Hello, I have a few questions.

• 70 Replies
?

Jamie-

Hello, I have a few questions.
« on: June 18, 2008, 04:10:11 AM »
Hi there.

I came accross this site and got interested in the information available on it, Upon reading quite a lot of threads I have a few things I find myself wondering about. I must add before I go on, I am not a scientist or physicist, So please try and make your answers easy for me to understand.

With the FE, Satellites cannot exist. I had Sky Digital Television installed in my house a few years ago, The engineer was up and down his ladder for quite a while adjusting the angle of the satellite dish until the signal strength was at its maximum.
Why was he doing this (Angling the dish into the sky) if satellites do not exist?
There may be a perfectly reasonable explination for this, I just don't know enough about the 'technology' to work it out myself.

With FE, The Earth is pushing upwards, How do clouds stay where they are?

With FE, Why are there higher tides at certain times of the year with the see-saw effect?

With FE, Heat comes from below the earth, Yet heat can be felt coming from the Sun, Heating water on sunny days. When a cloud covers the sun, it's noticeably cooler and so on.  (I probably have the FE theory on heat wrong, If I do please let me know)

I have a lot more things running through my head, But if someone could try to answer my questions it would be much appreciated.

Jamie.

Re: Hello, I have a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:56:32 AM »
Wondering the same thing as Jamie.
Something to point out, he did state that in FE, satellites don't exist.
What I believe he was asking, and it's the same thing i'm wondering, is why would they need to point it (sky/cable/fox dishes etc) in to the sky and configure it etc... so we get good signal.
Seems stupid if there are no satellites.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:58:45 AM by Kris »
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:37:53 AM »
What I believe he was asking, and it's the same thing i'm wondering, is why would they need to point it (sky/cable/fox dishes etc) in to the sky and configure it etc... so we get good signal.
Seems stupid if there are no satellites.

Because they have to point the dish where the signal is coming from.
I certainly don't think it needs a satellite -- unless you make a lot of assumptions...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:05:58 AM »
Why lie about Satellites in the first place tho?
Why say they are there, when they could easily just say they broadcast from a tower.

Anyone ever seen a tower before where things like this could take place.
Im assuming it would need to be pretty big.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:08:21 AM »
I suspect that the signals are broadcast from stratellites.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 08:10:13 AM »
Why use stratellites then lie about it?
What would be the point of saying they use satilletes? It wouldn't benifit them in any way.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:12:01 AM »
You can charge people more money to "send a payload to orbit" than it costs to make a big blimp.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »
Doubt that's the reason behind it.
When I think of paying for a service like cable television, I dont think, wait a minute, they arn't using satellites, therefore i'm not going to pay as much.
I doubt many people do.

I just don't see it, theres plenty of pictures and videos of satellites.
I take it they are all fake?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 08:25:42 AM »
The dupe is the satellite cable company, not the average consumer. The cable company pays NASA $10,000 per pound to put a satellite in orbit. The consumer is passed these higher costs indirectly.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 08:28:07 AM »
So you are saying that the cable companies themselves are being tricked into believing there are satellites? When really it's just NASA using, say, towers or stratellites?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 08:58:02 AM »
So you are saying that the cable companies themselves are being tricked into believing there are satellites? When really it's just NASA using, say, towers or stratellites?
Essentially.

Quote from: Goldilocks
You see that's where you're wrong. OK it might cost a great deal to put a satellite into orbit, but once it's up there, beyond the atmosphere and given a good perpenticular boot in the right direction it'll stay whistling about the earth for decades. No need for fuel.

Blimps haven't taken off (no pun intended) because of the fuel required to keep them up there. Stratellites as described here sound like they're having difficulties getting off the ground.

The problem with most aerospace developments is that they flow through NASA. It's like expecting the oil companies to release a super efficient electric engine. Why in the world would they release it? Sanswire is working with NASA  (in case you didn't know). It's much better to say the technology is a decade (or more) away, then have someone else come up with the idea and implement it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:41:32 AM by Ski »

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 09:25:01 AM »
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, makes much more sense to me now.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »
Essentially.

So the telecoms wouldn't be pissed if they found out that they wasted all of those billions of dollars on fake satellite launches?  What about the insurance companies that pay off when a launch fails, or a satellite does not achieve a usable orbit? 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:36 AM »
I've stated several times I expect the satellite cable providers (for instance) would be pissed if they knew what was really going on. The insurance scam is particularly brilliant on their part.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 10:29:25 AM »
I've stated several times I expect the satellite cable providers (for instance) would be pissed if they knew what was really going on. The insurance scam is particularly brilliant on their part.

I sure hope that the insurance companies aren't stupid enough to fall for the "fake satellite blowing up on the launch pad" scam.  But then again, it could explain my health insurance premiums.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »
Lol Jamie.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 11:32:47 AM »
So is anybody going to answer this question?

Why are there higher tides at certain times of the year with the see-saw effect?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 11:40:12 AM »
The moon and the anti-moon vary height above and below the disc. I'm not sure what he is referencing with the "see-saw effect".

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »
Why don't we see stratelites? Surely there has to be a lot of them. How do the straelites give you TV? What kind of equipment would they likely be using and how much it would have to weigh, and how do they get a contant source of power to the stratelite?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »
Because stratellites though somewhat large are rather far away. The answers to your other questions are rather like the functions on a satellite.

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »
Because stratellites though somewhat large are rather far away. The answers to your other questions are rather like the functions on a satellite.

So it being far away makes it invisible?

that still doesn't answer what the stratelite are specifically used for, and nobody probably can answer it

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »
No, it makes it indiscernible.

that still doesn't answer what the stratelite are specifically used for, and nobody probably can answer it

I'm not sure what your question is here. Stratellites are used for various purposes. Surveying, communication/data relay, weather radar, etc

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
No, it makes it indiscernible.

I'm not sure what your question is here. Stratellites are used for various purposes. Surveying, communication/data relay, weather radar, etc

I'm talking about digital TV to millions of customers

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »
So data relay. Congratulations. You figured out a use for a stratellite.

?

Jamie-

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 02:07:17 AM »
The moon and the anti-moon vary height above and below the disc. I'm not sure what he is referencing with the "see-saw effect".

Read the FAQ.

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 02:09:38 AM »
Yeah, this is took from the FAQ:

The tides exist due to a slight see-saw effect on the earth. As it goes back and forth, the water rushes to the side that is lower. Note, this is a very slight wobble. Remember, these wobbles are created by very minor earthquakes. They keep the tides in check. Notice that large earthquakes result in large tides or "tsunami".

Curious as to why tides would be at different heights at different times of the year.
Also, what do you mean, the anti-moon?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »
I'm not convinced there is anything larger than a very, very slight wobble in the earth. The tides are caused by the combined effects of the moon and anti-moon -- it may also be related to other heavenly bodies. While this wobble may cause some of the tidal anomalies that are recorded and inexplicable under the RE model, I strongly doubt it accounts for all tidal action.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 10:35:02 AM »
Wait-No FEer has answered the heat question yet. I see that Jamie has found yet another huge hole in FE unless someone can explain it.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 10:39:24 AM »
Which heat question, I'm too lazy to go back and find it, I'm interested to see if it's a legitimate argument against FEers.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »
Hi there.

With FE, Heat comes from below the earth, Yet heat can be felt coming from the Sun, Heating water on sunny days. When a cloud covers the sun, it's noticeably cooler and so on.  (I probably have the FE theory on heat wrong, If I do please let me know)

Jamie.

What does FE have to say?
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)