Hi! I had this on the forum it looked like it was supposed to be on. It wouldn't

• 29 Replies
?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
let me delete the last one, so I just moved it here. :)

Anyways, I found out about this theory(?) on a website called Yahoo! Answers. This troll chick on the religion section kept asking "Atheists, (something with no connection to religion, atheism, or reality)?" A few of her questions were about the Earth being a Discworld, among other things. There was a "Conspiracy" she refused to go into detail about. She did post a link me to the faq on here though. I tried reading it but, in all honesty, it seemed just a little insane. Is this a serious movement/theory/whatever or just a huge conspiracy against gullible people? :)

(Hopefully this is in the right section now..)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:27:04 PM by Xartus »

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
on a website called Yahoo! Answers. This troll kept asking "Atheists, (something with no connection to religion, atheism, or reality), and a few of her questions were about the Earth being a Discworld. She directed me to the faq on here. I tried reading it but, in all honesty, it seemed just a little insane. Is this a serious movement or just a huge conspiracy against gullible people? :)

This is indeed serious. Many users here have made FES chapters in their towns in which they hold meetings and inform people.

One was created in West Chicago just a few weeks ago, for example.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
As this is a website on the internet, it is indeed serious business.

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
Oh wow.. So exactly how do they "inform" people then? Not by trolling the interGoogles like that one chick I hope..?

Lol @ Vindictus.

Lorddave

Oh wow.. So exactly how do they "inform" people then? Not by trolling the interGoogles like that one chick I hope..?

Lol @ Vindictus.

Stay and learn. Open your mind to the infinite of the cosmos and gaze upon pure truth though be wary for it can blind the unprepared!

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
"Stay and learn." I'm gonna take that as an invitation then. :)

But what exactly is this "pure truth" you speak of, and why is it in the cosmos..?

Lorddave

"Stay and learn." I'm gonna take that as an invitation then. :)

But what exactly is this "pure truth" you speak of, and why is it in the cosmos..?
Pure truth is that which remains once the fog of disbelief has been shed.
And the cosmos are both inside ourselves and in the skys above us.

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
Erm.. I'm not really all that good with metaphors.. It's belief?

Lorddave

Erm.. I'm not really all that good with metaphors.. It's belief?

One must believe that the Earth could be flat for one to know the Earth is flat.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
ITT: Lorddave does gotham.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Hi Xartus, welcome to FES!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
Another metaphor..? O.o

I actually dunno about the Earth being flat. I get the feeling it's probably a mostly unremarkable spheroid (Is that actually heresy here..?). Mostly I'm just here because of a troll and curiosity. :)

Hi Space Cowgirl, welcome to my list of people I know about! :)

gotham

• Planar Moderator
Welcome!

ITT correct.  We crawl before we walk before we run.

What you will learn about earth shape will surprise you!!

Lorddave

Unintentionally I assure you.  I'm actually going for the wise sage.

Another metaphor..? O.o

I actually dunno about the Earth being flat. I get the feeling it's probably a mostly unremarkable spheroid (Is that actually heresy here..?). Mostly I'm just here because of a troll and curiosity. :)

Hi Space Cowgirl, welcome to my list of people I know about! :)

Ok It's run it's course.

This site has mostly trolls and Devil's Advocates.  Only a few are true believers.  Most of them are people who believe the Earth is flat and are unwilling to accept being wrong.  Some even believe that moonlight is harmful based on a poorly constructed experiment with plants.
Mostly we just have fun.  So don't get angry when you talk to virtual brick walls.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
Conclusion: gotham is a wise sage.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Lorddave

Conclusion: gotham is a wise sage.
Indeed.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
 :-[

I commit to lurking moar and then moar to achieve such a goal. 

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
Trolls, fun, and devil's advocates? Cool. So long as they're funny trolls and clever advocates it will be fun. :)

But I'm kind of surprised that there are actually real believers. Everything I read about this little group before I joined it said it was basically just a mix of seeing how far you could defend hard-to-defend positions, and how many people you could convince you really did believe it.

But seeing that there are some real, true believers, I can't say I'm surprised that they they mostly wouldn't be willing to be wrong. I've debated with religious types too much for that lol. That's what agreeing to disagree is for though I guess... Anyway, what's this about moonlight?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
Trolls, fun, and devil's advocates? Cool. So long as they're funny trolls and clever advocates it will be fun. :)

But I'm kind of surprised that there are actually real believers. Everything I read about this little group before I joined it said it was basically just a mix of seeing how far you could defend hard-to-defend positions, and how many people you could convince you really did believe it.

But seeing that there are some real, true believers, I can't say I'm surprised that they they mostly wouldn't be willing to be wrong. I've debated with religious types too much for that lol. That's what agreeing to disagree is for though I guess... Anyway, what's this about moonlight?

The moon produces its own light, so it is in question as to what causes moon phases. Here is a discussion between some of our Flat Earth Believers.

One of our most prominent theories is that the moonlight (as well as the phases) is bioluminescence that shines in a natural cycle.

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
Huh? The moon produces its own light? Okay.. I'd just ask for proof.

The moon produces that light with bioluminescence? I'd ask for proof, and proof it's alive, and for the process of how it produces its own light.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Moonshrimp are delicious.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
Lol. Can't wait to try some one day.

.. So.. Um.. Are there moon crabs..? O.o

Lorddave

The moon produces that light with bioluminescence? I'd ask for proof, and proof it's alive, and for the process of how it produces its own light.

Proof denies faith and without faith the Earth can not be flat.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor

Tonight look at the night sky and view that there is light coming from the moon. The light cannot of come from any other source.

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu

Proof denies faith and without faith the Earth can not be flat.

So you're saying that there's no proof the Earth is flat, and it's just taken on faith..? Interesting..

Tonight look at the night sky and view that there is light coming from the moon. The light cannot of come from any other source.

Why can't it be a reflection of the sun?

PizzaPlanet

So you're saying that there's no proof the Earth is flat, and it's just taken on faith..? Interesting..
Meet Lorddave. He usually hangs around in Technology and Information and posts dumb things. He's also an RE'er.

Why can't it be a reflection of the sun?
Read ENaG. For example, this part.

Lorddave

Meet Lorddave. He usually hangs around in Technology and Information and posts dumb things. He's also an RE'er.
I also hang around in philosophy.
I don't post dumb things so much as incorrect things at times.

Though I have posted some dumb things.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Lol. Can't wait to try some one day.

.. So.. Um.. Are there moon crabs..? O.o

Yeah, you should stay away from the moon hookers.

?

Xartus

• Yo Estuve Aqu
Lol thanks for the warning! I'll be sure to stick to Earth ones from now on. :)

PizzaPlanet

Though I have posted some dumb things.
Correct.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:20:30 AM by PizzaPlanet »