IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE

• 27 Replies
IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:25:49 PM »
Do any FE'ers agree with the film IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2602284039812956586&hl=en

Re: IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:20:57 PM »
if this is to believed, there is no conspiracy, and the "ice wall" can not be the continent of Antarctica,

the faqqers will tell you this  video is wrong in every concept.

it is an enjoyable watch however

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:24:15 AM »
I purchased that video three years ago and uploaded it to Google. The movie is about Leo Ferrari's Canadian Flat Earth Society. He has a model which we disagree with, but the video has its merits in its historic and background Flat Earth information. With exception of a few items such as the spinning earth and the up-down motion of the sun, and "non-space," the video is for the most part reflective of this society.

Also check out these other Flat Earth Society videos:

Flat Earth by Pantheon Movies

How They Did It Pt. 1 - NASA's "Moon Ball"

How They Did It Pt. 2 - The Desert Moon
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:42:59 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:47 AM »
I've just seen the 4 films.

If this is a the kind of evidence you accept, then anyone can make you believe in anything! I have rarely seen anything less scientifical that this. Mistakes, misconceptions, lack of evidence, far-fetched conclusions, name it: every possible mistake is present.

And, of course, different theories about the FE. You should say FETs instead of FET. More of this, you should study or work.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:34:55 AM »

THERE HE IS!!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 05:32:13 AM »
I purchased that video three years ago and uploaded it to Google. The movie is about Leo Ferrari's Canadian Flat Earth Society. He has a model which we disagree with, but the video has its merits in its historic and background Flat Earth information. With exception of a few items such as the spinning earth and the up-down motion of the sun, and "non-space," the video is for the most part reflective of this society.

As I recall, Charles K. Johnson hated Leo Ferrari and thought that his Canadian FES was a mockery of the real FES.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »

for the most part reflective of this society.

so the video the video is almost opposite of the FAQ but it reflects the society for the most part?

So is the FAQ wrong? Or the Video?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »

for the most part reflective of this society.

so the video the video is almost opposite of the FAQ but it reflects the society for the most part?

So is the FAQ wrong? Or the Video?

The historic and background Flat Earth information is reflective of this society. The particular FE model they are using is not reflective of our model. We don't hold that the earth spins, that there's an up-down motion of the sun, or such a thing as 'non-space'. But  the video is still worth a watch for anyone interested in Flat Earth.

Ferarri goes through the Eratosthenes calculations, which often gets brought up.

Rowbotham's experiments are summarized.

The background of globularism is good.

If a few of the CanadianFES-only scenes in the film could be snipped out it would make a fine introduction to Flat Earth theory and the history of globularism.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:25:04 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »
I purchased that video three years ago and uploaded it to Google.

Google and Mr Ferrari have now been duly informed of your breach of copyright. Expect a heavy lawsuit.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:11:35 AM »
Do any FE'ers agree with the film IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2602284039812956586&hl=en

Attention to all FE’ers: some irony! Not to be taken too seriously!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 09:16:57 AM »
it is sad to think she died searching for an "edge" in Antarctica.
As a Zetetic the edge (if one even iststs) can not exist in the continent of Anarctica without a massive coverup, and even the faqqers will tell you very few are part of any conspiracy.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
even the faqqers will tell you very few are part of any conspiracy.

Not so. See the "Stupid Conspiracy" thread for estimates of the ridiculously high numbers needed to make the cover up work (ignore Tom's attempts to sidetrack and derail it though).
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »
you are correct, it would have to be massive
more evidence there is no conspiracy because you cant keep everyone (thousands upon thousands) that quiet

it is great that there are real thinkers like Master Davis who doesnt need a conspiracy to explain things.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
I'd just like to say that the film is a joke. It's a thought exercise that demonstrates elements other documentaries use to appear more believable. It's a "mocumentary." It was made with the knowledge that all reasoning was based on invalid premises.

On the whole it really captures the essence of this site.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 05:06:04 AM »
more evidence there is no conspiracy because you cant keep everyone (thousands upon thousands) that quiet

it is great that there are real thinkers like Master Davis who doesnt need a conspiracy to explain things.

