Other Discussion Boards > Philosophy, Religion & Society

Evidence is for the sane, not just the scientifc

(1/1)

ﮎingulaЯiτy:
There is no sane reason to intensely believe something without evidence. I'm not talking about conclusive evidence, but any evidence. Nothing in life is taken with faith except religion. If my friend says she is going shopping, I have evidence to believe her because she has a clean record of being honest. If I was in love with someone, I do not take it on faith that they love me back. I would take it in evidence from body language, behavior, and words.

Religion is the only exception to this logical system that the human race consistently makes. Faith is believing something (extraordinary or not) in the complete absence or valid reasoning. Perhaps the reason I managed to become an atheist is because I find that corruption of intelligent thought significantly more depressing than the disintegration of consciousness and self.

Before anyone tries to bring up the bible as evidence for god, ask yourselves why other ancient scriptures aren't equally viable as evidence? The world has an impressive history of inventing religions with fucked up sacred texts, all with incredibly blatant shitstorms claiming demonstrations of divine power and miraculous tales of enlightenment. Sorry, but without evidence, angels are not any more likely than genies, trolls, vampires, or evil cucumber monsters. Faith is not admirable, but really a disease of the masses.

Proleg:
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opiate of the masses.

Crustinator:

--- Quote from: Proleg on October 14, 2009, 12:17:24 AM ---Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opiate of the masses.

--- End quote ---

You are so clever for thinking that up all by yourself. Good post. A++

Saddam Hussein:

--- Quote from: Crustinator on October 14, 2009, 04:35:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Proleg on October 14, 2009, 12:17:24 AM ---Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opiate of the masses.

--- End quote ---

You are so clever for thinking that up all by yourself. Good post. A++

--- End quote ---

I have to admit, I chuckled at this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version