• 155 Replies
?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: Recommend me a good PC game.
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2009, 07:02:20 AM »
Thats what bugs me...

I've been STARING at that one. It looks SO GODDAMN SEXY.

Anyways, I'm stuck with this piece of shit HP Pavilion a250n with a radeon 9200SE. No shader 2.0 support, so basically any space game I can play, sucks. And my moms/brothers computer is a newer one, but built for MEDIA rather than gaming, and she wont let me put a graphics card in it >.>

I want that game SO BAD. I'm sure I'll still like EVE more though, all that slow...Its so fun that way.

you cant see moutains because you have no eyes
DON'T EVER LEAVE, VONGEO, MOTHERFUH-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2009, 07:40:46 AM »
I'm thinking of trying it out, but I hope that they won't make it pay2play.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2009, 07:42:32 AM »
They might. At least b2p. They already have a pre-order don't they?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2009, 07:53:20 AM »
Yeah, but it's probably going to come out in actual stores, rather than downloading it off the website.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »
Yeah, but it's probably going to come out in actual stores, rather than downloading it off the website.

I hope it does, and it will be even better if its just B2P instead of P2P.

Also, just got Swat 4. Hope this runs awesome. xD

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2009, 10:17:56 AM »
Sweet. Is EVE online P2P, btw?

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2009, 10:54:44 AM »
Yus's.

Although, if you buy a 90day GTC and farm ISK like crazy, you should be able to start making it pay for itself..

Wait, I think they only sell 60 days now.

Either way, its legal to sell GTC's ingame, theres a forum for it on the main site, and they run leik 300-400m ISK.If you are bounty hunting and good at it, that shouldn't be problem to achieve...xD

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »
@Hara, I love EVE. Its heavily player based (the market is pretty much ENTIRELY player driven, and they even have a council made up of a guild..I believe.) But its got a pretty high learning curve, and is EXTREMELY slow. It takes about 90 days to learn how to fly a capital ship, and thats just the Capital ship skill, not all the other skill reqs. Also you can only learn one skill at a time, thankfully you dont have to be logged on.

Also, Hara, what private servers and do you still play? I played Ragnarok back in the day, for about 5 years or so, now everyone I know doesn't play it anymore so I has no one to play withs. Plus last time I played it I played on a high rate and ran every character through. Each one only took about 20-30m to max out.

Fuck EVE then. I really don't have the attention span for that.

Right now, when I get bored, I play on Blackout RO. It's only a high rate server (I hate low rates, again, attention span), and it's ridiculous how strong you can get. MVP's become nothing on this server, so hunting and grinding becomes easier.

I used to play on WhateeRO, which I also became a GM on (had separate accounts for my GM toon and then for my legit toons). I was part of a guild called Shatterpoint (aka Green Demons, we dominated the War of Emporium's, at one point we ran all 24 castles), and after a while, the guild leader started to work on a server without us knowing for a while, and he came to me for some help since I had managed to start up a local RO server for my apartment complex to play on and together we developed VanquishRO. It was fucking amazing, we had an awesome website, control panel, everything. We ran for a year before we had to close due to real life. I'd still like to get a dedicated server running RO again, but for now, I am enjoying bRO.

Lemme know if you ever make a server..

As it turns out, bRO is where I maxed out all those characters, and its laggy as fuck because theres too many people. xD.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2009, 04:18:24 AM »
Btw, snacks, I'm downloading X3: Reunion now. Have you tried it or any of its predecessors? Are they any good? You seem to be the one in here who likes space games the most, so that's why I'm asking you. :P

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2009, 08:10:29 AM »
HIGH HIGH learning curve, all reviews will tell you that. X2 has tutorial stuff, but really, I like X3 more for some reason.

Sadly, my computers cannot run them smoothly. It depresses me massively.

I would suggest googling XTM and downloading that, make sure you patch X3 up to 2.5, install the bonus package off their site (All you need is an account) and THEN install XTM. XTM makes it more fun. I can't wait till they finish the BSG mod. <3.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2009, 10:02:09 AM »
Has anybody got an RPG/RTS/anything other than another fucking FPS I can waste a week or so on?
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »
Empire at war is a fun RTS...