Master Lord John Davis seems to have tricked you into thinking he explains things. He doesn't. He says "It's all explained in my book, wait a minute, coming any day now..." and you fall for it.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 05:33:12 AM »
Master Lord John Davis seems to have tricked you into thinking he explains things. He doesn't. He says "It's all explained in my book, wait a minute, coming any day now..." and you fall for it.
The lack of lurking on your own and just taking what RE'ers tell you for granted seems to have deceived you. Try to actually read some of his posts before casting judgement - and don't hand-pick them!
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 05:53:45 AM »
The lack of lurking on your own and just taking what RE'ers tell you for granted seems to have deceived you. Try to actually read some of his posts before casting judgement - and don't hand-pick them!

John Davis never explains things except with reference to other unexplained aspects, like his Aether idea.
An illustrative example:
RE'er: "Why does the sun appear to sink below the horizon?"
Davis: "The path of the light beam gets skewed by Aetheric vibes. The mechanism of this will be explained in my book which will be published soonTM."
An explanation that is not an explanation. BTW you do the same thing with your vague waffling about celestial pulling now that you've had to admit variations in accelerative force at the earth's surface.

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »

You should add the lunar biomass trip, the trip to Antarctica, the trip back to Rock City, TN, and several others to JD's list of continuing failures to produce promised results.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »

I trust that Master Davis is not deceiving us. I believe his book will be released very soon.
This should expain many things

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
I want to believe...
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »
The FE'ers apparent continued dizziness can only be explained by the Earth's continuous rotation.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
The FE'ers RE'ers apparent continued dizziness can only be explained by the Earth's continuous rotation.
Fixed
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »
The FE'ers RE'ers apparent continued dizziness can only be explained by the Earth's continuous rotation.
Fixed

How astonishingly clever of you.

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 01:53:00 PM »
Um.... you guys know that 'In Search of the Edge' is an educational film intended to teach critical thinking skills, to children as young as 11 years old, by presenting FALSE evidence for a Flat Earth so that the students can find the errors.  I always laugh when I see "Dr. Leo Charles Ferrari" in a Flat Earth video (of which there are many).

http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/search.html
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/guides/searchguide.pdf  << see page 3, lol

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 02:02:55 PM »
Are you bumping an age old thread to suggest that Leo Charles Ferrari was not a real doctor?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2016, 06:37:36 AM »
Both Leo Ferrari and George Vanderkuur, two of the flat Earthers in that documentary, were in fact real doctors. 

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2016, 03:07:59 PM »
Indeed he was a world renowned scholar on St. Augustine.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
Both Leo Ferrari and George Vanderkuur, two of the flat Earthers in that documentary, were in fact real doctors.
Yes, very smart cookies! But I'd be careful of that "Planoterrestrialst"! 
Sure they were real doctors, Dr Leo Ferrari, PhD
Quote from: Wikipedia
Leo Charles Ferrari was a St. Thomas University philosophy professor, noted Saint Augustine scholar, and founding member of the parody organization Flat Earth Society of Canada
A "philosophy professor", he did have a science degree, but did not work as a scientist or pretend to be one.
This might be worth reading (with the Andrea Barnes video in mind) DR. FERRARI AND THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY by Alden Nolan.

George Vanderkuur "has taught science and mathematics in elementary and secondary classrooms."
More in George Vanderkuur, Life Member Ontario Association of Physics Teachers
Well known for innovations in hands-on learning and Physics workshops for teachers, George was active as a curriculum developer, text book writer and teacher educator nationally and internationally.

So, keep pushing them to your hearts content, along with that wonderful Antarctic explorer, Andrea Barnes.
Quote from: Frankie, Yahoo Answers
Andrea Barnes didn't go to Antarctica. She's made up. Watch the 'documentary', it's a spoof to teach children about critical thinking not just believing everything you hear. If you look closely enough and really switch your brain on you might see some clues. I'll give you a hint- cows are not commonly associated with Antarctic fauna
whoever Frankie is? But the Antarctic cows sounded interesting.