tundra of ice and snow of unknown extent.

seriously Tom, the ice wall is a myth. You have no proof of it, all you can do is muster up some photo of a 100 foot section of coast line from Antarctica. While I and thousands more have been around the Coast of Antarctica and sailed where the FE maps end.. I will tell you there is no end you just end up where the globe shows you should be.
[/quote]

I would also like to add that satellites exist orbiting Earth. GPS is using satellites. LORAN-C stations have been shut down and are no longer in use (the ET's of the CG are furious... the rate is so locked up now) 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:37:42 PM by BoatswainsMate »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »

Tom, something would have to be in the way. Please enlighten me on what object is ever passing between the Earth and our moon. What object would be large enough to stop the light even coming from the sun and reflecting off of the moon that can be close enough to us without Earth being effected by celestial gravitation?

It is a satellite of the sun known as the Shadow Object.

The Shadow Object is not as large as the sun or the moon. A shadow of the Shadow Object is projected upon the moon when the sun, object, and moon perfectly align.

It is never seen because it is always on the day side of the earth, rotating around the sun. The sun's light washes out all celestial bodies in the sky during the day.

You are also traveling in an unnoticeable circle on a Round Earth when traveling Eastwards or Westwards. On an RE if you stand 20 feet from the point of Magnetic North and travel Eastwards. Where where does your path take you?

Why can high altitude photos only see certain continents if the Earth is flat?

The atmosphere is not perfectly transparent.

Why can high altitude photos not see the spotlight from that great of distance. How come video footage from planes that can exist the atmosphere show Earth's rotation?

I've never heard of a plane that could exist the atmosphere of the earth.

Tom, I am not sure what to even say about this. I am actually speechless as to Earth not being a planet. You are starting to make me think you feel we are the special snow flake of the universe. With the 100's of trillions of galaxies out their, we are the only ones.. right.

The universe does not exist. The stars and galaxies are tiny specs of light and chemical action in the sky.

I would also like to add that satellites exist orbiting Earth. GPS is using satellites. LORAN-C stations have been shut down and are no longer in use (the ET's of the CG are furious... the rate is so locked up now)

Who told you that satellites exist and that Loran was shut down, the government?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:29:48 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »

Who told you that satellites exist and that Loran was shut down, the government?

I was a part of the team that helped shut some down.. Loran station Attu Island. And if you go to any LORAN station I can personally guarantee you they are abandoned. The towers do not function anymore. Turn on your LORAN plotter and you will get no signal. Remember Tom I am in the USCG and the CG was the body that handled loran...

And in RET there is a universe... Sometimes I think you are just messing with all of us.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:37:47 PM by BoatswainsMate »

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »

It is a satellite of the sun known as the Shadow Object.

The Shadow Object is not as large as the sun or the moon. A shadow of the Shadow Object is projected upon the moon when the sun, object, and moon perfectly align.

It is never seen because it is always on the day side of the earth, rotating around the sun. The sun's light washes out all celestial bodies in the sky during the day.

You are also traveling in an unnoticeable circle on a Round Earth when traveling Eastwards or Westwards. On an RE if you stand 20 feet from the point of Magnetic North and travel Eastwards. Where where does your path take you?

Why can high altitude photos only see certain continents if the Earth is flat?

The atmosphere is not perfectly transparent.

Why can high altitude photos not see the spotlight from that great of distance. How come video footage from planes that can exist the atmosphere show Earth's rotation?

I've never heard of a plane that could exist the atmosphere of the earth.

The universe in does not exist. The stars and galaxies are tiny specs of light and chemical action in the sky.

1. There are other ways of detecting a shadow object tah seeing it. And as said before, but you don't pay attention, if there was such an object it would cast a shadow on other things that the Moon.

2. Not answering the question, as usual: in FET, if you travel north, leaving Australia, how come you meet Antarctica? (not a broad circle)

3. Sarah Palin can see Russia from her place, therefore we can see other continents, depending on where you are.

4. Some planes can fly high enough to see the curvature of the Earth.

5. Do you have an idea why "the stars and galaxies are tiny specs of light and chemical action in the sky"? Any clue (I'm not asking for a proof, it's too much for you)

6. You should accept one for all that satellites exist. You could go to an observatory and chek.

7. People go to the Everest and to Antarctica and still nobody has found the icewall?

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
Oh hey Tom, here is a list of planes and the records for highest fixed wing flight. I ma pretty sure they would be able to see if Earth is round or flat...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_altitude_record

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
1. There are other ways of detecting a shadow object tah seeing it. And as said before, but you don't pay attention, if there was such an object it would cast a shadow on other things that the Moon.