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »
Most who played the first two games and their expansions are probably going to disagree with me now, but I really liked Age of Empires 3 and it's expansions. Not too immersive, but still lots of fun. I also love playing as Ottomans and pwning the shit out of people with their ?ber heavy cannons.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »
I played X, X-Pansion, and  X2 and they were boring as hell.  There is an expansion to X3 that I hear is actually pretty good though
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2009, 10:23:43 AM »
Most who played the first two games and their expansions are probably going to disagree with me now, but I really liked Age of Empires 3 and it's expansions. Not too immersive, but still lots of fun. I also love playing as Ottomans and pwning the shit out of people with their ?ber heavy cannons.

I tried AoE3, but for some reason didn't like it. I still love AoE2 though.
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »
I recommend trying it again, and trying to level up your city a bit, to get at the good shipments. It gets really fun in the end. Also, don't buy shipments that boost the explorer, since he sucks anyway. I use him as a one-time use unit. Once he dies, too bad for him. Unless you're playing the warchiefs expansion, of course, in which case the war chief gives your other units a nice boost, once you've gotten some of the better shipments.

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2009, 11:07:04 AM »
I played X, X-Pansion, and  X2 and they were boring as hell.  There is an expansion to X3 that I hear is actually pretty good though

x3 is pretty good, I heard that XTC (terran conflicts) wasn't that great, I believe thats the expansion you are talking about. X3 just kinda puts you right out into missions, or you can choose to do things your own way and play without a storyline...I dont know what the major goal is, I personally find it kind of dull without multiplayer, but still satisfying. Jumpgate Evo looks like its going to be like X3, and the Evochron games I really want to play, but its impossible to find them without needing 25$.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2009, 11:11:52 AM »
I don't know, it just seems like once you've played one space sim you've played them all.  And playing offline ones is definitely more boring; they just stay so staic.  I've been patiently waiting for Infinity for a while now, though.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2009, 11:17:09 AM »
Infinity does look awesome. I found out about that about a week or so ago, a post on some forum back in 2k4 or so said it was hopefully releasing soon.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »
Has anyone tried the combat prototype? I'm downloading it right now, but do you have any opinions?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
I've played it.  It's very, very, very, very simple.  It's a combat prototype and that is it.  It's kind of fun, but a bit confusing.  I'm sure the actual game will have a better learning curve.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »
I suck at SWAT 4.....

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2009, 01:16:04 PM »
I suck at SWAT 4.....

LAWL

I pwn at it.

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2009, 01:32:11 PM »
I suck at games in general really...

Thats why turn based RPGs exist. Its like, impossible to suck at those.

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
I suck at games in general really...

Thats why turn based RPGs exist. Its like, impossible to suck at those.

If you put a game on easy mode you can pwn at it.
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2009, 03:14:13 PM »
Fuck easy mode.

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2009, 03:21:37 PM »
Supreme Commander is an awesome game if you like RTS and your comp can handle it.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2009, 05:00:36 PM »
I suck at SWAT 4.....

It's not that hard of a game, but I guess if you suck that explains it.

I suck at SWAT 4.....

LAWL

I pwn at it.

Same here, it was awesome. Did you do the mission where you go to the guys house that kidnaps  the girls. It's like the 2nd mission.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
I suck at SWAT 4.....

It's not that hard of a game, but I guess if you suck that explains it.

I suck at SWAT 4.....

LAWL

I pwn at it.

Same here, it was awesome. Did you do the mission where you go to the guys house that kidnaps  the girls. It's like the 2nd mission.

Yeah, that was particularly creepy.

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2009, 09:41:38 PM »
I have to play with extremely low end graphics, so it wasn't exactly creepy (Yus, games with better graphics = more creepy, its trues) and it pissed me off. I did it like five or six times because that door was IMPOSSIBLE to see.