Author Topic: IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE  (Read 2289 times)

Offline toolpot462

• View Profile
IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:25:49 PM »
Do any FE'ers agree with the film IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2602284039812956586&hl=en

Offline iwanttobelieve

• View Profile
Re: IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:20:57 PM »
if this is to believed, there is no conspiracy, and the "ice wall" can not be the continent of Antarctica,

the faqqers will tell you this  video is wrong in every concept.

it is an enjoyable watch however

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:24:15 AM »
I purchased that video three years ago and uploaded it to Google. The movie is about Leo Ferrari's Canadian Flat Earth Society. He has a model which we disagree with, but the video has its merits in its historic and background Flat Earth information. With exception of a few items such as the spinning earth and the up-down motion of the sun, and "non-space," the video is for the most part reflective of this society.

Also check out these other Flat Earth Society videos:

Flat Earth by Pantheon Movies

How They Did It Pt. 1 - NASA's "Moon Ball"

How They Did It Pt. 2 - The Desert Moon
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:42:59 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline EmperorZhark

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:47 AM »
I've just seen the 4 films.

If this is a the kind of evidence you accept, then anyone can make you believe in anything! I have rarely seen anything less scientifical that this. Mistakes, misconceptions, lack of evidence, far-fetched conclusions, name it: every possible mistake is present.

And, of course, different theories about the FE. You should say FETs instead of FET. More of this, you should study or work.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Offline Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:34:55 AM »

THERE HE IS!!!!

Offline markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
  • Official wet blanket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 05:32:13 AM »
I purchased that video three years ago and uploaded it to Google. The movie is about Leo Ferrari's Canadian Flat Earth Society. He has a model which we disagree with, but the video has its merits in its historic and background Flat Earth information. With exception of a few items such as the spinning earth and the up-down motion of the sun, and "non-space," the video is for the most part reflective of this society.

As I recall, Charles K. Johnson hated Leo Ferrari and thought that his Canadian FES was a mockery of the real FES.
Green's Law of Debate: Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Offline iwanttobelieve

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »

for the most part reflective of this society.

so the video the video is almost opposite of the FAQ but it reflects the society for the most part?

So is the FAQ wrong? Or the Video?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »

for the most part reflective of this society.

so the video the video is almost opposite of the FAQ but it reflects the society for the most part?

So is the FAQ wrong? Or the Video?

The historic and background Flat Earth information is reflective of this society. The particular FE model they are using is not reflective of our model. We don't hold that the earth spins, that there's an up-down motion of the sun, or such a thing as 'non-space'. But  the video is still worth a watch for anyone interested in Flat Earth.

Ferarri goes through the Eratosthenes calculations, which often gets brought up.

Rowbotham's experiments are summarized.

The background of globularism is good.

If a few of the CanadianFES-only scenes in the film could be snipped out it would make a fine introduction to Flat Earth theory and the history of globularism.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:25:04 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline The Knowledge

• Purgatory
  • FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »
I purchased that video three years ago and uploaded it to Google.

Google and Mr Ferrari have now been duly informed of your breach of copyright. Expect a heavy lawsuit.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Offline EmperorZhark

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:11:35 AM »
Do any FE'ers agree with the film IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2602284039812956586&hl=en

Attention to all FE’ers: some irony! Not to be taken too seriously!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Offline iwanttobelieve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 09:16:57 AM »
it is sad to think she died searching for an "edge" in Antarctica.
As a Zetetic the edge (if one even iststs) can not exist in the continent of Anarctica without a massive coverup, and even the faqqers will tell you very few are part of any conspiracy.

Offline The Knowledge

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
even the faqqers will tell you very few are part of any conspiracy.

Not so. See the "Stupid Conspiracy" thread for estimates of the ridiculously high numbers needed to make the cover up work (ignore Tom's attempts to sidetrack and derail it though).
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Offline iwanttobelieve

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »
you are correct, it would have to be massive
more evidence there is no conspiracy because you cant keep everyone (thousands upon thousands) that quiet

it is great that there are real thinkers like Master Davis who doesnt need a conspiracy to explain things.

Offline toolpot462

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
I'd just like to say that the film is a joke. It's a thought exercise that demonstrates elements other documentaries use to appear more believable. It's a "mocumentary." It was made with the knowledge that all reasoning was based on invalid premises.

On the whole it really captures the essence of this site.

Offline The Knowledge

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 05:06:04 AM »
more evidence there is no conspiracy because you cant keep everyone (thousands upon thousands) that quiet

it is great that there are real thinkers like Master Davis who doesnt need a conspiracy to explain things.

Master Lord John Davis seems to have tricked you into thinking he explains things. He doesn't. He says "It's all explained in my book, wait a minute, coming any day now..." and you fall for it.

Offline PizzaPlanet

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Rebel scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 05:33:12 AM »
Master Lord John Davis seems to have tricked you into thinking he explains things. He doesn't. He says "It's all explained in my book, wait a minute, coming any day now..." and you fall for it.
The lack of lurking on your own and just taking what RE'ers tell you for granted seems to have deceived you. Try to actually read some of his posts before casting judgement - and don't hand-pick them!
Flat Earth Societies of the world, unite!

Offline The Knowledge

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 05:53:45 AM »
The lack of lurking on your own and just taking what RE'ers tell you for granted seems to have deceived you. Try to actually read some of his posts before casting judgement - and don't hand-pick them!

John Davis never explains things except with reference to other unexplained aspects, like his Aether idea.
An illustrative example:
RE'er: "Why does the sun appear to sink below the horizon?"
Davis: "The path of the light beam gets skewed by Aetheric vibes. The mechanism of this will be explained in my book which will be published soonTM."
An explanation that is not an explanation. BTW you do the same thing with your vague waffling about celestial pulling now that you've had to admit variations in accelerative force at the earth's surface.

Offline ClockTower

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »

You should add the lunar biomass trip, the trip to Antarctica, the trip back to Rock City, TN, and several others to JD's list of continuing failures to produce promised results.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Offline iwanttobelieve

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »

I trust that Master Davis is not deceiving us. I believe his book will be released very soon.
This should expain many things

Offline zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
I want to believe...
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.