It's rotating around the sun parallel to the earth. What else would it cast a shadow on?

2. Not answering the question, as usual: in FET, if you travel north, leaving Australia, how come you meet Antarctica? (not a broad circle)

If you leave North from Australia you do not meet Antarctica...

3. Sarah Palin can see Russia from her place, therefore we can see other continents, depending on where you are.

Sara Palin can't see Russia from her place. You can see some Russian owned islands from Alaska, but not Russia.

4. Some planes can fly high enough to see the curvature of the Earth.

Planes like the Concord which can fly at the edge of space see some curvature to the horizon because they are looking down at a circle.

5. Do you have an idea why "the stars and galaxies are tiny specs of light and chemical action in the sky"? Any clue (I'm not asking for a proof, it's too much for you)

Under a Flat Earth, Astronomical parallax on a plane surface places all celestial bodies very close to the earth's surface. The sun is computed to be 3000 miles, and the stars just a little higher than that.

See the Modern Mechanics article at the bottom of this page: http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=Distance_to_the_Sun

6. You should accept one for all that satellites exist. You could go to an observatory and chek.

So I go to an observatory and say "Show me the satellites!!" Is that how it works?

Telescope time in a large observatory is extremely expensive. I doubt they'll drop everything they're doing and find me some satellites.

And even if they did find me a moving white dot in the sky, how will I know it's in orbit around the earth?

7. People go to the Everest and to Antarctica and still nobody has found the icewall?

It was discovered over 150 years ago: http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=The_Ice_Wall
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:49:04 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »
1. I d'love to see a diagram of that and a coherent explanation.

2. According to the FET map, you do.

3. you can see mainland Russia from Alaska, across the Behring straights.

4. As usual you bnever listen: at the same altitude, depending on where you where, the curvature would be very different depending on where you are. Furthermore, unless you are over the North pole, you don't see the same curvature on the left or the rear side of the plane.

5. That's not an exoplaination about the stars and the galaxies. Anyway modern equipment discredit utterly those distances.

6. That's your problem: you cannot rent a telescope and you cannot do the calculations.

7. No icewall has ever been discovered which matches FET. No recent (re)discovery for instance.

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »

It was discovered over 150 years ago: http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=The_Ice_Wall

Wrong Tom, I can guarantee you that the person you are using as a reference to discovering an ice-wall had no clue what he was viewing. Modern sailors know there is no ice-wall no one has ever seen it or encountered it. You can sail right past anywhere an ice-wall should be according to an FE map. The ice-wall is the most outlandish claim I have ever see non this site.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:16 PM »
wouldnt high altitude photographs show some hint of the shadow object? they are usually done in the day and when they get high enough the sky turns black. i cant say for sure if you can see anything but the sun still though.

the iss is a satellite that can be observed.

why are the calculations  in EnaG correct but when people calculated the distances in space using the venus transit they got it wrong?

i would love some more insight on how you come to your conclusions tom. you should be the one writing a book it would make an interesting read.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 03:50:38 AM »
See the Modern Mechanics article at the bottom of this page: http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=Distance_to_the_Sun

Modern Mechanics.  From 1931.   Irony?
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 08:05:09 AM »
The universe does not exist. The stars and galaxies are tiny specs of light and chemical action in the sky.

Out of curiosity, do you believe that astronomers are part of the conspiracy, or just that they're too stupid to notice how wrong they are?
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

?

burt

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »

Out of curiosity, do you believe that astronomers are part of the conspiracy, or just that they're too stupid to notice how wrong they are?

I am massively confused as to what Tom Bishop means. What I think he means to say is that the universe, as science understands it, does not exist. if not he will have to tell us what he calls the thing that earth and the sun and the moon interact in and how it differs from a "universe". because to my mind universe is just a general word to designate that arena in which everything is/interacts.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
There is nothing called universe. It is a meaningless word.
Life is a big trick.

?

burt

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
There is nothing called universe. It is a meaningless word.

Now you have cleared that up; what do you call the thing within which the UA and Earth interact?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »

The ones who work for NASA who claim to be running space probes are liars, the ones throughout history who created the RE model and who work in observatories are wrong.

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »

The ones who work for NASA who claim to be running space probes are liars, the ones throughout history who created the RE model and who work in observatories are wrong.

That's a lot of people to add to the conspiracy.

Could you point out which onse are lying and which ones are wwrong?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »

I just did. See my post above.

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 03:38:06 PM »

I just did. See my post above.

I'll consider that you have done it when you'll show evidence of it.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »

That's lots academics, observing the sky regularly, checking data, tracking objects, working in collaboration,.... who have got it wrong.
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.